Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > T68- some collected Tips Žn Tricks from this forum

Author T68- some collected Tips Žn Tricks from this forum
TerminatorIII
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-06 18:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Maybe its useful 4 U & 4 printout & 4 sending to friends...
but: nothing new, all from here!

Thanks to the guys who found that tips!

1. Go into "Edit contact", and select the Contact
2. Scroll down to the number you want to cut and paste.
3. Without selecting it (ie without clicking on the joystick or the yes button) press and hold the * key, and then press the 1 key.

When you release both keys, the highlighted number should disappear.
4. Now move to the appropriate entry (eg the "Mob" entry) and press and hold the * key, then press the 3 key. When you
release both, the number is pasted into this entry.

just press 1-9 and # and you will see the phone number in sim card

When viewing the phone numbers for the contact you can press and hold * and then 1 for cut, 2 for copy and 3 for paste.

I take the people I send most sms'es to and put them all in individual GROUPS. One person is one group and the group name is set to that persons name. Ex: my friend John is now the group named John. And then when I've finished typing an sms I press
YES, <- and then GROUPS.

You use the joystick < >
and the star *
Do this :
> * < < * < *
Then you got the servicemenu,..go into the first one.
Here it should say one of these :
R1B
R1C
R2A
These are the current software versions, R2A is the newest.

The T68 uses a popup window for caller ID. Even though the display is 101 x 80 pixels, only the center portion of an image is shown. To make sure your caller id picture displays like you want it, you should make it the same size of the popup window which is 93 x 62 pixels.

Tip number two: We have (or should be using) the .act file that converts an image to an indexed color .gif file. The color table only utilizes the colors that the T68 is able to display. What i've discovered is that you should resize the image BEFORE loading the color table. I've included two examples to illustrate the point.
Resizing first (good)
loading color table first (bad)
The image editing steps that work best for me are:
1. Crop image area
2. Resize to either 93 x 62 for caller id or 101 x 80 for full screen
3. Adjust contrast, brightness, saturation
4. last: load color table to convert to 256 colors

€ IMEI:
- Turn on the phone and enter PIN...
- You are now in the mainwindow.
- Tap this buttons: *#06#

€ Service menu:
- Tap this buttons: >*<<*<*

€ "Fake" PIN-lock:
- Tap this buttons: #05#
- Press 'NO' to exit.

When adding an appointment (Organizer > Calender > Add appointm.), after filling in the subject and Location, and Icon/Type, you get the "Start date" screen. If you know you are to have a meeting, say, next Monday, but don't have a clue about which date this is, simply press the Option key (between the "Yes" and "1" buttons). And there you go, the monthly calender view pops up!

I found a neat function with the calculator in the T39 by mistake: Pushing the volume button (on left side) UP, will copy the current contents of the display into a memory, and an "M" is displayed in the upper left corner of the display. Use volume DOWN to retreive the value in further calculations. If you use the smallest font size, the value of the memory is also displayed. Unfortunately, the memory is lost if you leave the calculator function.
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-07 14:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Good job done by a New Poster. Well done TerminatorIII
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi