Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Remember Deadman? The man who found out the first T68i

Author Remember Deadman? The man who found out the first T68i
Newton
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 22:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
For those who remember him, he was the one who first published pics of a new T68 (the T68i) that no one did believe in before those pics... (see this link http://esato.com/news/article.php?id=17)

Well, the reason I'm asking this, is that I was wondering how it was possible that the yet-to-be-officially-annouced-by-SE phone, was actually sold in the shops in Eastern Europe as people where saying then!

I mean, congrats to deadman and co but how could such a thing ever happen? I know that the t68i is not really different from the previous t68m, but on march 5 Sony Ericsson did present it as a brand new phone, the first one with MMS and all.

And one thing that is very strange to me is that if you look under deadman profile and his posts (http://esato.com/board/search.php?term=&addterms=any&forum=all&search_username=Deadman&sortby=posttime_desc&searchboth=both&submit=Search), he didn't post anything since March!?

As someone suggested before, do you think that it was some big marketing tactic from ? Or is just me getting way over my head?

[ This Message was edited by: Newton on 2002-08-05 22:11 ]
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 22:20

Flextronics, the company manufacturing mobilephones for , has a factory in Hungary.

[ This Message was edited by: Cytech on 2002-08-05 21:21 ]
Mimzo
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 22:42
But why would the Hungarian factory of the company release the phone before any other factory? Before the mother company and headquarters even??

I lived in Eastern Europe before and know that things can sometimes get 'flexible' there but how can allow such a thing to happen? Before Sweden? Japan? I find it a bit strange. It is rather vague and interesting.
P990i
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 22:49
maybe some secret deal between and Flextronics a test so see peoples reactions on the phone before it hit the big market...

[ This Message was edited by: Cytech on 2002-08-05 21:50 ]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-05 23:00
i've seen al the post of deadman. mmm i think he just got his info and pics form and a bit of money 2 a think.we all know that this is the best site for consumers to get info on ericsson, sonyericsson are other mobile products.it's would be normal that some people of sony ericsson, ericsson, nokia and more are ready everything that we say, i've even had a reporter from a famous magazine in sweden that contacts me often to get info of me and i from him. ok i have some internal contacts whi ericsson and samsung but sinds sony ericsson was made i can't get a lot of info from ericsson on what they are doing.

we would actualy help the people form sony ericsson, nokia and so one if they would give us some info 2. info for info!
nwmq1
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 23:28
Bart> Let me guess who the reporter is:

Niclas Lidström from Mobil? is that right?
Yomans
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 23:47
I dont know much about these things but i know one thing that from 12 august in Latvia you can buy the new nokia 6610 and that is much faster than in other european countrys .

This post was posted from a T68i

Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2002-08-06 00:24
i tend to think it was a leak buy sony ericsson, which turned out to be a great way of marketing a (old) new product
OBEY GAINT
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi