Previous  123 4 ... 414243  Next
Author Arabic Forum
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-19 03:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yemen update:

"Yemen was to issue on Tuesday a tender for a third operator of the Global System of Mobile telephony (GSM 900), the country's Minister of Telecommunications and Information Technology said on Monday.

The minister, Abdul-Malik al-Moalimi, told Saba the third license comes in line with a decision taken by the Cabinet last year with the aim of providing the mobile service along with the current two GSM providers.

He said neither the current GSM operators (Spacetelyemen and Sabafon) nor the Public Telecommunications Corporation or their partners would be allowed to compete for the new license.

"

Source: Al Bawaba
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-21 02:22
strange that mobile phones are very important in Arabic countries yet there aren't many people out there that participate in forums
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2005-05-21 20:27
Ana hunaaaaa

ãä íÓÊØíÚ ÞÑÇÁÉ ÇáÚÑÈíÉ
VidER
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-21 21:30
Quote:

On 2005-05-14 12:39:43, amnesia wrote:
@fatreg,
alright i'll just help to clear up a few things.
Here in the Middle East you could say that Dubai is considered it's own country even though it's not.
Etisalat is not the only mobile network however. Thurayeh is another one which I THINK has been around for 5 years or so.

I can give you answers to possibilities as to why the statement "Dubai first the UAE next" was used.
Perhaps it meant Dubai received 3G first, and the rest of the UAE would follow? You have to remember that Dubai is UAE's focus when it comes to technology, they are trying to get it completely covered with wifi signals, but they aren't going to (or haven't announced that for Abu Dhabi)

And for restricting 3G to one area and not the others. common Fatreg you're in the UK. You see how the control one area's reception of signals by not building enough polls. (or however they control coverage). It could be that they haven't gotten around to building enough to cover other area's of the UAE or didn't believe it was necessary at the time of releasing 3G.

Although stupid me I noticed I said Bahrain and Dubai are among the two first Me COUNTRIES. Guess I said that because Bahrain is a country even though Dubai isn't, fixed that though.

Man you are so mixed up!

Dubai is only a city in the UAE.

Etisalat covers all the country.

Thuraya is a company founded and mainly owned by Etisalat.. and it does not offer GSM and regular communication services. Its a global communications provider. Offering mobile phones using satellite coverage. And it works in most parts of the world.

Q-tel is also partly owned by Etisalat. as well as the new (Mobily) company the new mobile services provider in Saudi Arabia.

And 3G covers all the UAE. not only Dubai.

VidER
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-22 02:27
i think you are the one who is mixed up.
Q-tel is a government owned telecommunications company.

I never denied the fact that Etisalat is not available in the whole country but that the 3G section is not available. I think you need to read what I wrote more carefully.

As for saying it's only a city, I KNOW that, I said it is CONSIDERED. Read my last sentence, I said dubai ISNT a country.

Finally in relation to Thuraya didn't you notice the capitilized THINK ?

*sighs* you have to read the wording carefully.

@Athlon™ eX

6ab3an we can read arabic fonts, (or at least I can)
Ma 3indi keyboard 3arabee, fa aktib Arabish.

edit: did some research on the Q-tel/Etisalat thing you mentioned.
Etisalat just owns shares in Q-tel. If I buy Q-tel shares, it doesn't mean I own it. they specifically have 1%

It says Etisalat owns only 34% of Thuraya as well.

You have to remember that these are stocks.

here is the source
http://www.uae.gov.ae/Government/telecomm.htm

Oxygen Inc

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-22 01:36 ]
VidER
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-22 11:50
Quote:

On 2005-05-22 02:27:59, amnesia wrote:
i think you are the one who is mixed up.
Q-tel is a government owned telecommunications company.

I never denied the fact that Etisalat is not available in the whole country but that the 3G section is not available. I think you need to read what I wrote more carefully.

As for saying it's only a city, I KNOW that, I said it is CONSIDERED. Read my last sentence, I said Dubai ISNT a country.

Finally in relation to Thuraya didn't you notice the capitilized THINK ?

*sighs* you have to read the wording carefully.

@Athlon™ eX

6ab3an we can read arabic fonts, (or at least I can)
Ma 3indi keyboard 3arabee, fa aktib Arabish.

edit: did some research on the Q-tel/Etisalat thing you mentioned.
Etisalat just owns shares in Q-tel. If I buy Q-tel shares, it doesn't mean I own it. they specifically have 1%

It says Etisalat owns only 34% of Thuraya as well.

You have to remember that these are stocks.

here is the source
http://www.uae.gov.ae/Government/telecomm.htm

Seems that you get offended easily!

Anyway.

I am ((in)) the UAE. and know for a fact that all the seven Emirates were covered by the 3G services from Day one.

Thuraya was founded by Etisalat.. I never said it is owned..

Etisalat is one of the biggest ((Investors)) in Qtel. And it also ((OWNS)) big portions of many of the Telecomunication companies in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Africa.

Cool down. Don't let facts annoy you.

VidER

amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-22 14:49
I do get offended when it seems someone wants to prove me wrong in public.

How can Etisalat be the largest contributer of Q-tel when it only owns 1% of stocks and for example the CEO owns 15%

as for 3G coverage, I wasn't just saying something I randomly thought up.

I literally saw it in the GDN on the day I posted it.
If their facts are wrong, I can't be blamed.

That link I last posted had all the specific details of what Etisalat owns, has shares in and runs.
I think it also shows their goals.

side question:

are you arabic?

Oxygen Inc

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-22 13:52 ]
buudepapier
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 02:53
Can you guys tell me how to write '' death to the exploiters!'' in arabic pleeease? thank you
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 03:00
@amnesia - How do you say: "Thank You" in your lingo - (Arabic) mate Muchos gracias! [addsig]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-24 19:32
lol what a weird request.

to say death to exploiters would be a bit difficult since I can't think of a word except for a definition so I would say

al mowt lil exploiters

For some basics (this is Gulf arabic btw, countries have different accents and words but all understandable to us)

Thanks alot: shukran jazeelan
You're welcome: awfan, il afoo
Hello: Al salam wo alaikum, or simply salam, or Halaa
replied by: wo alaikum al salam or simply salam

I forgot to post that the K750 has been out in the UAE, Bahrain and Qatar for over a week now.

Specifically 1630 dirhams (UAE Dirhams)

Oxygen Inc

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-24 18:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-25 13:43 ]
buudepapier
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 22:11
thank you! But you said that countries had diferent dialects and accents, how would death to the epxloiters sounds in syrian arabic?
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-25 01:43
hmm I dont know if there is another word for death in syrian.
I mean, most words are the same just stressed differently.

I'll ask a friend of mine and get back to you.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 02:43
@amnesia - "shulran jazeelan" ! Until my next request mate . . . [addsig]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-25 14:42
crap typo btw

It's shuKran not Shulran, dont want you to be saying the wrong word now
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-25 16:55
Etisalat in Saudi Arabia

Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) launched its services as the new mobile operator in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday with a spectacular event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Riyadh. Patronised by Minister of Communications and Information Technology (CIT) Mohammed Jamil Mulla, the ceremony was attended by key industry figures, businessmen and members of the media.

Receiving guests were the Mobily Chairman AbdulAziz Al-Saghyir, the CEO of Emirates Telecommunications Corporation Mohammed Omran, the CEO of Etisalat International Obaid bin Mes’har and the Mobily CEO & Managing Director Khalid Al-Kaf.

“The launch of Mobily heralds a new era for the telecommunications sector in Saudi Arabia as customers will now enjoy a much wider range of choice bouquets,” said Al-Kaf. “Mobily services are available at more than 300 points of sale (POS) in 32 cities Kingdom wide. The POS number is expected to reach 1,400 in the near future. The Mobily service is slated to operate in many other cities soon,” added Al-Kaf.

Mobily post-paid SIM cards will be available in five minute based bouquets. The Starter package offers 25 minutes talk time for a fixed monthly fee of only SR40. Additional minutes will be charged at SR0.43 per minute in the Kingdom.

The Standard package provides 100 minutes talk time for a fixed monthly fee of only SR65. Additional minutes will be charged at SR0.37 per minute on Mobily to Mobily calls and Mobily to landline calls and SR0.41 per minute to other local networks.

Consumers receive 250 minutes of talk time as well as four hours free for their friends and families for a fixed monthly fee of SR110 with the Advanced package. Additional minutes will be charged at SR0.37 on Mobily to Mobily calls and Mobily to landline calls and SR0.41 to other local networks

The Executive package offers 500 minutes of talk time for a fixed monthly fee of SR190 with free voice mail activation. Additional minutes will be charged at SR0.33 per minute on Mobily to Mobily calls and Mobily to landline calls and SR0.39 per minute to other local networks.

With the Elite package, customers get 1000 minutes worth of talk time for a monthly fee of SR340. Additional minutes will be charged at SR0.33 per minute on Mobily to Mobily calls and Mobily to landline calls and SR0.39 per minute to other local mobile networks.

All packages offer value-added services such as voice mail, SMS, MMS, Mobily portal, WAP and Internet.

The Pre-paid service will be offered through two bouquets called Anees and Wafeer. Anees offers consumers the initial credit value of SR150 for 120 days with a set- up fee of SR150. Customers will be charged SR0.83 per minute during peak time (9:00am-9:00pm) and SR0.73 during off-peak time (9:00pm-9:00am).

Wafeer brings consumers the initial credit value of SR150 with a set up fee of SR150 for 120 days. They will be charged SR0.79 for the first two minutes. The third minute onwards will be charged at a rate of SR0.69 per minute.

Both Anees and Wafeer provide customers with an option of calling one favorite national number at a 20 per cent discount. Pre-paid recharge vouchers will be available in five denominations.

Mobily is the official brand name of Etihad Etisalat, the new mobile service provider in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Established in accordance with a 2004 royal decree, the ownership of the company is two-fold: A Saudi ownership, comprising public investors holding 20% of the company’s shareholding, while private investors own a 45% stake. The balance of 35% is owned by the Etisalat of UAE.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 414243  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic