amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-10 16:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
yeah that's what I wrote.
Dubai is first.
The rest of the UAE is to follow.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-11 17:03
Anyone know when the PSP is due in the middle east?
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-12 02:20
it was released in Bahrain at the same time as the Japan release date. Same goes for Qatar.
The prices were high (at import stores)
As you know in the middle east they're trying to get us to use the PAL format but we all use NTSC-J or NTSC-UC.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-12 10:23
Who needs a japanese import? And I'm not visiting Bahrain or Qatar anytime soon. I don't think the PSP is officially released in Europe either. Or am I wrong?
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-13 14:09
in Europe it's slated for september i think.

In Qatar, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait etc... people use Japanese or American consoles because of the release date of titles.
Pal (European) titles usually come out up to 5 months (possibly more) after a Jap or US release.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2005-05-13 20:59
Quote:

On 2005-05-10 02:48:14, amnesia wrote:
Dubai are among the two first ME countries to support 3G video calling.

Countries to follow are UAE

now call me stupid here but is Dubai not in the UAE? with Abu Dhabi/Zaby being the capital of the UAE?

Dubai being one of the emirates along with:

Ras-al-khaima
Sharjah
Ajman
UM-Al-Quwain
Fujairah

now correct me if im wrong here but im pretty sure im spot on!

oh and as one person said theres only one operator in the UAE Etisalat. so how why would they restrict 3g use to the UAE largest city and not the capital?

fatreg

Owner of too many phones to list.

[ This Message was edited by: fatreg on 2005-05-13 20:01 ]
Mirage20uk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-14 03:57
how is every body this is Morad .iam now in Egypt but iam origenally from Yemen so its really nice to be in such a great site or forum that really helps me several times and actually iam really interested to join all of u in this arabic forum so welcome all of you guys.
ewap8
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-05-14 07:46
ma'asalaam!!
I'm member #100 on this website. I think!
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-14 12:39
@fatreg,
alright i'll just help to clear up a few things.
Here in the Middle East you could say that Dubai is considered it's own country even though it's not.
Etisalat is not the only mobile network however. Thurayeh is another one which I THINK has been around for 5 years or so.

I can give you answers to possibilities as to why the statement "Dubai first the UAE next" was used.
Perhaps it meant Dubai received 3G first, and the rest of the UAE would follow? You have to remember that Dubai is UAE's focus when it comes to technology, they are trying to get it completely covered with wifi signals, but they aren't going to (or haven't announced that for Abu Dhabi)

And for restricting 3G to one area and not the others. common Fatreg you're in the UK. You see how the control one area's reception of signals by not building enough polls. (or however they control coverage). It could be that they haven't gotten around to building enough to cover other area's of the UAE or didn't believe it was necessary at the time of releasing 3G.

Although stupid me I noticed I said Bahrain and Dubai are among the two first Me COUNTRIES. Guess I said that because Bahrain is a country even though Dubai isn't, fixed that though.

@mirage,

Hala Morad! Inshalla int ib 9i7a. Hope you're doing fine and we'll be seeing you more around this thread.

Oxygen Inc

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-14 11:41 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-14 12:51
Qatar update:
Looks like Faster Broadband has started (doubled at no extra cost)
and 3G is scheduled to arrive by the end of the year.

"Dr. Nasser, CEO of Qtel says:
This is all part of a big push forward by Qtel to upgrade its facilities, particularly with the Asian Games coming up in Doha late next year.

'We are also introducing 3G mobile phones and are in the process of selecting a vendor,' says Dr. Marafih. 'We expect to have 3G in service by the end of the year, and are happy that the earlier problems with 3G handsets have been solved. For the Asian Games, Qtel is a part of the organizing committee and we were keen to have 3G ready for this event.'

Qtel has a monopoly in Qatar at the moment and it expires in 2013
" But Dr. Marafih says he already runs Qtel as if competition was about to appear, so as to be ready when it does, and just in case the government changes its policy. But with 75% GSM penetration, he argues that there would not be much for competition to go for in Qatar."

Good news i guess.

Etisalat have been trying to open here for ages.

It's great to hear that Qatar is developing at a major speed.

"The floating Islands
Education City
New Capital New Doha
Disney Land ME
Asian Games coming
City Center (largest mall in Middle east)

I feel proud now. I used to think it was a dump.

http://www.ameinfo.com/58304.html

Oxygen Inc

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-14 11:57 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-14 12:56
This looked interesting.

Seems as though Bahrain has high-end 3G capabilities.

"BAHRAIN has become the first in the world to have nationwide 3G wireless services, which offer the most advanced video mobile communication, MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) announced yesterday"

http://www.w2forum.com/item/bahrain_is_making_3g_mobile_history

Couldn't read more since i needed to subscribe.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2005-05-14 17:23
ok amnesia!

im aware of the UAEs push towards Dubai with the Burj Dubai. world shopping etc.

Sheikh Khalifa has far too much money to waste!!

fatreg
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-14 19:01
Shaikh Khalifa, thats my name. (without the Shaikh part )

Oxygen Inc

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-05-14 20:48 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-17 23:59
Bahrain launches region’s first e-government solution centre

The Bahrain e-government solution centre will be linked to a network of IBM e-government centres worldwide. The centre will have access to the latest technologies and skills and be able to provide countries in the Middle East with the expertise to deliver real value to citizens as they start to roll out e-Government Services. The centre will be staffed by professionals from CIO and GBM who have benefited from extensive training at the IBM e-government centres in the United States and Germany. In addition, the centre will host customer and business partner events, round table discussions, and solution demonstrations.

http://www.menareport.com/en/business/183417

amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-18 00:02
Nokia doing some nice promotion

For the first time in the Middle East and North Africa, Nokia will hold two live pop music performances held in separate locations using the power of 3G mobile technology. This innovative event celebrates the introduction of the Nokia 6680, 1.3 megapixel, imaging smartphone into the region, the latest addition to Nokia’s powerful 3G phone portfolio. All residents and visitors to the UAE are invited to attend the concerts taking place at Virgin Megastore in Deira City Centre, where Lebanese pop sensation Myriam sang and at the Virgin Megastore at the Mercato mall, where Arabic composer and singer Marwan Khoury performed. Entrance is free and performances begin at 5pm.

Source

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 414243  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic