Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Billionton Bluetooth products ( was: bluetooth products that support the headset profile (HSP))

123  Next
Author Billionton Bluetooth products ( was: bluetooth products that support the headset profile (HSP))
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-01 11:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have noticed that many are looking for the feature mentioned in the subject. I found this company that sells both USB and CF card form factors. The link as follows: http://www.billionton.com.tw/english/product/bluetooth.htm

The USB one sells for USD59.

Aaargh! i just bought MSI USB weeks ago and already have Anycom CF.

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-08-07 06:44 ]
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-01 11:32
I dind't find any info concerning the selling of these products.... Where can I buy them fo the small price you told?
Thank you in advance
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-08-01 11:39
a bluetooth compact flash card?!?! never heard of thing like that before... for what is it used?
and for the bluetooth usb adapter is it good? does it support all the profiles of MSI?
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-08-01 11:44
neither did I!! where is that "order" button they're talking about?!
bhargava
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-08-01 12:11
@cadcad

A Bluetooth CF-card is actually quite normal

You can for instance plug it in a Casio Cassiopeia, Compaq IPAQ or other handheld devices, and then you have a sender/receiver on your PDA!

It's the same as a CF WLAN card or a CF memory card. You just plug the card in the CF-port..

[ This Message was edited by: bhargava on 2002-08-01 11:12 ]
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-01 14:13
@pinolo, it's sold here http://www.zxpro.com/Modems/usbbluetooth.htm and they claim to ship internationally from hong kong

@cadcad, my anycom bluetooth card is cf. there are three common formats for bluetooth devices: compact flash (cf), pc card (pcmcia) and usb. bhargava is absolutely right.
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-08-01 15:19
I just ordered one ... it cost me 72$
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-04 06:19
Just bought a Billionton Bluetooth USB plug... it's VERY small... beats 3Com's USB size-wise by a LOT... the whole thing is a little shorter than 2". Very easy to carry around with your laptop. If only PDAs came with a USB port, this thing would be perfect! hahaha...wishful thinking.

Short review... so far this thing performs well... constant search is on every minute. It places an icon on your desktop for all Bluetooth devices...Kind of like a Network Neighborhood for Bluetooth devices. Everything you pair with the device is listed here so no need for re-pairing.

It works well with my T68 & R310s w/ DBA-10. With the DBA-10, you don't need to pair it everytime you switch phones... the pairing is between the DBA-10 and the other device, not the phone it is connected to.

With regards to the HSP in the Billionton specs... it states (HSP READY), which means it currently doesn't support the headset profile... but it can. I emailed them already on any news regarding future driver updates for the HSP.

It really would be nice if I could use my BT headset for Windows audio.. mic/mono speaker... useful for vid-con, dictation, and voice commands.
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-04 06:27
@jplacon, congrats on your new accessory. Casio E-200 has USB support (you need drivers though, but then again Billionton said Pocket PC and even Windows CE). Care to share how much and where you got one?
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 06:33
jlacson... how much did u get and where? thanks.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-04 06:51
Someone from BNC posted that s/he got a billionton locally for P3,500
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 08:11
mircostation robinson's galleria... P3,500 ....
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-04 08:51
P3500 in Officenter in Parksquare 1... in front of JB Music. Seems to be priced the same throughout the city... so just go to the place most convenient.

I'm pretty happy with it... simple straightforward. Although it does get a bit confused when you have more than one BT modem within range and you're trying to do dial-up. I don't know if it's just the SW it came with, the plug itself, or just inherent to BT in general.

It does automatically install BT drivers for just about everything, BT LAN, Device Sync, BT Printer, File Exchange, BT Dial-up networking, BT Serial Ports (Adds Virtual Com ports 4-16 I think), and BT Fax.

I like the interface, and the cute BT logo on the taskbar. It doesn't light up though...but I wasn't really keen on another useless power draining thing on my laptop.

Range is ok... If MSI's range is really 100 ft line-of-sight... then that IS the best I've seen so far...even 3Com's is only 30ft max... the Billionton is about 20 ft line-of-sight to your PC, and about 10 ft if there's a concrete wall between the two.

The SW also has a signal strength indicator, it shows how strong the signal is to any Bluetooth device... I'm planning to buy an extension cable so that the plug is away from my PC housing when I plug it into my desktop.
MADNESS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-06 08:35
Hi jplacson,

I bought billionton BT two weeks ago. It works fine with PBTM and XTND.

Have you tried to use it with to GPRS of T68 ?

Do you know how to set up the connection ?

Cheers
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-06 10:05
I suggest that you look at the other thread discussion.

Principles are generally the same for setting up connectivity between your phone and PC.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi