Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Please Helpp me! sony P910i will not turn on! i only get black screen

Author Please Helpp me! sony P910i will not turn on! i only get black screen
dkny968
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 05:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HI THERE.. hopefully someone can help out or have seen this happen to their phone and can make some suggestions...

well 2 days ago i dropped my p910i in the sink for like literally 2 seconds.. it worked fine after i dried it out and there was some water behind the screen which dried out today.. and then today i brought it with me to the pool where it did get just a tad bit of water on it.. but not much.. however i took it home

then i started to charge my cell phone.. i looked at it to notice that the screen is competly blank and kept removing the batter and turning it on and off and it will not power up correctly.. i try to turn it on.. feel the little vibration then BLACK SCREEN!!! NO pretty lights or dancing SONY SYMBOL .. thats it.. and now when i try to rechrge it the phone gets REALLY REALLY hot!!!

i am thinking i may have shorted out the battery.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELLP! just started happening today.. gonna test out different batteries from friends..

then call sony 1st thing tomorrow.. thanks again

blayv
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 05:55
The only wise thing is do not try anything more! Take the battery out of the phone, and wait till tomorrow!

This message was posted from a T610

serocks
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 05:55
I think this is hardware problem...... your best chance is to call SE. I hope you are still under warranty
judge
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 07:53
sorry mate, but this your own doing... you should have disassembled as much of it as you could (cover, battery, flip, etc.) and let it dry NATURALLY (withouth blow-dryer or anything else). even better, you should have taken it to a SE service center. It's enough to have a molecule of water left in the wrong place, and your phone is zapped.

My suggestion: stop with the home-made servicing and take it PRONTO to an authorized service center.
hyperken
Samsung Galaxy Note
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 07:53
i think se will not warranty your phone cause u dump it inside water >.<

so u ask them to fix the phone maybe give other reason to cover it up so you can free servicing in SE
blayv
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 20:36
Quote:

On 2005-04-13 07:53:39, hyperken wrote:
i think se will not warranty your phone cause u dump it inside water >.<

so u ask them to fix the phone maybe give other reason to cover it up so you can free servicing in SE

you think they won't see marks from water when they open it?
baseballfanz
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 20:55
There is a water indicator in the P900 as with most phone now a day, they will know if it's been water damage.

Look inside the hole where I circle it RED. It should be white with sharp red line (might look like an "X") if there is water damage, the red line get blurred.

P900/910 Themes

[ This Message was edited by: baseballfanz on 2005-04-13 19:55 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi