Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > SE clock accuracy

Author SE clock accuracy
fjm03
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-31 04:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've noticed that in my area Cingular's billing clock is a few minutes behind "actual" time. This makes it easier for the customer to mistakenly begin their call just prior to the "night and weekend" time period (8pm/9pm) and since Cingular bills the entire length of the call during the billing time period when the call was initiated Cingular can collect "peak" time billing during "off peak" time periods.

This leads to my question for this forum. I've noticed that the onboard clock on my T28 runs just a shade faster than "actual" time. This makes the time displayed on the handset to be just a few minutes ahead of the "actual" time after a few weeks. This leads me to mistakenly believe that I can begin using my "night and weekend " minutes before the time for such services.

Has anyone else noticed that the internal clocks in SE handsets also run just a little "fast"? If this phenomena is widespread it would be of benefit to the service provider who sold the phone.

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-31 04:13
my T68 clock is accurate i should say because it never misses a beat with my PC clock.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-31 04:37
well, my R520 and T68 are pretty accurate. They probably are off by 2-3 min every 2-3 weeks... then I just re-sync them with my PC clock. Don't expect quartz accuracy on ANY computerized device. They usually are accurate, but not quartz accurate.
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 09:52
My clock is pretty accurate. I used the US Naval website to set my clock, 6 weeks ago so it's PRETTY accurate. I just checked it again and it's still exact.

I to had this same problem with Cingular attempting to change my clock setting 2 minutes behind and I think its Cingulars way of trying to rip off customers by using inaccurate clocks.
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-08-05 19:13
my 2 T68's are consistently as accurate as each other...when the clock savers on they both change in sequence...rather sad really.

This post was posted from a T68i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi