Esato

Forum > Market > Accessories for sale > Items for sale in the "Accessories for sale " forum

Author Items for sale in the "Accessories for sale " forum
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-25 03:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
re maintaining the market forums and complaining about working as a mod?
no, i am not. it is only a statement of a fact.

i only do this with any spare time that i may have. and except for laffen, that probably holds true for the rest of the mods.

@milksp
by "special" i mean taking time and effort to maintain the thread like masseur did with his FAQ before or the other Krubach's S700i latest software, or arnoldc's old Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series or bobafett's ///Ericsson Forum–datas,infos&support(incl. galleries and links of fones,protos and acc.), etc etc.

what's common with all of them is that a) the thread starters was never asked nor forced to maintain those threads. they volunteered; b) it is meant to benefit esato users in one way, or another; c) and the success of the thread was the result of feedbak and interactions from other users.

i didn't mean that i (nor othe esato users) don't appreciate your efforts nor am i saying that it had no effect on the market forums. what i'm saying is that you saw something that youthought would be useful to others and created the thread, and made the effort to keep it up.

that is appreciated. those efforts are appreciated. not only by those who directly benefit from it, but the whole esato community as well.
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 08:26
Either I am going blind or someone felt its there right to DELETE the post I wrote earlier? Whats with that, I am guessing freedom of speech is out the window then.
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 11:10
They also deleted my post following it mate. We both posted addresses for other forums. U put minted & I put SE-NSE, I didn't know those sites were banned here too!

@ GOwin
thanks for those last comments
The Trusted Sellers thread is important to the market now & maintanance is important as it must be up to date or it may affect peoples sale, at least if Boba's \\\ thread doesn't get updated no-one loses out.
Anyway enough about that......

1) Why were those 2 posts removed? Seems like fear of competition
2) Is there any actual reason for this sale restriction other than 'its not in the essence of Esato'?
If we can see clear logic it'll be easier for people to understand this restriction.

Using the Esato Market?
Check sellers feedback and leave feedback of your own (seller or buyer):
The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2005-03-25 10:17 ]
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 12:34
why?

i dont understand y we cant just have another topic for non-mobile related things??????

laffen please explain?

i no u DONT have to explain but i think it might make others understand y ur doin what ur doin,
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 13:10
And please explain how selling non-mobile items is any different to talking about non-mobile items?

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
Mike.P®
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 13:47
Quote:

On 2005-03-24 15:07:00, GOwin wrote:
re charging users if transaction goes wrong.

the charge is not for making a sale, but for providing the facility to advertise your wares to a market that esato has cultivated.

as far as i know, no media channel undertake such an insurance.

And no Media channel that I am a member of charges to sell an item on their board.
Start charging and this part of Esato will whither & die.

If a seperate forum is not going to be allowed for selling non cell phone items then I see no problem with a link to others that do allow it.

Finally, Laffen started this thread over 2 days ago .. it would be nice if he actually came in here to clarify once and for all what will be happening.

PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-25 13:55
We are all waiting for you Laffen, where are you?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-25 16:02
In case there are still any doubt about what laffen's decision (and therefore official esato policy) on this matter is, let me quote his post again.

Quote:

On 2005-03-23 13:28:15, laffen wrote:
We want to restrict the type of items for sale in this forum. Please do not advertise for items not related to mobile phones. Cars, bikes, PC's, games, game consoles and cameras for sale should be advertised on Ebay, and not Esato. Bluetooth dongle, battery, headset, charger, memory can be sold here.

thanks

Mike.P®
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 16:08
As you said, your statements are yours alone, I want to know about the charging idea and the deleting of other members posts because they linked to another board (only reason I can think of)

Lets hear it from the Organ grinder.

[ This Message was edited by: Mike.P® on 2005-03-25 15:11 ]
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 16:20
If we're going to start just repeating posts instead on answering questions then we can just repeat the questions!

1) Why were those 2 posts removed? Seems like fear of competition

2) Is there any actual reason for this sale restriction other than 'its not in the essence of Esato'?
If we can see clear logic it'll be easier for people to understand this restriction.

3) Please explain how selling non-mobile items is any different to talking about non-mobile items?

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-25 16:33
Ahh .. so now we're into name calling.

Those two posts were deleted for being irrelevant to this discussion.

Links to those sites have been posted before in the announcement forums, and those should be enough.

Quote:

On 2005-03-25 16:08:40, Mike.P® wrote:

Lets hear it from the Organ grinder.

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 16:47
Actually the posts WERE relevant, maybe just the web addresses were not so u could have just removed those. I know at least my post also contained a comment that "if it wasn't thanks to this market AND themarques then I wouldn't have a PSP now but under new rules we wouldn't have been allowed to make that deal"

Any answer for Qus 2) & 3)?

PS- how was anyone name calling?

Using the Esato Market?
Check sellers feedback and leave feedback of your own (seller or buyer):
The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2005-03-25 15:52 ]
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 17:00
I think this is a real insult, and a slap in the face for the people that make this place what it is..We have been around for many years and supported this website and made it what it is today. Correct me if I am wrong but @Laffen does this as his full time job so that must mean he is making some sort of profit from our knowledge and addiction.

So please tell me what harm is there if we sell non-mobile items ? You and I both know there is no harm and saying those threads that were deleted are of no relevance is utter ****shit. You saying we cant sell things here and we saying ok cool we will move over to somewhere else and sell it there.

So until @Laffen answers and says what he wants to then keep selling your stuff guys and make the most of the Trsusted Sellers List that @MikLSP put his time and wap allowance into.

Put it this way if we cant sell out items then we cant make a few extra change which means we cant live the lavish life of 24/7 broadband or gprs, which in turn means you have no ESATO.
Mike.P®
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 17:13
Organ Grinder isn't name calling, it's an Engilsh expression meaning the boss but you probably wouldn't know that coming from K-Pax

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-25 17:29
Right. 'Coz in K-pax, we try to keep it simple and comprehensible.

Not everyone we talk to are from K-pax.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic