Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Brand new K700 & SEUS! Some problems arose..sic!

Author Brand new K700 & SEUS! Some problems arose..sic!
Macco
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-10 16:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Guys,

I'd like to share my feelings about my recent bought of a K700 + HBH 600 bundle (unbranded of course). I've not told you before 'coz of a full week of work..

First of all I'd like to thank all esato members that I've read duing the past months because they could give me the right strong points of the cell. and give me the opportunity to make such a decision (buying that!), me coming from an old Nokia...

It's a whole different planet!

At first, I've found an R2AA fw but, with a borrowed DSS-20, yesterday I was capable of having R2AE with ease! No language problem, no reset, etc.! All that through a 56K connection!

I've started discovering all the best strong points of this cell.
Just had some problems with voice dialling and the :bt: h'set, but, again, browsing through esato allowed me to find the right procedure.
Now it sucks! B-)

Thanks again, esato!

Now going to look for the sms: to on-line button shortcut.. O:-)

Bye,
Macco

[ This Message was edited by: Macco on 2005-03-14 10:48 ]
Macco
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-14 11:46
[SAD UPDATE]
Damn!
the SEUS didn't go quite well, really.
All goes fine apart when I try to browse the Pictures folder: there 3 images are heavilty corrupted and, that's the worse, the thumbnail creation of those hangs the Phone! >:(

All frozen! Only the battery removal can switch off the Phone! (Despite not the problem)

No solution either with a Master Reset either :bt: copying/removing/overwriting.. : pictures are read-only & undeletable. The Master Reset cleans all the pictures names from _(1) but they are still corrupted.

Today I'm bringing the Cell to the shop again, in order to have it flashed properly.

Keep you updated..!
Macco
dj_wolfinstein
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-14 14:32
Hang in there friend..May the Cell-Force be with you...

regards
2 pegs of whisky-Rs500,4 shots of Tequila-Rs1000,6 cans of Beer-Rs300,Driving home a Girl who has drank all this-PRICELESS
Macco
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-15 09:48
Friends,
yesterday I left the Cell to a mobile assistance center.

It's not a SE service center: they told me that in Italy SE does not open to the public; you have to pass through such a intermediate place, at least.

It means: the delay to have it reflashed can be as long as 20 days! And please note that both SE and I are in the same city (Rome)...

Damn! If SEUS disrupts your cell fw and Service Centers delays so much, I believe it'll be my last fw upgrade!

Keep you updated...
Macco
Macco
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-31 09:56
Today update.

Gone to get back my K700 from the assistance center.
Then, what the hell... the same identical problem still persists!!! The freezing while browsing the Image folder is still here!
Damn!!
The tech. paper stated:"Updated firmware & tested"

I left the mobile there again, then I phoned the central support number and said that nothing was done by their assistance lab for such a problem.

They asked me to send a detailed fax to them in order to apply some pressure against the lab.

Let's see how and when I'll be able, finally, to have a properly repaired K700i (bought 1 month ago..)

Bye,
Macco
Macco
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-04-13 09:56
Final update:

At last I got back my K700. It was totally reflashed.
The operation brought back even all the Games / Themes that I got blanked when I was trying (vainly) to succeed with the Master Reset.

One month after the actual buying, I finally can declare me an "official ESATO member with a real excellent phone"!
(but.. beware of the SEUS! Gosh!)

That's all folks!

Bye,
Macco
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi