Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson S700 Online updates finally available

Author Sony Ericsson S700 Online updates finally available
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-13 03:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Setool is no longer aimed at "one time users" So The credit system is cancelled - you can no longer buy logs/credits not even unlimited account. Instead it can only be used through a saras box hence aimed at the professional mobile technician. Ok sorry guys, i digress - back to topic.

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
macgirl
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-13 03:30
It's a shame since SETOOL is a better prog by far.
Ciao,
Alejandra.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-05-13 10:14
Quote:

On 2005-05-12 17:53:10, jgrob1 wrote:
Hi guys, right, i think i have alot of your answers. There is another thread which details latest software updates for the S700i and also covers most of your queries.

To use SEUS you need to have an unbranded phone. The way SEUS checks this is by looking at the phones CDA number. I was branded to O2 but used SETOOL to change my CDA, now SEUS works fine - im currently on R3M008 with a CDA of 102300/20 R2A.

As far as the S700i goes, I'm pretty sure you DO need a DSS-20 or DSS-25 stand to use SEUS. However, you have to use a T68 / SEFighter equivalent cable to utilise SETool - if you need to change your CDA number. I have heard that it is possible to get alternate driver to enable your DSS stand to function as such, but I cannot confirm this.

In answer to camera shutter sound. As far as my experience went, all that was required to enable silent shutter was a settings reset rather than a full reset under the master reset menu, thereby retaining all data etc. I had put on the phone in between the flash upgrade and the reset.

Simply. Once paying for one flash credit to use SETool and buying a DSS-20 or DSS-25 you can have all the free upgrades from SEUS as they are released.

Hope to help

JG

You said, "To use SEUS you need to have an unbranded phone."

I dont understand. Mine was upgraded to R3K...from an O2 branded. My video recording length was improved and I gained 'My Friends' and 'Play Now'.

When did R3M arrive and what does it change? Any noticeable changes?
Pwallwin
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-13 12:43
Hold up...This post is gettin pretty complicated for my liking!! You guys are talkin about some wierd stuff!! I had a Siemens SX1 before my S700i. I loved it but I wanted a change. What does everyone think about that? The SX1 I mean? Which you like better??
Paul
Pwallwin
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-18 15:00
That's what I thought u'd all say...
mb-new
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-24 18:38
One theoretical question regarding davinci+dss-25+seus:
After I change some dlls for DSS-25 drivers in order to make davinci program work with this stand, will I still be able to use "patched" DSS with original SEUS?
BR, Mikhan aka mb
M600 + HBH-DS970
bruceyboy77
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-01 14:37
Hello good peeps....!
Just joined this forum. Lot sof nice info....!

I have just been issued an upgrade from my Vodafone contract to a S700i. As most of you are aware they have nicely diabled the use of mp3's as ringtones. they want you to pay £3
for them......! I have a RS232 data cable and urgently require to upgrade my software to allow the full functions of my S700i to be used. Can anyone help. Also what is R3K???

Cheers Peeps!

Much Obliged
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi