Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > need help with my wap settings ( fido canada )

Author need help with my wap settings ( fido canada )
drunkenMunky
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-16 18:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi..i ned help setting up my wap config. im using fido canada..and they cant give me any info that i need to set it up cos they say im not using a fido phone. im using a t68 by the way
thanks
T.L.
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 18:12
Hey Drunken Munkey I was in the same situation but basically paid my way out of it and got someone to get wap working for me. Thinking back it was stupid cuz now I don't really use the thing...oh well...

What you need to do though is get Fido's IP and password for their wap gateway. Unfortunately the only way it seem's to do this is if you know someone on the inside. I'm with AT&T and got wap working on my silver T68 I know how to do it again but I don't know the password that guy entered into my phone. Without it wap won't work on AT&T don't know if it's the same for Fido but I'm guessing so.
vincentcloud
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 18:28
u guys go and check it out at www.sonyericsson.com then select your country and wap confrig,they will send a sms to your phone and then press "YES" to install
Nattulv
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 22:56
I have a ericsson T 39MC and i called fido to activated the wap and gprs and they are happy to do so. The ip address for wap is 205.151.11.11 and the apn addy for fido is internet.fido.ca
and if you want to use wap over gprs then you have to change the apn addy to wap.fido.ca
the password and user name are both fido.

I have a question. I am having problem to send email with the phone. I can dl the email from my isp to my cell but i can't send it. i use pop from my isp and the smtp i tired using gprs.fido.ca but no luck then i change to my isp smtp ...no luck.
any one tried it on fido network?

cheer.

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-22 23:03
In the SMTP-server, ..try to put the smtp ip-number (instead of smtp-name) of your phone/gprs-operator.

This works for me

Jan
rdlc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 23:05
Quote:

On 2002-02-22 18:12, T.L. wrote:
Hey Drunken Munkey I was in the same situation but basically paid my way out of it and got someone to get wap working for me. Thinking back it was stupid cuz now I don't really use the thing...oh well...

What you need to do though is get Fido's IP and password for their wap gateway. Unfortunately the only way it seem's to do this is if you know someone on the inside. I'm with AT&T and got wap working on my silver T68 I know how to do it again but I don't know the password that guy entered into my phone. Without it wap won't work on AT&T don't know if it's the same for Fido but I'm guessing so.

Why would they stop you from using wap if there network is compatible as they make money out of you using it
T.L.
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 23:51
I couldn't get AT&T wap service to work on my phone by myself because AT&T was clueless towards what I was talking about, after numerous attempts I just got fed up. According to them they didn't not want to provide customer service for phones that they did not promote on their service. Now the T39 instance mentioned above was exceptable because Fido carries the T28 which operates alot like the T39, because the network provider uses GSM ericsson phones they are able to run you through how to set up wap.

One last note: Very sad but true in SonyEricssons Wap configurator site Canada and the United States aren't even listed under the available countries...very sad...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi