Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia 3610 makes silent Asian arrival. Made for the Chinese market.

Author Nokia 3610 makes silent Asian arrival. Made for the Chinese market.
ewap8
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-07 18:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
While the rest of the world was looking elsewhere, Nokia recently grabbed the opportunity to introduce the Nokia 3610 with design hints from the 6610 to the Asia Pasific market.

In what has become Nokia's rather usual modus operandi, the company took advantage of last week's hustle and bustle surrounding TECHXNY aka PC EXPO in New York to sneak in another product onto the Asian arena; the Nokia 3610, a dual-band GSM 900/1800 MHz phone aimed at the Asia Pacific market with what seems to be design hints from the Nokia 6610.

The Nokia 3610 has a rough look that's certain to appeal the most to a younger audience

The Nokia 3610 is another product developed at Nokia's Product Creation Centre in Beijing for primarily consumers in the China market, and is likely not to appear in any other markets given the strong focus on Asian localisation of the handset. Launched on the opening day of the ELE/Expo Comm Shanghai 2002 event, the Nokia 3610 will be commercially available in Asia Pacific markets during the third quarter of 2002.

What Nokia expects will be a key attraction for Asian consumers, particularly the Chinese speaking markets, is the Nokia 3610's enhanced Chinese features, including the Lunar calendar which features Chinese festival days, improved Chinese phonebook sorting and PinYin predictive input. The Nokia 3610 is also the first mobile phone in the world to have Hindi input, catering to mobile phone users in India that want to be able to input text more easily in their native tongue. Other enhanced local language support include Thai, Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia input.

Nokia also introduced a new style and design to the Xpress-on colour covers for the Nokia 3610, which with the use of light translucent materials and vibrant colours give the Nokia 3610 a youthful outlook. Other features include a new three-dimensional animated screen saver, WAP Push support, a picture editor which allows users to create and personalise picture messages for all occasions, personalised SMS alerts, SMS chat, rhythmic backlight alert, 6 games with rhythmic vibration, downloadable (OTA) graphics, icons, ringing tones, screen savers and picture messaging.

Nokia lists the standby time and talk time of the 3610 as 60 to 170 hrs and 2 hrs 20 mins to 3 hrs 50 mins using a standard lithium-ion battery, respectively.
I'm member #100 on this website. I think!
ewap8
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-07 18:49
I think it sucks!

What do u think?
I'm member #100 on this website. I think!
dondori
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-07 18:54
it looks cheap
spanker
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-08 03:48
it looks good! stop saying it is crap just cos u guys live on the other side of the world and can't get ur hands on it....... it is the top of the rang phone in 3 series........ -_-
Ninjaturtle
R520
PM
Posted: 2002-07-08 03:58
Looks like Ehh... a standard run of the mill Nokia, IE 8210, 8260, 8250, 8810, 8850, 8910.

Same same...
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-07-08 10:21
Looks good to me. Yes, it still has a Nokia style, yet its look is innovative. But it's understandable some don't like it. It's meant for Asian market where design has other flavours than e.g. in Europe.

Though you guys can't blame a manufacturer to make phone in its own style?!?!
All Ferraris look like Ferraris? You wouldn't blame them for that right
g17
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-08 10:41
Its just right for Nokia to introduce more of this type of phones - for the low end market where they still rule. They dont have much chance in the high tech type anyway. Although Ericsson and others are catching up in the low-end market as well.

This post was posted from a T68i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi