Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Z1010 unable use 1 network

Author Z1010 unable use 1 network
vantage79
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 19:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HI guys,I am from India.I recently bought a Z1010 from 3 Aus Network which was unlocked as the seller described.He was partially right as i can use the handset on Airtel Mumabi and BPL mumbai (Indian Service providers).However i cant use the phone on Orange Mumbai.The handset does accept the sim card and also connects to the orange portal but it fails to make/receive calls and messages.I have shown the handset to the people who unlock phones in India and they said that the handset is correclty unlocked.the software they used is Nemesis.Orange Mumbai is 900 band and the handset works on other 900 brands as well.What i feel is that the handset is locked by 3 for use on their sister networks(3 and orange mumbai are a part of the hutchison whampoa group Hong Kong).I am gonna be in London for the next one month.Would upgrading the handset to a latest formware be of help.If so,can anyone guide me as to where this could be done.It would really be appreciated.I love the phone and really do not want to give it away.Its one of the best phones i have ever used......Regards
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-07 19:43
You might want to ask peeps in this thread.
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=27999
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 19:48
Simple solution. Dont use hutch. Use airtel, they are better and cheaper. You might want to check the SE India thread.

This message was posted from a K500

R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 20:17
yeah it's unlock but the contents are locked to 3.... u need to debrand/decustomized it...

[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi