Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > pay at the SP for an upgrade?

Author pay at the SP for an upgrade?
AsmodaiT68
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-26 19:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello there...
A couple of weeks ago i went to the local SP to upgrade my T68 to the MMS-version. everything went fine, and it didn't cost me anything.

Then i went on vacation 2 weeks, and when i came back my buddy also wanted to upgrade his phone. So i followed him to the SP, but now they charge 260SEK(like 26-27USD) for the upgrade service.
They said they got orders from SonyEricsson and that all SP's now charge this amount, is this true, or are your SP's still doing the upgrade for free?

They also said that all other upgrades where for free, and that it just was this T68 upgrade that costs money...

thx in advance!

//Rob [addsig]
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-06-26 19:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
that's bullsh*t... the upgrade is free of charge... the servicepoints gets a small amount of money from for the upgrade... so they have no reason for taking charge for the upgrade. OK, the money they get from are quite low (even lower than for an ordinary warranty service), but it's still no reason for them to charge the customer for it.

If you don't have the possibility to go to another servicepoint I suggest you call helpdesk on 013-24 45 00

[ This Message was edited by: Cytech on 2002-06-26 19:03 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi