Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > can i leave bluetooth always on?

Author can i leave bluetooth always on?
mdkia
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 09:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I mean, I know it'd drain the battery quicklier ...but it's good for health?
m a r c o | i
[P900 - G5 Panther]
webwatcher
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 09:56
Go ahead, it's ok!

but tell us if you feel ill....

no serious it's ok!
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 10:00

Bluetooth uses the same frequency as for example microwave owens (the ISM frequency around 2.5GHz), so long exposing isn't good... bluetooth does use an effect which is said not to be harmful if you are exposed to it under short periods...

why have it on all the time? seems quite useless to have it on draining battery when you are not using it.
mdkia
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 10:09
because I use my mobile mainly with my notebook (or pocketpc) to connect with gprs to the net, and I think that's nice to have a bt enabled phone because you don't need each time to: ...take the phone ...unlock the keyboard ...go in the IR (for example) menu ....activate the ir ...and so on ...

...but if you have to do the same with BT ...so it's not so nice ...I thought you can leave it always on and even don't think about where the mobile is ...in you 24h or somewhere esle...
m a r c o | i
[P900 - G5 Panther]
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 10:12
Quote:

On 2002-06-25 10:09, mdkia wrote:
because I use my mobile mainly with my notebook (or pocketpc) to connect with gprs to the net, and I think that's nice to have a bt enabled phone because you don't need each time to: ...take the phone ...unlock the keyboard ...go in the IR (for example) menu ....activate the ir ...and so on ...

...but if you have to do the same with BT ...so it's not so nice ...I thought you can leave it always on and even don't think about where the mobile is ...in you 24h or somewhere esle...

you can always try to leave it on.... but if you get strange headaches or something you might have to turn it off.... it shouldn't be harmful... but since this with bluetooth is quite new no one knows for certain how the body reacts in the long run...
Cardo
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-25 12:06
I've had a WiFi network, which uses the same bandwidth as Bluetooth, for years now, and that's always on, and my health is fine.
You can leave your phone with bluetooth on all the time. If bluetooth is on, but in standby mode, it won't be transmitting anything, or very little anyway. It's only when it's being actively used (using headset during a call, for example) that radio signals eminate from the phone (and the headset), and I doubt you're on the phone that long
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi