Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T65 Battery Life

Author T65 Battery Life
john.marks
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 09:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi

I have now had my T65 for about a month. I have fully discharged and charged it a good 6 or 7 times plus other random charges before leaving for long weekends. The maximum Stand-by time I have got out of it so far is 179 hours, a far cry from the stated 300 hours from SE. I am in the UK on O2 ( old BTCellnet). I have read that different bands give different standby times (900/1800). Does anyone know if this is correct? If so does this mean I will never get the stated 300 hours from my phone.

It is a little disappointing as this is one of the main reasons I bought the phone, it seemed an excellent amount of time to go between charges.

I also have some odd experiences with the monthly view on my Calendar, sometimes it displays days with appointments in Bold (good feature) but at the moment, I apparently have no appointments in my calendar ie there are no bold days (a bug perhaps?) I am on software R4A007.

Would appreciate any thoughts and comments on these points.

Thanks.

John
Lux
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 10:05
Did you master reset the phone after the software update? That helped me whit that kind of bugs (calendar and strange characters ...)
About the battery life, it really depends on the net and if you use GPRS (always on or just GSM). The 300 hours refers to the best possible environment condition ... probably on mars ... it is actually not possible to get that stand-by time. My T65 battery lasts about 250 hrs (only GSM) and it is quite satisfying for my use. (However I used to charge my old 5110 just each 10 days ... I wonder IŽd been lucky with that one)
john.marks
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-25 10:40
Yep I did the Master reset after the s/w upgrade. I do not use GPRS at present and my phone reads GPRS not allowed.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi