Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Previous  123 456 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 11:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
On the couch with me today is one of Esato's younger members, yet it feels as if he has been around for a lot longer. He has attracted fans and critics alike with his irreverent style; he helps to run two of Esato's most popular threads and is one half of arguably Esato's most famous duo. He is of course methylated_spirit.

What do you like best about Esato?

methylated_spirit says:
Thank you for having me on your couch, what with you being the interviewer i should have known it would be one of those brown leather jobs! What do i like best about Esato? Theres a hundred answers i could give, but i have to say, my favourite thing is knowing i can log on, and learn something new, or find something to make me smile.

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

methylated_spirit says:
mince-inside, naturally. We started at roughly the same time, and quickly developed an esato friendship that benefited not only us, but other members too. There are a lot of faces around esato i take great pleasure in knowing, not least kimcheeboi, and the legend that is jojo. What a guy.

Who is your favourite moderator?

methylated_spirit says:
Well, the only moderator i've ever really spoken to or dealt with is masseur, who does a fantastic job - as do all the mods - he seems to project an aura of calm, and takes the sting out of any bad situations developing. That and he seems to be omnipresent, can only be a good thing for esato.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

methylated_spirit says:
Oh, my. I've been involved in so many. It has to be the banning of switchbitch. Now, dont get me wrong, i liked switchbitch, but he intentionally got up peoples noses, sabotaged threads, and could be a real pain. The best moment surrounding the whole incident was a personal triumph: Just before his threads got locked, i commandeered his pale imitation of an advice thread, with links into my own, seizing his estate, so to speak. Good times.

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

methylated_spirit says:
One time i was eating readybrek and i laughed at one of kimcheebois jokes and a mouthful sprayed all over the keyboard and screen. That, and, now this isnt really a moment, more a general point. A lot of the "old guard" look down on new members. imho they should grow up.

Your advice thread has grown rather large and dare I say it, famous, but what prompted you to create the thread in the first place?

methylated_spirit says:
It was mince-insides idea. The people of esato, nay, the WORLD need guidance, help, counsel, and support. We are just doing our bit. Kimcheeboi, too, is involved. We did not expect the deluge of woes that was thrust upon us, to be honest, so we hired a lackey to help with the more basic, grass-roots problems. He is very, very good. Dont worry though, the tougher quandries are handled by myself, and mince-inside. Our greater life experience and intelligence is need at times. A message for our critics: The length of the thread is a testament to our sound judgement. Stop hating us because we are good at our jobs.

I'm sorry, can i just say something here. I know its not one of your questions, but i would like to talk about the lonely hearts thread, if thats okay. My own pet project, it really has done a lot for esato. It started off as a bit of a giggle, but the very first post was someone in trouble. Esato members joined forces, and helped the person in question. That gave me a lump in the throat. A truly great day for diversity, and Esato. Team Esato.

Along with mince-inside you have become one of Esato's more famous members within a relatively short period of time. How did you and mince get to know one another and form a partnership so quickly?

methylated_spirit says:
It all started when we were conversing in a thread with a few other members. mince and i shared the same view, while the other member had a different take on the situation. I got a pm from mince saying "That switchbitch is a bit of an arse, isnt he". The rest, as they say, is history.

methylated_spirit says:
Which mobile are you currently using?
p900, and an LG U8110

methylated_spirit says:
Which mobile are you most looking forward to?
I wouldnt mind a p910, but what i really want to see is an LG smartphone. They are on the cusp of being the next big thing.

methylated_spirit says:
Do you have a message for Esato?
Explore. Live. be someone.

Please join me next time when I will be speaking with miss uk, Ayush, Residentevil and Sammy_boy.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-20 06:50 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 12:57
Quote:

On 2004-11-07 21:27:40, tranquil wrote:
I NEVER SHOUT AT ANYBODY!!!

Esato Shop

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2004-11-07 21:21 ]

I TOTALLY agree with @tranquil's behaviour here at Esato !

I was quite disappointed with @bobafett's replies with his interview, 'very limited' Very opposite with the manner he makes his replies in VARIOUS threads on an MINUTE-basis !
The interview made with @methylated_spirit is a REAL revelation of his personality, inside and out! A real profound one . . . Great!

@scotsboyuk - Whatever happened with the pending conversation with @kimcheeboi mate? I hope you'll be able te let the following sit in your couch dude:

1. @masseur
2. MixiN
3. @flying_finn
4. @pachy
5. @gelfen
6. @pachy

and the very ELUSIVE - @laffen !
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 13:04
@jn i tried to give short and concret answers. I chat and spam here enough.

This message was posted from a T68i

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 13:07
Im glad you liked it, jojo. I would like to see an interview of Manish.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 13:20
@bobafett - That was quite a 'joke' dude Yup, very 'concrete' very well laid .. . than using an asphalt Nice!

@meth's - welcome!

@scotsboyuk - I hope you'll get @ayush to sit on your Lazy Boy mate, just bombard him with 'Qs' which pertains more with his LOVELIFE, to get the discussion . . . really BORING - kidding . . .
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 13:41
@jojo

kimcheeboi has already been on the couch.

I am awaiting several guests replying, so stay tuned.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 13:53
I must say this is an excellant feature.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 13:56
being a bit mean today are you jojo?
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 14:10
Quote:

On 2004-11-08 13:20:29, JN wrote:
with his LOVELIFE, to get the discussion . . . really BORING - kidding . . .

Ouch!
I think you're not the most qualified guy to makes jokes about lovelife @jojo.

Ayush is a great kid. Doesn't deserve to be a target of laughter... [addsig]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 15:08
Quote:

On 2004-11-08 13:56:22, Vlammetje wrote:
being a bit mean today are you jojo?

Vlammetje - Not only today . . . more to come in the FUTURE !

@krubach - With regards to @ayush'es BORING lovelife . . . we just do have the same predicament here, and have made some short exchange of stories in another thread - that's why . . . When are you going to be interviwed matey?

@scotsboyuk - When are you going to POST @kimcheeboi's . . .
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 15:14
@jojo

I have already told you, I have posted kimcheeboi's interview. It's on page 2 I believe.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 15:15
jojo you need to read the whole thread.
Ing. FijoK
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-08 15:18
@scotsboyuk: take this questions to laffen or masseur
I saw the man who can change my destiny... He stood in the mirror.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 15:19
Good idea to start a "Get To Know You Thread" Scotsboy. I see
Sammy-Boy mentioned me to be interviewed Hmmmm...
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-11-08 15:24
Quote:

On 2004-11-08 15:15:49, Vlammetje wrote:
jojo you need to read the whole thread.

Ooops - sorry here, as I manage to see till page 2 where I left off yesterday, seeig NO of @kimcheeboi's . . . and I guess mine was at page 2 as well -' must've overlooked . Better look again now. Thanks!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic