Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
Asterix
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-13 04:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That's normal, sudden acceleration affects your brain, and a few seconds later the cabin starts to presurize, so you get on a state of hipoxia, that's what makes you sleepy, specially if you're not on good shape, you smoke or if you've had a few drinks in the last 24 hours, so what happens is that your brain doesn't have enough oxigen to work, so it puts some of your body systems on STBY to maximase body oxigen resourses.
T610 Powered
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 04:19
yay i never sleep on planes (been on about 14 plane trips)

I must be a fit teetotaler! [addsig]
Asterix
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-13 04:28
Long flights or just short ones?
T610 Powered
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 04:37
few short ones to sacramento and Las Vegas, long ones to NY, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, Tortola (British Virgin Islands) [addsig]
Jake Blues
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 06:16
time to rename this thread i think... "on the couch with scotsboyuk and in a plane with everyone else"
[addsig]
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 10:39
Quote:

On 2004-11-13 01:34:01, scotsboyuk wrote:

Who is your favourite Esato member?

Staz081227 says:
... absinthbri ...

I always said Staz was a man of impeccable taste!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-13 10:45
@absinthe - are you going to go for an interview on scotsboy's (now rather well-worn!) couch?

Go on, be a devil!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 10:47
Quote:

On 2004-11-13 10:45:48, Sammy_boy wrote:
@absinthe - are you going to go for an interview on scotsboy's (now rather well-worn!) couch?

Go on, be a devil!

I was invited very early on but declined the offer.
[addsig]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 12:19
Shame, that.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 16:25
@staz081277 - What can I say, being mentioned 1st on your list as one of your 'fave' members here at Esato Just look what an advance birthday (card) greeting can really make here ! Yours will come in a couple of weeks after @masseur's mate . . . thanks again!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-13 18:21
One of Esato's more active members joins me on the couch this evening. Along with his countryemn he makes up a very loyal Esato component. It is my pleasure to be chatting with govigov.

What is the best thing about Esato?

govigov says:
the best thing about it is the feel that esato gives to one person. it makes you feel a part of a global community. the way ideas are traded on esato makes it very informative as well at the same time being humorous.

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

govigov says:
the first member i chatted was with shyam335... all the members i the indian thread like whizzkid, vineet and killer all are among my favorites.

Who is your favourite moderator?

govigov says:
the only mod that deleted a couple of my replies is the messaging mod.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

govigov says:
when MixiN gifted me a neckband. in this thread.... http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=69020 you were all over that thread and mixin gave one to you too....

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

govigov says:
when meths, mince, kimchee and jojo disaprooved of my love life.

As part of what can be seen as Esato's 'New Wave', those members who have joined within the last six to twelve months and who have become very active posters, do you feel that it is members like yourself who are the future of Esato?

govigov says:
you must be kidding me, if i were the future of esato, then i did it say the future is pretty gloomy.....

If you could be moderator for a day, what would you do?
govigov says:
playtime 24x7

Which mobile are you currently using?

govigov says:
i have the t230 and the k500i. and a couple of nokia 3310's

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

govigov says:
the next one would most probably be the next p series.

Do you have a message for Esato?

govigov says:
well i had to speed up a lot of my work so as to be at the compu every night. i hope this continues.
psst....well, i sometimes postpone my work to be here...

Please join me next time when my guest will be Esato moderator, GOwin.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-20 07:19 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-13 19:15
Good evening once again my fellow Esatonians. On the couch with me tonight is the second member of Team Esato to sit on the couch. He might not be as visible in the forums as masseur or tranquil, but he is no less interesting or respected; I am of course speaking of GOwin.

What is the best thing about Esato?

GOwin says:
- SE, not being as popular as that brand-who-must-not-be-named, has this underdog image. Esato has turned into a refuge of sorts for those people who feel left-out and has nowhere to go because all the places they've been in only cater to the brand-who-must-not-be-named.

I guess that's the main reason why this community is popular - it encourages members to help each other more - there's no other place as good as esato when it comes to anything about peer to peer support for their "precious".

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

GOwin says:
Laffen. Would an explanation be necessary?

Well, I'm not explaining.

Who is your favourite moderator?

GOwin says:
I like Masseur for his omni-presence - it's easier for the rest of us to goof around because most likely, Masseur has taken care of it.

I really appreciate Masseur's attitude and dedication to Esato. Do note that I am not quantifying the contributions made by the other mods - everyone does what he can for esato - all for love. :-*

What is your favourite Esato moment?

GOwin says:
When I discovered the site. I've been hanging around other sites, but there wasn't anything close to what Esato had to offer then - or now.

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

GOwin says:
Moment*s*
Getting messages from members when their threads were edited/moved/deleted etc, and telling me how I don't have the right to do so.

Getting messages from members demanding for explanation why such and such was allowed, or why things were handled that way.

When I can't log to Esato because the server is down.

Seeing the same question being posted again, and again, and again, and again...

When a perfect discussion go awry because of off-topic remarks - you can see that branch getting a life of its own.

enough of that.

masseur and tranquil seem to be the most visible faces of Team Esato; how do the other moderators feel about this and aren't the other moderators as active as masseur and tranquil?

GOwin says:
I can't speak for the other mods but all I can say is that there is no competition among us. There would be times when I don't have time to visit the forums, and that is still ok. TeamEsato is neither jealous or demanding.

Sometimes, even that nook of ours is in-active as well - which could mean that everything's doing fine.

Can you give us an insight into how the moderators work with regards to taking decisions; how do the discussions progress and how are issues decided upon?

GOwin says:
They way I see it, Laffen uses the laizzes faire model for the moderators - independent decisions are ok and is not discouraged, issues relating to esato are openly disccussed. A moderator's decision is construed to have been taken for the best interest of Esato, and not for any particular person.

What is a typical moderator's day like?

Gowin says:
Pretty much like the same as any other Esato member except that you are expected not only to abide by the rules, but enforce them too.

Except for the added responsibilities, there really isn't not much difference.

Which mobile do you currently use?

GOwin says:
a t630.

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

GOwin says:
i am not excited by the current crop of phones from any manufacturer.

i'm looking forward to phones that would powered by the human body, capable of sychrnonizing with my other devices smoothly, does voice commands for all its functions, and still has the all-important "power" button.

Do you have a message for Esato?

GOwin says:
YOU made a difference to this site. Thanks for helping make Esato the way it is today.

(Note: Lest it be misunderstood, all my answers are my personal opinion and as such, does not reflect the official stand or policies of Laffen and Esato)

Please join me again soon for more banter on the couch.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-08-28 03:40 ]
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2004-11-13 19:24
Do you think you are too much tied as to have no time on the forums?

This message was posted from a K500

Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-13 21:06
Quote:
Getting messages from members demanding for explanation why such and such was allowed, or why things were handled that way.

THAT is a 'least favourite' moment?

Sometimes decisions aren't obvious or easy to understand, what on earth could be wrong in asking for the reason instead of just assuming one?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-14 02:35
It's okay to ask, but when the tone of the message demands for an explanation, that's something else.

Quote:

On 2004-11-13 21:06:25, Vlammetje wrote:
Quote:

THAT is a 'least favourite' moment?

Sometimes decisions aren't obvious or easy to understand, what on earth could be wrong in asking for the reason instead of just assuming one?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic