Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 17:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks, Tsepz, you know how excited I was about the Razr and the practical usage thereof was just not that exciting. Maybe I am getting old but I just couldn't tolerate the touch screen, I will still get a touch only phone as my secondary phone whichI will most likely use for calls and the occasional web browsing.

I doubt RIM will use any quad-core processors on their BB10 phones, more than likely dual-cores. I actually prefer the 9900 design to the Torch's due to the sliding mechanism, I just don't trust sliders in durability. I am, however, warming up to the Torch because of the screen estate. I just may get the Torch instead but we will see.

On the race row, I agree completely with you that it is a good thing that it happened cause we are still living in a racist society and we haven't really dealt with the issue properly.

Yeah, BMW know how to create spectacular cars irrespective of size. I must say the X3 tends to confuse me quite often when coming towards me head-on, I always think it is the X5. I have fallen head over heels in love with the 6 series Grand Coupe, I have always loved the 6 series design except that I didn't like the two door idea. The Grand Coupe is a perfect car and I am looking into acquiring it around next year. Would love the M6 version though, not sure when that will be available.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2012-05-12 18:08 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-17 22:33
Dups

The Torch9810 is pretty nice, my mum has it, very well built, but its not without the BB issues e.g. lots of freezing and reboots, but in terms of form, i like it, very nice in hand, i dont blame you for prefering the 9900 build though, its thin, sleek and solid, and that model itself has an amazing keyboard, one of my mates went from his now falling apart 9700 Bold to the 9900 and we both realy like that keyboard, by far the best BB keyboard since the legendary 9000 Bold.

Lol,Yep, thats very true the X3 looks like an X5 head on, i noticed the same, the one Beamer i love in terms of how it looks at the front is the baby 4x4 the X1 with the M sport package, its very striking at the front, and then the back makes me just want to lol.
The new 6series is an absolute masterpiece, and it seems to be flying out the dealerships, ive seen quite a lot of them, the Grand Coupe is going to kill off the Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide lol, i saw a few pics of it and yep, looks gorgeous, it looks more elegant than its competitors.
You lucky so-and-so i'll be waiting for the pics of your 6series Grand Coupe, will you be keeping the X5?

You know what car im in love with even though its not a Beamer? The new Merc CLS 63 AMG, it looks so mean from the front, not as elegant and poised as a 6series GC, but it has this presence about it, that same sort of "drug dealer's car" presence Range Rovers and the 300C Hemi have the new SL also looks great, similar design but with a touch of elegance to it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-18 10:36
I guess I will have to try both the Bold and the Torch when their BB10 versions arrive to see which suits me better. I know about the freezing, my 9700 did that to me a number of times, that is another reason (other than the touch interface) that made me prefer my P1i.

I haven't yet decided whether I am keeping my X5 or not, I hate the idea of having one car. I have actually come up with 2 cars for my next purchase, ie, the Range Rover and the 6 GC.

My problem is I already have an SAV/SUV in the X5 but love the Range Rover more and would love to have it and the 6 series GC. This brings me nicely to my X5 problem, I don't feel it anymore but it is a useful car. I thought of getting the Range Rover and then selling the X5 then later get the 6 GC.

I haven't quite decided on the course of action but I love the second option better because I can finance it without many compromises.

The only Benz I love has always been the S class but the CLS does have some presence I agree. The design language of Mercedes has changed and become really, really good. I once found myself staring at the new CLK in Pretoria and telling my brother that if I didn't know much about cars I would buy that Merc without hesitation, it was just so beautiful. I also love the CL, my problem is a four door saloon with two doors.

Man, being a car junkie! I just wish I could buy the X6 M, M6 GC, Mercedes S600, Range Rover and the Porsche GT3 RS or maybe the Spyder.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-18 20:28
its one expensive passion.

If i were to become a millionaire tomorrow i'd have a Range Rover, new M5 and Porsche GT2 Sport Classic.
I'd say Range Rovers are the most majestic machines i've ever seen, we got a ride in a RR Sport Supercharged in december and i fell in love with it.

You're in one sweet predicament there Dups, one i'd love to be in one day you simply cant go wrong with any of those cars, in terms of whatever you pick are you not worried about which one guzzels the most petrol with the price forever going up?
These new beamers are unbelievably frugal, one of my mates took us down to Durban around two weeks ago in his new Bmw 523i, its a beaut, has the M sport bodykit and all, one tank got us from Jhb to Margate in comparison we have usualy gone down there in a Jaguar X type v6 and once in the Camaro, both those needed refilling in Harrismith , not that they were empty but they wouldnt have made it without filling up somewhere between, the beamer's full tank was still closer to full than half when we left Harrismith. BMW seem to be on a mission to build a perfect balance between fuel economy and performance, that 6 GC will probably run rings around a Range Rover in that aspect.

New CLK as in the new E class 2-door? They look incredible, do you think got a new designer? Now that you mentioned the CLK ive realised their whole new range looks amazing, even the new SLK and the 2013 A-class is quite a stunner and looks to be after the BMW 1series now with its lower design, it looks nothing like the past A-class models.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-21 14:58
To be honest, I do worry a lot about the petrol hikes. I didn't worry much until the last couple of increases, driving the X5 has become pricey even if it is diesel.

If this e-toll thing goes ahead then I'll be in a bit of a jam driving a Range Rover- I am leaning towards buying it after selling the X5. The 6 GC can be added later.

Aahh, the Jaguar! My brother's favourite car, he loves that brand that he is considering it.

Speaking of BMW engines, I read about them perfecting them with regard to fuel economy about two years ago. Seems they have finally reached that goal judging by your experience with the 5.

I suppose the i-series is the culmination of that strategy. I must say I do like the i8 spyder, it is refreshing coming from BMW.

I made a mistake on the Merc I was referring to, it actually is the SLK instead of the CLK.

I do think Mercedes has a new head designer, they are just up-to-date in design, no longer boring and dull. Audi should take a leaf out of Benz's new way of designing, I am tired of the Audis looking alike.
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-06-02 10:50

On 2012-03-12 03:17:49, *Jojo* wrote:
@ama - ahahahaha . . you are right ! some peeps call it - Fisher Price. I have a friend here in MNL who owns a Ducati (he's the guy who had the R1 which I posted here in 2007, upgraded his bike to a Ducati now) . . he wears a Casio Illuminator while - riding his bike.

My friend's: Ducati 848

Wow fantastic bike...have you seen it in white?Simply is the best looking bike ever made IMO!
I was never a Ducati fan always thought of them as over priced but that white 848 won me over instantly!

So how you guys doing?I haven't been around here in a while,whats new?My phone changing addiction is gone extreme have changed three phones in the last month alone!Need to go see a shrink about this according to my wife!

From Note to Xperia s to htc one x and now with a lumia 800.Screen quality on all of them are superb with each one having its own distinct flavor.For example the Xperia s brightness and higher than retina display make it wow while the notes deep blacks and huge size make it awesome,the lumia simply has awesome blacks with very crisp text display despite the relatively lower res in this company and the one x is just wow when it comes to videos etc....

Played with a dummy GS3 white at a vodashop yesterday and damn if the real thing feels as slick as that I WANT IT!

[ This Message was edited by: Falcon786 on 2012-07-16 10:34 ]
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-06-02 12:44
MTN has the GS3 for R399 on anytime R200 and for R500 on anytime R350....very very tempted to go out and get it right now!

Gotta hold back man...R500 p/m on contract for 24 months could be a long time lol
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-02 13:27
Hi Falcon.I have an upgrade on Monday.Don't think I'm gonna bother upgrading.Contract terminates in September so I'll hold back and see.This G2 is most probably gonna go the distance.Will be the first time ever that I've managed to keep one phone throughout its two year contract.Its not that I'm losing my passion for cellphones, its just that I've got a phone now that after almost a year is still impressing the sh#t out of me.Found a rom that is a keeper (MIUI) and its fantastic because they release an update every Friday.Happy as Larry with my G2.

Note,One X,Lumia 800 and Xperia S...... I'm afraid your wifey is right.You nuts bro Not.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-02 17:09
Dups
Eish, by the way, e-tolls
What about an X5M? Assuming its also more frugal than the competition.
That i8 is a beaut, its design looks like a modernised BMW M1.
A part of me is loving Audi's interiors, the RS3 and A1, but yah, they need a new designer, especially for that A5, looks dated already.

Falcon
WOW! Thats insane, even if i had the cash, id probably have the GS3 for personal with a Galaxy Note10.1 tablet and then a BB Torch for work (if at all necessary), lol.

Ps. just get the GS3
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-05 17:44
As you can see I'm eligible for an upgrade now.Its the first time ever that my upgrade date has come and gone without me upgrading 7 days before the upgrade date.

XPERIA X10 CONTRACT
Next upgrade date 03 June 2012
Contract expiry date 02 September 2012

Just checked when my next upgrade date is.

GALAXY S2 CONTRACT
Next upgrade date 03 September 2013
Contract expiry date 02 Deceember 2013

3 September 2013 seems an awfully lonnnngggg time away.

What to do.What to do
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-06-06 04:59 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-06 05:08
Take out a second line on same contract. Many networks let you do that. It would still be same account. I have GS3 today coming
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-06 10:55
Nah.I think I'm gonna terminate it and just keep the S2 contract.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-06 12:27
Hobbs

You seemed to have a keen interest in Windows Phone, why not get a Lumia800?
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-06 13:34
Tsepz
The S2 is a magic phone.I can't sell it or I won't sell it.I can't allow it to sit in my a box in my cupboard,it would drive me mad.I can't think of walking around with 2 phones.I can't think of using any other phone.Even a S3.Not in the least bit envious of all the new S3 owners popping up around here.Still so much I can do.All signs lead to my journey with the S2 isn't over.Some days it feels like it has just begun.

Screw the 2nd upgrade.I'm letting it go.If come Xmas and I need a change I'll just open up a new 2nd contract.

Re-Windows phone.I've just had a stint with the Windows 8 Consumer release on my home PC and after using it I have rid all my PC's and HP netbook (switched it back for that piece of sh#t Vodafone Smart Tab 7) of Windows and am now a proud user of the latest Ubuntu 12.04.It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't even revert back to Windows 7 So about getting a WP,nee dankie baie much.

Nah,Im proudly Android all the way.Busy downloading Resurrections latest v2.1 to see how far he has come.With recovery and backup/restore you can play on an Android phone until the cows come home and if it doesnt work out just revert back to where you left off on a previous rom.Its fantastic.I'd be bored with a phone running another OS.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-06-06 12:37 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-06 14:09
Fair enough
Considering how much you enjoy modding, WP may have driven you mad after a while anyway.

Yeah, must agree, as much as i like the GS3 i havent felt that envious of its new owners, i think Samsung did such a wonderful job with the GS2 that they couldn't improve that much more in the GS3. I havent felt the need to download YouTube reviews and comparisons. Im actually looking forward more to the Galaxy Note2, a part of me really likes the Note, but the size, but then again the incredible display...im so conflicted by it.

I take it the tablet didn't fully live up to expectation?

Enjoy modding. Im settling with Slim ICS for now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic