Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 3
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-04-12 12:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice! Congrats Zani! That must look uber cool in white, my GS2 is the white one and im loving the way it looks.
Its quite a machine that Note, so the size hasn't been an issue then?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
zani_003
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-04-12 15:43
Thanks Tsepz! it's a beauty & a beast. I still have to put it through its phases Size is a bit too much, but I'm fast getting used to it. the desire feels tiny already

I'm considering rooting it, I miss ICS (from the rooted desire) I can't wait for the official ICS
[ This Message was edited by: zani_003 on 2012-04-12 14:56 ]
Accountants prepare 4 glory!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-04-12 18:46
Have you ran Quadrant or AnTuTu benchmarks yet? Ive heard it pulls some impressive scores.
root Root ROOT! Go wild with it, there's a lot available for it at XDA, including the leaked Official ICS ROM and custom ICS ROMs based on it.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-04-13 09:42
zani_003

Congratulations on your Note.Some pics please.

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
zani_003
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-04-13 19:05
@Tsepz quadrant gave me 3516 and AnTuTu gave me 6433. I'm very impressed with battery life, it does pretty well given the screen on this thing. It was fully charged when I left home @ 6:30, after heavy heavy use (whatsapp, hours of music, taking & transferring pics, Facebook, internet browsing, calls and over 50 text sent & received and the display @ 20%) I still have 30% left. 11 hours 30 mins on battery. I'll root this baby tomorrow, my gf is already jealous of the amount of time I spend with it lol

@ Hobbs, thanks man! I'll upload pics 2mrw, the Desire's camera ain't good on this custom ICS rom
Accountants prepare 4 glory!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-04-30 11:17
For all the greasemonkeys in here.Friend of the families car.Is it any good?

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-02 12:54
Woooh! Thats quite a machine there Hobbs, did you get a ride in it?
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 00:02
No Tsepz.I'm so not into cars.A Porsche,a Citi Golf,its all the same to me Couldn't be bothered.
I've experience some serious death defying speeds on superbikes in my 20's as a passenger where the riders were high on drugs and fearless.Don't think a dash in a Porsche is going to give me any kind of thrill whatsoever.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 14:06
Lovely Porsche pics, Hobbster.

Seriously thinking of getting the Lumia 710 as it's at such a damn good price at the moment, but the 808 is due to hit the shelves here later this month...

Patience, O Wanqa, LOL.

He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 11:39
Wanga
Wait for the 800.Just my two pence.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 13:36
Wow, talk about living on the edge Hobbs, the 20yrld you was one wild guy me and bikes just dont mix, once got a lift on a friend's R1 and i was sh***ing myself at 80km/h, ive experienced some terrifying speeds recently in the Camaro but the driver wasn't high or drunk...thankfully, lol.

Wanqs
I agree with Hobbs, wait for 808.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 12:54
Hobbs, how's the tablet? Done any modifying to it?
Mine recently go a update, running a lot faster and smoother now, I've gone back to using it more now, still haven't bothered to do any mods to it though, not even rooted.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 13:04
Tsepz

Got to be quite ohnest with you,I hardly ever use it ever since this Resurrection Remix rom started to take off and become quite mature and yummy I seem to be constantly updating roms and Siyah kernels and customizing and customizing and customizing

I must look around to see if anyone is working on the Vodafone Smart Tab 7 because the last time I checked there was Nada.If you do by chance come across any development on this tab I would be extremely grateful for some feedback.

Regarding my 20's,yep I am extremely fortunate to have made it out of them alive and kicking.You be careful now and do the same.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-05-05 12:05 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 14:12
What's up fellas!

Been a while since I was last here, hope everyone's doing well. Other than the race row that's brewing in this country I am okay. Sad what apartheid has done to this beautiful country and the anger and resentment still linger on. My heart bleeds when I think about how 'heavenly' this country would be had the National Party treated everybody equally.

Okay, enough of the negativity!
I am still searching for my perfect phone even after all this time. Had a Razr but sold it after two months, the battery was woeful and I found it sluggish after loading some music and apps. The built quality was amazing, the reception wasn't too bad but wasn't the best and the call quality was superb. I hated the Motoblur skin, if I didn't sell it I was going to get rid of that rubbish skin.

One thing that is certain is that touch only phones are definitely not made for me, I tried and tried to enjoy the Moto but I couldn't- I know it was just two months but I just missed the physical keypad. I also had my brother's N8 (second time around) for a week after that and it just felt wrong.

I am now back to my trusty P1i and my Razr V8. I have been following Blackberry's BB10 and thus far it isn't looking bad but also not great in terms of their progress on the OS. I am definitely going to get me their BB10 phone with a physical keypad of course. I am going to get myself a touchscreen phone also for my secondary/business line.

@Hobbs

That is a mean machine, love them Porsches. Last week I was in Midrand and a white TurboS was going the opposite direction, I felt like following the owner and asking for a test drive.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2012-05-11 13:14 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 16:54
Hi Dups, good to see you around here again.
Yah, the whole Jessica Leandra drama is shocking, what makes it worse is the girl who replied to her trying to fight fire with fire, a part of me though is glad it happened because it has brought to the nations attention that there are race issues still around even amongst us 90s kids who were born/grew up out of apartheid, its something we can't escape until its dealt with correctly, we can't just try ignore it and hope it goes away.

Sorry to hear the Razr didn't live up to your expectations, unfortunately coming from a smartphone that was built at a time where feature phones ruled to any new multi core smartphone will take some getting used in terms of battery management, the standard of battery life has dropped significantly with all these big high resolution touch displays, large RAM chips and multi core CPUs and their power hungry GPUs.
Hopefully RIM build the perfect smartphone for you, maybe a Torch BB with multi core CPU and improved UI?

PS. I got to drive a BMW X3 3.5IS (225kw) today, from randburg to fourways, what a machine, that 3.5l twin Turbo motor is spectacular very tempting to just pedal to the medal, unfortunetly Jhb traffic just doesn't such freedom, thoroughly enjoyed it though, it drove like a a small 2 seater sports car despite its size, reminded me of why I'm such a Beamer fan
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic