Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 16:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What a fantastic 36 degree day.Spent it in the pool.Now just to get through tomorrow.Its gonna be around the same.Eish! Its gonna be a long working day tomorrow.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 22:51
Wanna swap some of that heat for the cold here, H? Taken at about 9am yesterday:

@ gola:
I've got all the phone stuff on the li'l Toshiba netbook, which still runs on XP.

Have a good week ahead, all.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-16 10:17
Amawanga
Nee dankie
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-16 14:21
My boss has just been to a meeting in Long Street Cape Town and the car said it was 43 degrees.
Thank goodness I stayed at work and chilled in the pool.We cant work with paint in this weather.It literally dries on the brush.
So I'm not complaining
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 22:48
Eish, huge losses for Q4 :

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]s_dont_look_good-news-3688.php
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-23 07:25
Wangs Lets hope SE/Sony get their act together this year.

Tsepz Have you seen a Galaxy S2 from MTN.The battery cover is textured on the black model.I personally dont like it.The UI also feels a bit different.Is that possible? Does MTN/Vodacom slighty alter their UI to differentiate the phones?
Or maybe Ive just forgotten what the UI looks like because Im always changing fonts,resolution,launchers ect
I played on a MTN unit over the weekend and it just felt different.
So glad I got the white after playing on a black one.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-01-25 20:15
Hobbs
As far as i know there arent any differences, the Black GS2 has always had a textured back cover, i think its something to do with the sort of plastic they use cause our Black X10s had rubbery back covers but white was also glossy just like the white GS2.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-26 05:59
okey dokey
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-01-26 06:23 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-02-02 07:14
How's everyone doing?

Tsepz Back at Uni? Still enjoying your G2? Got myself an ICS Android 4.0.3 rom that can be used as a daily.Android is maturing nicely.I like where it is heading.I know FaceLock is'nt secure and all but it is really cool and works well.The new task manager is good on the eye.Contacts and Gmail look fresh.The rom could be a bit snappier though.Needs a bit of work but the developer seems to be depriving himself of sleep to get updates so I'm keen to see what's to come.
Honest truth is I'm a Checkrom fan and as soon as those guys get in the act releasing an ICS rom I will definitely switch.That kitchen app they pre install on their roms becomes a must have after you've used it for a while to change kernel,themes etc.
So in recovery backup I now have my original Vodacom (2.3.4).Checkrom HD Revo v 4 (2.3.6) Cyanogen
Mod 7.1 (2.3.7) and now this ICS Resurrection from (4.0.3)
Sadly enough this G2 seems to be getting the same treatment as my X10 lol

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-02-02 21:33
Hobbs

All good here, and you? Yep, back at uni and with the heaviest timetable ive ever had, i cant wait for this week to be done, realy need to blow off some steam.
Im loving my GS2, and so are many of my friends at uni, many of them are fed up with their BBs, some got themselves iPhones or other Androids, absolute 180 turn from late last year. Two want a GS2 after trying mine, they are so amazed by its speed, apps, games, screen and oddly the Voice Command, i guess because its a bit like Siri.
Havent done any modding to my GS2 other than recently rooting it, im just loving it in stock, i especialy like the productivity apps e.g Memo, Task, Polaris Office and the note widget, they come in handy lately, each time i use this phone i ask myself how on earth Samsung managed to make this phone so fast and smooth without compromising functionality and vice versa, im over the moon with it

You just couldnt resist eh? I saw the screenshots, looks awesome!
Lol, atleast the GS2 has all the memory in the world for all that modding and back ups, thats one place the X10 was absolute crap at, with the GS2 memory is no issue.
When i get more time im going to try those CheckROMs, they sound sweet, how are they battery wise and speed wise when compared to stock?
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2012-02-02 20:37 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-02-03 05:33
Tsepz I say don't mod your G2.It sounds like its doing OK as it is.But if you do its the Checkrom Revo HD v4 and then install the Siyah kernel (one kernel to rule them all.) from the kitchen.That kernel is built for performance so battery life is compromised but I still get a day.If you want a more balanced battery life and performance then install the Dark Knight kernel.And also if you want a ICS look to your phone for the meantime theres a nice ICS theme in the kitchen.

Im back on Checkrom.The ICS Remix just doesnt have the superfast speed I've gotten use to.That developer is doing his best but I think with only the Samsung alpha builds to work with he is always going to fall a bit short.Hats off to him though for getting everything working well except the overall speed of the phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-02-03 06:46 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-02-06 08:16
Played on a White iPhone 4S on Friday and all I can say is I love my G2 even more now The iPhone 4S has nothing on my G2 except a fantastic screen with clear crisp text.Other than that,nada.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-02-06 07:18 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-06 10:46
If anyone sees any news on the WHITE Galaxy Note availability locally, please drop a note here (pun intended...).

Getting any info from the relevant manufacturer/Operator/stores has been as fruitless as you can imagine...!

Thanks
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-02-06 12:22
Hobbs

Sounds like you've very happy with Checkrom ROMs, enjoy it.Nothing better than being back on that perfect setup that just works for you.

How tiny does the iPhone feel after using a GS2? The iP4 felt like a premium dumbphone to me next to my GS2.

Rob
Tell me about it, although Samsung SA on Twitter and FB are alot more respondent than HTC SouthAfrica who seem to be VERY quiet since beginning of December2011, had the same problem when i wanted to get the HTC Sensation XE, they all knew next to nothing about it or when it was coming.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2012-02-10 00:12
Have you guys seen this Symbian (Belle) update?:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=203448
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic