Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 22:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My entry to this month's photo comp, taken with the 5800:

He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-21 00:44
Dups
You just never know with a Chiefs v Pirates game, i must admit we played like amateurs on Saturday wasn't impressed at all. Lol, VV realy seems to be pissing off many Chiefs fans, many of my friends said the same.

Vodacom did it again today, had no internet here in Jhb earlier tonite, people are going all out on them on Twitter.

Eish, BB simply cant afford not to port QNX to OS7 devices, not after their earnings announcement, its so weird to think RIM are in trouble when almost EVERYONE here has a BB.

Hobbs
Those are the same things i installed, its a very nice ROM, i just cant get enough of how buttery smooth it is.

Wanqs
Thats an awesome pic!! Is that the new Ferrari 458 Italia? Some rich kid at uni gets either dropped off by his dad in one, or drive it to uni himself, the noise that thing makes is just amazing.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11†2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jmash
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-22 19:12
Howzit fellaz,I gave my lovely x10 up for a iPhone4.I must say thought that I miss the big guy but I couldn't live with the random reboots I experienced with it,it kept on getting worse and worse.So far the iPhone has been good and I've has it for about a week now.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 12:48
@Tsepz_GP

I guess I saw this coming some time back when I ported one line, I must be some kind of psychic

Seriously, Vodacom are now really pathetic. How many times are we going to go through this? This is making me think of porting my second number when the contract is up, probably go for MTN. I have a feeling this is the beginning of major problems for Vodacom and its subscribers. I just can't afford to have my business line, which happens to be the Vodacom one, to be on and off depending on what troubles Vodacom encounters.

I remember you telling me that University kids are now driving supercars and I was shocked. Driving Ferraris and Porsches to school is unbelievable. I know when I get rich I will not let my daughter drive my GT3 RS

She can drive my X6 M though
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 13:21
Jmash

lol, enjoy that iPhone4 not a big fan of iOS, but its simply undeniable how well it works.

Dups

Indeed, I'll be suprised if Vodacom still have the same market share they have at the moment this time next year, I am so sick of them and so are many others.
its madness the type of cars you see at uni. Lol, she will turn heads with an X6 M, there's a girl who drives a normal X6 at my uni and the thing sticks out very well in the parking lot, holds its own amongst the droves of 1series and GTIs that's for sure, even without a bodykit it looks mean, love it.

One of my close friends will be taking delivery of his Chev Camaro soon, the guy who is importing it for him gave us a ride in the Camaro SS he has imported for some local sportsman, he wouldn't tell us who though, that thing is a BEAST, it doesn't sound loud when you start it, I'd actually say a BMW 125i sounds better when you turn the ignition, but give that SS the beans and it is American Muscle heaven, my friends one is not the SS though, its goin to be an R/S , still not bad, its pushing out around 220kw which is still alot for a 21yrlds car, may buy his Mini Cooper S from him if I'm allowed to, still have a huge love for those Minis, but I hear after they have done over 100,000km can be a problem, so we'll see if the parents say yes.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 14:29
I prefer the Ford Mustang GT 500 but even I admit that the SS is something of a monster by American standards.

I am just not so sure they have completely made the turn around in terms of cornering, I suspect theyr are still struggling with creating a complete car to compete with the Germans.

I saw Ignition this past weekend where this American guy had the 2008 CL 600 AMG racing against these tuned American cars. The Merc did quite well beating a few including some Mustang before eventually falling to some old school American car with ferocious power. It was interesting.

By the way, our Porsche GT2 RS has been dethroned at Nurburgring. The new 'champ' is the Toyota LFA Nurburgring, yes, they call it the LFA Nurburgring. I wouldn't buy the Lexus even if I had the money but that is quite an achievement for a company started not so long ago.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-27 09:57
Dups
He originally wanted a Mustang, issue being they don't seem to age very well, the and the Camaro has a more original design, it just looks so mean.
Yah, personaly not a big American Muscle fan either, if it was my cash I would've tried to get myself on the pre order list of the BMW 1series-M or got a 335i, overall cost of getting those Camaros here +conversion is just under R800,000 which isn't bad considering all the costs customs, conversion to right hand drive etc... You could get a 335i and slap on some modifications at that amount. Germans seem to get the closest to perfect balance of power weight and cornering ability, even those crazies at AMG lol. Was that Super car Shootout or something like that that you saw? Some of the cars they have on there are ridiculously powerful, they once had a modified Viper that was probably just as powerful as a Koenig, but it was rocking the same sort of suspension the Ford Model T would have had, it killed in the straights, but put it in a tight hair pin and you would definetly find yourself in the gravel 9times out of 10.

Oh I hate that LFA just as much as their wanna-be M3, I'm sure Porsche are working on an improved 911 as we speak just to reclaim their place lol. Have you played Gran Tourismo? They have the Nurburgring track there, apparently its accuracy on the game is off by just a kilometre, it is such an awesome race track, one or two long straights, curves, straight, a hair-pin here and there, its a challenging track but so worth it if you're using something like an M3 or RUF (tuned Porsche) as even the cars are as close to their real handling as possible, amazing piece of engineering that track.

Hobbs

Some great news, the next official release of Cyanogen Mod7 will support the X10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1278328
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2011-09-27 09:11 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-27 14:18
I'm with you on buying a 335i or even an M3 with that amount of money. I will never buy an American car ever!

Yes, the programme was Supercar something. No, I have not played Grand Tourismo. Will see if I can play it.

You're right about Porsche, the competition will beat an older car before they get smacked with a new and more powerful 911. I am actually looking forward to that mid-engined supercar, that should be one hell of a Porsche.

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-28 12:54
@Tsepz_GP

Here we go again. I don't know about you or Hobbs but Vodacom is down again over here, I can't make or receive calls and it's been over 30 minutes.

Imagine if there was an emergency. This is really making me consider a move to MTN.

The last time I ported to Cell C was because of such a situation.

No wonder people call this network Vodascum or Vodacon nowadays.

Unbelievable and shocking!!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-28 13:46
Its quite spotty here Dups, in Sandton their network was quite slow today, Voice and SMS worked but data was slow as hell.
I don't blame you, its ridiculous, the very basic thing we are paying for is to be 1ST be able to Call and Text, now when you have a network that constantly fails at both you're not exactly left with much of a choice. Vodacon are a rubbish network at this point, I've had it with them to.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-28 14:23
Your experience tells me this is again a national problem because now it has become like in your case- spotty. For a moment I thought it was our area.

I tried making seven calls and only managed to get through twice. Sms takes a while to get delivered.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-28 16:01
DUPS No problem with Vodacom for me here in Cape Town.In my area Sea Point Im connected 24/7 with a strong H signal and in most areas I dont seem to have any problems..Sorry to hear about your crap signal.Hope it improves soon.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-28 16:56
Hey Hobbs!

It's actually back to normal now, thanks. We are also always on full bar signal strength on normal days. Vodacom really need to do something about this or they will lose my last contract with them. I love them for their wonderful coverage but they are now trying my patience.

I am up for an upgrade in April so they better not mess it up again.

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-29 02:33
Vodacom are good in the Mother City, i remember when i was there in 2007 and was so suprised by their wide EDGE and HSDPA coverage, it was and is better than what it is in JHB, ive been there once or twice each year since and never faced issues with them there, up here though its a different story, i think their network gets highly congested in Jhb, ive noticed that between 5pm and 8pm at night "peak time" their data speeds drop by a large amount, even sending a simple WhatsApp message or Tweet becomes a pain even via 3G, they have way too many subscribers per tower here.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2011-09-29 12:51
Helllllllllo Esato!!!
Wow its been years!!

I have the SE Arc, any idea how to change the phone name from LT5i to SE Arc?
Also which is the best video codec to download?

Thanks
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic