Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Youre strong Hobbs, I was so close to throwing my 5800 against the wall by the end of the 1st week made me realise how much I need good social networking integration.

Have you given them a call yet?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 22:09
Tsepz No,they say 7-10 working days.Its only been 10 days with 2 of those days been non working.So hopefully any day now.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 23:38
WhooHoooooo! Just unlocked my X10's bootloader at last. About time too..... No more bypassing.
Thanks to XDA devs!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 08:51
Rob123 Fantastico!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 10:17
By the way, I would wait a few more hours for a kernel that can get deepsleep before you try this. Lost 50% battery overnight.....
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 15:19
I was just thinking, wouldn't it do SE a world of good if they upgrade the X10 to ICS? I mean, the phone has basically the same hardware as the arc or any of the 2011 portfolio and so it should easily handle Ice Cream Sandwich. If I were them I would upgrade the X10 and watch all that damage done in years gone by wiped clean. Who would hold anything against SE, in terms of support, after that? Nobody... err, except the X10 mini and mini pro owners but that would be nothing compared to the trust and confidence they will gain from SE fans and consumers in general.

@Tsepz_GP

What are you all doing to Dogmann? The man can't take the heat, first it was esato, then HowardForums and now it is MR. He will soon be out of forums

As the Americans say, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 18:05
im back in business.got my x10 back this afternoon and everything is running fine.happy.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 20:38
Tsepz They did what you said.
Board Swap by Third party.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 01:23
LOL Hobbster, ya I saw that article. Gotta somehow convince her to come up with some new catchy jingle for the Dark Side..
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2011-09-10 00:23 ]
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 09:51
Japan can be proud of that rugby they played.Fantastic to watch.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 12:25
Hey Hobbster, speaking of Japanese, another brand new rave song featuring Robert Smith, this time with 'Japanese Popstars' and the song 'Take Forever':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91V4d9lA6c
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 13:55
Tsepz, Dups, et al. Last Sunday I attended the Chelsea Auto Legends 2011 Show, in the very affluent suburb of er... Chelsea, west London.

Zonda's, McClaren F1's, Koenigseggs, Lambo's, iconic Ferraris, etc, plus classic 24hr endurance racers, legendary rally cars etc etc.

I've uploaded the pics here on Picasa. Wonder how much money in machinery is here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/[....]COPplorxi5mAZw&feat=directlink

Obviously, click thumbnails to enlarge.

Interestingly, at the Aston Martin stand, they're now selling tweeked Toyota IQ's as Aston Martins!!! (pics included in the link).
It's the same 1.3 engine, with their own lashings on the bodywork panels and other personalised bits and interior. It may seem like sportscar heresy, but EU regulations now stipulate that as car manufacturers now have to meet x-amount of vehicles produced to meet new emissions and related 'green' targets, this is the only way they can survive, as if they don't the financial penalties and related implications would mean no more Aston Martin supercars!
This has really miffed the Aston Martin purists, as you can imagine, but it's adapt or die. The upshot is they can now meet the targets easily, Toyota are happy as there's more units of their 'own' design being sold with all the exclusivity of Aston Martin etc. It's also priced much more than the normal IQ, as you'd expect for the name on the car and all the Aston Martin add-ons, around 33,000.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2011-09-10 13:00 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 13:04
That was a close one.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 13:43

On 2011-09-10 13:55:50, amawanqa wrote:
Tsepz, Dups, et al. Last Sunday I attended the Chelsea Auto Legends 2011 Show, in the very affluent suburb of er... Chelsea, west London.

Zonda's, McClaren F1's, Koenigseggs, Lambo's, iconic Ferraris, etc, plus classic 24hr endurance racers, legendary rally cars etc etc.

I've uploaded the pics here on Picasa. Wonder how much money in machinery is here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/[....]COPplorxi5mAZw&feat=directlink

Obviously, click thumbnails to enlarge.

Interestingly, at the Aston Martin stand, they're now selling tweeked Toyota IQ's as Aston Martins!!! (pics included in the link).
It's the same 1.3 engine, with their own lashings on the bodywork panels and other personalised bits and interior. It may seem like sportscar heresy, but EU regulations now stipulate that as car manufacturers now have to meet x-amount of vehicles produced to meet new emissions and related 'green' targets, this is the only way they can survive, as if they don't the financial penalties and related implications would mean no more Aston Martin supercars!
This has really miffed the Aston Martin purists, as you can imagine, but it's adapt or die. The upshot is they can now meet the targets easily, Toyota are happy as there's more units of their 'own' design being sold with all the exclusivity of Aston Martin etc. It's also priced much more than the normal IQ, as you'd expect for the name on the car and all the Aston Martin add-ons, around 33,000.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2011-09-10 13:00 ]

Crap!! A Toyota as an Aston Martin? I see the point as you mentioned it wanqs but a Toyota as an Aston Martin!!

I love that old yellow Ferrari, forgot the model, it is something I can see myself driving now.

The Koenigsegg is something amazing and scary, those Swedes are pushing the boundaries. The new Koeni has just dethroned the new Buggatti Veryon Supersport as the fastest production car.

I remember being amazed by the gold BMW engine in the McLaren F1, I just don't know why BMW doesn't make a supercar to compete with the Ferraris and Porsches.

I'll still pick a Porsche over any supercar any day though.

@Hobbs
Still think we are winning this World Cup? Wanqs was right, the All Blacks are more likely to win this year even though they didn't have a great star
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 23:55
Hobbs
great news, glad you got it back, enjoy Gingerbread would highly recommend trying Wolfbreaks ROM, its based on SE's one but with his under the hood tweaks, runs very well.

Wanqs
That's some sweet metal in those pics , Im still browsing through the pics, must have been amazing to see some of the best pieces of engineering in the metal lol, I see there is even a Ferrari F40 in there and a McLaren F1, super car royalty right there, and some very rare gems, like that Alfa with the round roof, forgot its name lol, and two of my personal favourites, the Pagani Zonda and Porsche Carrera GT.

Dups
that guy got WAAAY too personal involved in some of the debates, he PMd me a few times supporting many of my arguments against Synn and ud, he really was just cracking and was bound to leave at some point, what really broke him was when his "Trusted Member" status got stripped away, man, I got an essay in my M-R inbox when that happened, call me mean but I laughed for a good 15mins trying to read through it, the guy is over twice my age and he's going on like a little girl, I can see where he is coming from but he really needs to relax...smoke a blunt maybe.

I've been wondering the same, BMW don't seem very interested in building a supercar though, i am DYING to atleast see a AudiR8 killer, i mean its not really a supercar, but just something to whipe away the smugness of Audi fans they know they can do it.
Porsche ALL THE WAY! Im a huge 911 GT2 fan, and that design, despite what Jeremy Clarkson says is just perfect, when are we going to see a Carrera GT upgrade though i wonder? The current one is really looking dated right now.

This whole Koenig vs Bugatti war, im loving it, they just keep on pushing the limits, and is it just me who thinks the Swedes may win this one? The Bugatti is trying a little too much to be civilised, on the other hand the Koenig is an absolute beast and isnt ashamed of it, it has one mission, to kill the Bugatti, no matter what, loving it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic