Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 11:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Howzit Doellied2

Hope you having a bril weekend as well Wangs.Lighting up a fire tonight?

Thinking about it Tsepz,Ive got a kickass PC,a nice little HP Mini 210 netbook,a cool Android phone,getting a Android tablet or tablet would just be insane.lol Technology is ruining our species man.lol
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 11:57
Nah boet, we usually just braai on Saturday nights and for once I didn't take any pics with the P1i, as I forgot to charge the thing, LOL. Dang, had to go to the shop to buy a few things after I braaied and then forgot that I must've still be having a strong fragrance of 'You're the Khaya' from the braai smoke..
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 12:15
Speedtest Tsepz? What connection speeds are you getting on that baby.

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 12:32
Dont you just wish all those XDA X10 developers would just form a alliance and release a uber Gingerbread ROM contributed by everyone.I hate the XDA Development thread,its just so messy with all these different ROMS that are half baked and still in development.And once they have created an uber fully working Gingerbread ROM then each developer could alter it with his own signature,how it looks ect

I think Im just getting impatient now lol Thought they would bypass the bootloader and everything would be all roses.It aint so.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 15:20
Thanks Wanqs
Hobbs
I got it on a MyMeg500 (R399pm) with 600mb data per month, didnt look at other deals only saw another at R449pm.
Yep, you realy try see where a tablet will fit in there, im glad my mom will use it as well (although she realy wants an iPad2) as i doubt i'll be on it as much as i am on the X10.

Will try speedtest ASAP, doubt it will be that great as Vodacom's net in my area realy has gone down the toilet, ive been on them about it for over a month now, i got a sms from them a few days ago saying they are still working on the issue so internet on the tablet hasn't been as smooth as i'd like it to be, hopefuly its sorted when i finish exams.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 15:38
Tsepz R399 /month.No,I'll give it a miss and let this contract go.Then I'll be down to one contract only.First time in a long while.X10 all the way baby till June 2012.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 17:20
Tsepz Trying out Wolfbreaks 2.2.1 ROM again.When you attached a photo to a contact does it come out blurry at the top of your screen when you check out that contact details.Does on mine.Hope it can be fixed.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 17:47
Yep, mine is blurry to, never noticed that, its blurry and zoomed in too much.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 18:25
At least I know its just not mine.If you find a fix let me know.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jmash
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-16 08:39
Ok guys,got the files now and I'm a lil confused here,do I do it on the phone itself or a pc?How axatly do I apply the files.I got the files from the link Rob directed me to
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-16 17:19
Jmash Its all done straight on the phone.
The most important tool you need is xRecovery (link below)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859571

Download the xRecovery 0.3-release on that page and install it on your phone.(your phone must be rooted and Busybox from the Market must be installed)

Move the zip files you downloaded (from Robs link) straight onto your SD card.They should be:
CM 6.1.3 [v006].zip for Baseband 54/55/58
CM 6.1.3 Hotfix for V006

and New Market (only to be done later)

Reboot phone and when the Sony Ericsson logo appears on the screen continously press the back hardware key until you load up into xRecovery.

This is how xRecovery looks.

Follow the instructions for a fresh install from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=945264
(Install the CM 6.1.3 Hotfix for 006 after installing CM 6.1.3[v006])

(It will all make sense once you have xRecovery up on your screen.In xRecovery your Back hardware key takes you back a menu,your volume hardware keys moves up and down the menu and the Home hardware key is the OK button.)

Reboot phone.It will start up without network and then reboot itself.Just leave it until it settles with a network signal.

When everything is up and running,run the Market app on your phone.Once you enter the market after giving all your details reboot the phone and start up again in xRecovery.You should have another zip file you downloaded (from Robs link) and put on your SD card called New Market.Choose Install Custom Zip in xRecovery and install the New Market.

Reboot phone and everything should be good to go.

Not very good at giving instruction Jmash but I hope that helps a bit.Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-05-16 16:29 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-17 06:36
Shit Tsepz The ZOOM has just been overclocked to 1.6ghz and scores a benchmark of 4500.My 1350-1500 aint looking so good anymore lol
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-17 09:16
Tablets are becoming quite popular.Saw 6 people this morning sitting at the Mugg & Bean eating breakfast/drinking coffee playing on their tablets.Pretty cool.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-05-17 19:46
Oh crap, i totaly forgot about Quadrant! Will run it once the tab is charged up. Yep tablets are becoming very popular, have you noticed on how many shows the iPad appears in? Carte Blanche, Maggs on Media, CNN, i think eNews to? The Doctors etc... And then every cafe and restaurant (Mugg&Bean, Tasha's etc...) there's some corporate dude on one this tgng is not going out the house, my X10 is the only gadget i need when i leave the house.

A few more pics

One of the best things is Android Market on Honeycomb, its UI looks and works better than on the phones, obviously thanks to the screen real estate, it has got me thinking that Android realy was made for tablets more than smartphones, kind of like Maemo, as it realy shines on a huge hi res display:

And playing Angry Birds on this is just awesome

Havent had that much time to fiddle though, i write my 1st exam this SATURDAY so its spent more time lying on my desk.

Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-19 08:01
Tsepz Good luck with your exam on Saturday.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic