Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 20:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
All hail The Dark Side, LOL. What a financial fightback!:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia[....]rn_piles_of_cash-news-1412.php
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 21:12
Stephen Fry is truely polejocking. That "iPad About" did not tell me things i dont already know, what it did was kiss Apple and Steve Jobs' ass, go on to say a tiny bit about iPad, mock who ever doesnt think its worth an ass kiss, and then go on to insult Google. . I agree that the iPad will feature in many TV shows and movies, the moment i saw the iPad i immediatly thought of CSI:Miami, it will fit perfectly in there no doubt,but in reality what it offers are things an iPhone can do and will do, i mean they run the very same OS so WTF is the point? The iPhone itself could revolutionize eBooks, Newspapers and Magazines being distributed digitaly, why buy another device that needs a dam laptop bag? Anyway theres no doubt its going to sell,thanks only to the Apple badge.
I dont like how Stephen Fry thinks he knows how we all are, the novelty of a UI for me wears off and then i just want functionality and tweaking, which this thing lacks. OS4.0 may solve somethings,but lack of USB, Multitasking (may come in OS4 though) and Flash is just pathetic on a device like it.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2010-01-28 20:16 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-29 06:10
@GUCCI HA HA You and Stephen Fry both need to take your anti depressant medication me thinks lol
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-29 06:19
lol
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-29 23:54
25000 posts, y'all!

@ Dups!
Have you seen this thread?:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=193571
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2010-01-29 22:55 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 10:04
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 11:00
Thanks Hobbster. Have a bril one too.

Invictus was advertised on the TV last night, and there's also ads in the papers.

Back to phones, this article taken from GSMArena; there's a video link regarding this on their site as well:

'All HTC HD2 smartphones out there pack 576MB of RAM

We have caught HTC disabling features in their phones before and in order to get them back you had to use some tricks. But this is just ridiculous. As it turns out all HTC HD2 units actually have 576MB of RAM, but only 448MB of those are available to the users.

It's a bit more understandable when they disable a GPS or an FM radio unit - you only need new software to utilize it, but we just can't figure out why would HTC hide a big chunk of RAM on their flagship. And heck it wasn't even the only feature disabled by default on the HD2 powerhouse. Remember the Wi-Fi 802.11n support that you have to enable on your own?

So, it's not only the units headed for T-Mobile USA which pack more RAM, but all HTC HD2 smartphones out there actually have 576MB aboard. You only have to unlock the hidden amount of memory using some custom ROMs.

You can do that by going to the xda-developers forum and read this thread. Then get the needed ROM up and running on your HD2 and enjoy the extra amount of RAM memory. Just be careful, because it will most probably void your warranty.'

amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 11:06
Taken from The Register:

'Mozilla unfurls first mobile Firefox
'Fennec' on Maemo

Mozilla has officially released the first mobile Firefox, a condensed version of the popular open-source browser that runs on Nokia's Maemo platform.

Codenamed 'Fennec,' Firefox 1.0 for Maemo was previously available only as a beta. Mozilla calls this the first mobile web browser to accomodate add-ons - long a staple of the Firefox desktop browser. More than 40 add-ons are already available for the new mobile platform, including AdBlock Plus, the most famous of Firefox extensions.

The inaugural mobile Firefox also offers Mozilla's Awesome Bar, a way of quickly returning to sites you've visited in the past; the new Weave Sync tool, for synchronizing bookmarks and other Firefox settings across multiple machines; and, yes, those familiar Firefox tabs.

Two days ago, when it pushed out a third release candidate for Firefox mobile 1.0, Mozilla removed support for an Adobe plug-in, saying it had "degraded the performance of the browser to the point where it didn't meet our standards." Instead, the open sourcers urge you to install a YouTube Enabler add-on that will at least let you watch Googlevideos on the browser.

The new browser runs on Maemo 5, which means your only smartphone option is the Nokia 990. You can download the browser here.

Mozilla is currently alpha testing a version of Fennec for Window Mobile, and it has prototyped Firefox browsers for Google's Android platform. But it has no intention of building anything for the iPhone. Apple, you see, doesn't allow interpreted code of the Jesus Phone, and Mozilla won't waste time trying to put Firefox where it's "not wanted."
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 11:19
@GUCCI

I agree with you! Apple is just riding on its brand popularity without trying too hard and some people will gladly elevate their products to the highest level for no reason.

@wanqs

I just saw that thread. I guess it is safe to say that the P1 is a legend
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 11:32
... and congratulations to big Nokia!! What a stunning quarter?!

When you consider the loss on their venture with Siemens this becomes even more incredible.

Well done indeed!!
Now, sort out your ill equipped phones!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-31 11:00
Hope you all had a good weekend.
My 5800 smells of champagne and hubbly after a friend of mine decided she would rather shower me with it than drink it. All seems to be working fine though.
We almost spent the nite in jail for driving under the influence, never again,lesson learnt, a very sobering experience,literaly.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2010-01-31 10:07 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-01 17:50
Lets hope this is the start of something good.I'm cheering for them silently from the sidelines.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motor[....]e_getting_better-news-1417.php
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-01 19:18
@ Gucci:
LOL, those parties n' stuff that you seem to frequent sound quite legendary. At least the 5800 is still working..and hopefully not too sticky, LOL.

@ Hobbster:

Yeah good on them. I'm not the world's biggest Moto fan, but competition, as we know, is always a good thing. I wish them well.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-01 20:57
LMAO Wanqs.Ya it realy was a nasty site, this phone is a real finger print magnet,took a damp cloth and whiped it. yep they get real crazy,and they are going to be a lot more this year, dum dum dum dummm.lol
All
Holiday is finaly over, lectures begin tomorrow, i think next time i get a holiday this long i should get a job lol, a month is enough,but 3 is just overkill.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 19:11
Taken from GSMArena today:

'Symbian^3 OS and a Maemo 6 device coming later this year

According to the Symbian numbering scheme we're at Symbian^1 now, but we won't see ^2 at all - Nokia is jumping straight to Symbian^3. Maemo 6 is coming later this year with at least one new device running it.

Symbian S60 5th edition or Symbian^1 is the OS powering the touch phones from Nokia - from the Nokia N97 flagship to the entry level Nokia 5230. The next version - Symbian^2 - however has been dropped in favor of Symbian^3.

Symbian^3 is expected to come out in the third quarter of 2010. For now it's not clear if older devices will be compatible with the new OS, which will feature multi-touch gestures. We will also be seeing Symbian^4 in late 2010 or early 2011.

Maemo is also getting an update - Maemo 6 is just around the corner (the Nokia N900 runs Maemo 5). Maemo 6 is expected in the second half of 2010, but more importantly there are plans to launch new products based on Maemo 6 - yep, the Nokia N920 could well be on its way. And the use of plural in "products" gives us hope of there being more than one Maemo device coming out this year, despite the rumors to the contrary.

Nokia expects that Symbian devices will overtake S40 devices by 2011 - 55% vs. 35% - and Maemo devices will be 10% of all devices shipped.'

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic