Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 16:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@GUCCI

Lol, your mother had better be careful cause the day she becomes stinking rich I can see GUCCI telling her 'the Bugatti Veryon is the best and safest car, let's go buy it'.

Nah, I won't ever like touchscreen phones.

I have played with an Iphone, HTC touch, X1 and recently Satio. The Iphone is the slickest in that bunch and the Satio ain't bad, the other two are in the same boat- a little fiddly but usable.

My short experiences were not pleasant at all, I kept wishing for a keypad as it is very tactile and also very fast (at least for me).

Something that came to mind now is which has the highest chances of cracking the screen on being accidentally dropped between a complete touch phone and a P1-like phone?

I am leaning towards the touchscreen only phone even though it hasn't (to my knowledge) been proven.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 18:16
Dups
LOL! Oooh yes,im trying to get her to leave Volvo and get the new 5series late next year, shes stuck on the whole "Volvo is the safest car" crap
Fair enough, BlackBerry seems to be the best bet then.
That would be interesting,guess it depends, the iPhone stil feels very delicate to me, id bet on the P1 surviving any day.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2009-12-28 17:18 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
JC08
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 18:27
@ gucci, just wanted to say opera mobile 10 and mini 5 beta 2 plus 3g is a real treat on the 5800 for me! think you will like opera mobile on it....
Yad. Hey. Vav. Hey.
'' So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God who makes things grow, is important'' (1 Corinthians 3:7)
It's not about me!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 18:47
Wow! I didn't know I had psychic abilities. I should explore them since I subconsciously knew that your mother drove a Volvo, LOL.

Yeah, the new 5 series is so hot right now I am hoping to be able to drive the next M5.

I don't really like the safest car in the world. One thing for sure they are the safest cars.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 19:15
JC
Nice! Thats exactly what im looking forward to, browsing with Opera Mini 5 and Mobile10 on that large screen.
Dups!
LMAO! ya they are decent cars. Im looking forward to seeing that M5 take on the new E63 AMG. . .if there is a E63 AMG? I remember the Bimmer eating the last one,the E55 AMG.
Can you tell me what my 1st car will be? Anything but a Tata Nano please!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 19:47
Oh, I see you're trying to embarrass me and prove that I'm a fake psychic by asking me that question.

For you GUCCI.011... hmm, let me see, how about a Cherry as your first car? LOL.

I am not even sure which one is worse between it and a Tata.

I read a comparison between the new E class and the new 5 series and the Merc was easily trounced. I can't remember which site but both cars were diesel with the same engine capacity. The only negative the Bimmer got was that the run flat tyres they so love made the ride a bit harsh compared to the Merc.

I am also awaiting the comparison of the upcoming M5 and its AMG competitor.

Let's not forget Audi. The closest competitor and the one capable of beating BMW in this game of sports saloons.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 20:11
The P1i's cam will be working overtime tomorrow..
We're going over on a ferry to Calais in France for the day to do some shopping n' sight-seeing. We'll drive down to Dover and take the ferry from there. It takes about 1 and a half hours on the ship, to get from Dover to Calais.
It only costs 16 (approx R200) return via the massive P&O ferry company for both of us!
If we took the car as well, it would only cost 25 all-up, irrespective if there's one or 5 people in the car.
The shops n' stuff are all in easy reach from the Calais ferry terminal, so we're not using the car over there this time.

Being brought up in SA, I still find it weird at times to be able to travel that relatively short distance and be in totally different country/ies, for such little money and with such ease and so many options.

Cheaper to visit France this way, from where we stay, than taking the car or train to either Wales or Scotland...go figure.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-12-28 19:20 ]
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 21:28
Any of you seen Avatar yet? My nephew's been raving over it.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 21:36
Dups
LMAO! Cherry,Tata, GWM etc. . . .i think they're all on the same level, i saw some horror stories with Mahindra vehicles on Carte Blanche. Lol ye cant forget Audi,they are forever making new models, im sure theres already a new A4 on the way
Wanqs
You could always do it the TopGear way and make your car amphibious then cross the Channel and try beat Richard Branson's record as Jeremy failed.
Looking forward to the pics,enjoy it!

gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 22:18
GUCCI
Thanks bro... JC's right, opera mobile is a dream, i cant differentiate it from opera mini 5 though.

wanqs
saw avatar last friday and ofcourse the effects are worth mentioning, it being the most expensive movie, other than that it's just a normal story-kinda like the biological version of surrogates only longer, prettier and some more stuff. Definately worth watching though. I'm looking forward to M.Night Shyamalan's adaptation of the last airbender...

all
You guys believe the 2012 conspiracy, anyone watch the doccy on National Geographic. Heard it was pretty hard stuff, even linked it to some Christian belief...
[ This Message was edited by: gola on 2009-12-28 21:20 ]
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 22:40
Hehe. . . .Airbender
Dam,i missed it! Gola what was the name of the show? Lol i dont believe the conspiracy. . . .yet. . . but i find it realy interesting
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 23:30
@ Gucci:
Thanks boet.
I've already been familiarising myself with the city's layout and various places of interest thanks to Google Maps's street views. Sigh, love technology..

@ gola:
Ya it's been advertised a lot here on the TV. Even the local Tesco supermarket is already climbing on the bandwagon and selling the PS3, X-Box 360 and Nintendo DS spin-offs, as well as various Avatar action figures and vehicles.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-12-28 22:51 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-12-29 08:59
Morning all! This break from work is spoiling me, I just woke up after watching so much tv last night that it feels like someone has taken over my body.

On the 2012 issue, I don't believe it one bit and never will. I have very strong feelings on certain things, from Christmas, Easter holidays and valentines day that I would probably offend a few people if I were to say what I believe in.

The one Being I know and believe in is the BIG MAN upstairs... err, make that around us. He is the MANand without His guidance I know things wouldn't be what they are.

Humans have this tendency to manufacture stuff and as gullible as we are we believe every one of them. The end of the world that was supposed to be in 2000 for example, how about the David Koreshs of this world? We don't know jack and only He knows! I'll leave it here.
JC08
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-29 10:52
@ dups, i'm 120 percent with you man!
Yad. Hey. Vav. Hey.
'' So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God who makes things grow, is important'' (1 Corinthians 3:7)
It's not about me!
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-12-29 11:16
GUCCI
i haven't a clue, didn't watch it either...

dups
just recently found out that Jesus wasn't born on Xmas...lol,ancient Romans...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic