Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2008-04-25 17:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yeah, bon voyage, Brixster.

I belong to the biggest teachers' union in the UK, the NUT. Yesterday all NUT members went on strike, the first time in 21 years, to ensure that our yearly pay increments are on a par with the inflation rate. Now although inflation isn't bad here, one obviously needs to ensure that one's cost of living/outgoings are not increasing more than the salary increments year-on-year.
Sigh, they're just haven't discovered the art of toyi-toying yet, LOL. A distinct (and total) lack of that true African in-born rhythm (sez this whitey!).
Yeah, even my impromptu (a.k.a. dodgy) toyi-toying performance amongst the picketing peeps drew more puzzled/bemused glances than anything else... LOL.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
kyle_274
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-25 22:53
howzit everyone. how you all doin? does anyone else think opera mini 4.1 sucks? im really hating it. its way 2 ram hungry, sometimes it wont load the whole page, when i open a page it would freeze on 0kbs, when zoomed in you cant stop the page from loading. you have to zoom out to stop the page which is really annoying, so iv deleted it. and gone back 2 good old 4.0. doesnt have any of the problems which 4.1 does
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 01:35
Wanqa
"Monkey GlandBurger" lol i can only imagine how the Poms would react to that! They'd totaly overreact and blow it all out of proportion!
Kyle
Whatever bro. . . . .Im not talking to you until you have the N81 in your hand LOL!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 01:37
Kyle still no new phone yet? You've gone back to good ol Operamini 4.Me,Ive gone back to good ol Trusty 3.1.Bugger landscape and page overview.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-26 02:34
Right now at Kuala Lumpur International to catch a connecting flight to Bangkok...fookin massive, luckily I didn't lost in the madness.

Peace out!
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 08:46
In the East and you already saying things like Peace Out.Next you'll be saying Namaste,I acnowledge the God within or even start chanting Om Manne Padme Hum.lol Now Ive got I think it was Bananarama's One night in Bangkok in my head. Have fun bro.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 09:10
It was some oke called Murray Head that sang 'One Night In Bangkok', Hobbster. Eish, high school years...

Ya, and as Confucius (apparently) said:
'Man who walks through airport turnstiles sideways going to Bangkok...'
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 11:15
Very funny Wangs.Saw on the news last nite ol Bladerunner Wesley Snipes has been sentenced to 3 years for tax evasion.If I was Blade Runner id do a 'runner' and cross the border into Mexico and become a Chilli farmer.3 years,thats long bru for a celebrity who's been living the good life.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
kyle_274
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 11:55
@gucci, lmao. dude. its not my fault i dont have the phone. lol. voda should have gotten them in on friday. we going to jhb on monday and we'll go to a few shops to see if anyone has it. iv been preparing for it. iv gotten all the apps i think ill need. i got all the files for the hacking, i just cant download the ngage games. my connection is way to unreliable. it bombs out of the download.
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 16:17
I love that old Murray Head song

So, has the union made any progress yet, Wanqa? More power to the NUTS, lol

Kyle, hope you get sorted soon, dude. It's about time that the service providers got their act together.

Hobbs, i can just picture Brix in brightly-coloured robes, chanting away!
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 16:23
Kyle
Do you have 3G in your area? If you do then just download the games with the phone when you get it. I haven't hacked my phone i just sign apps with MobileSigner and my phone certificate. Theres already a ROM Patch for S60v3 TO allow you to install unsigned apps, and OPDA are giving us certificates, the Hacking involves so much reading and downloading lol,im too lazy to do it when theres easier alternatives.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-26 16:42
Bangkok is absolutely massive, Jozi pales considerably in comparison. The place is hot, humid and it smells different to anything my nostrils have ever come across.
Went to a massive shopping mall called Future Park this evening, lots of cellphone stores but very few bargains to be had.
Already got a local sim, since I'm here for three weeks. Got data activated, it works but the downside is that unlike most networks, this one chargers per minute online...not data downloaded.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 18:36
Per minute.thats hilarious.guess we wont be hearing much from u hey brix.lol its those bankokians.they only bath once a month cause they get charged per second with hotwater coming out the tap.lol and stay away from the the bangkok ladies of the night.you dont want to catch anything horrid.lol
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 18:50
Cool brixster. Glad you're managing to get around OK there. Our neighbour's wife is from Thailand. If you're able to get to Phuket, it's apparently really worthwhile.
Great news that you've got data etc all sorted already(albeit per minute billing...eish!).
Keep us posted re The Adventures of Da Brixsta.

@ Kryptik:
We've yet to see what impact the strike yields, when the parties concerned meet up. Ya, power to the NUTs indeed, LOL.

On 2008-04-26 18:36:52, HOBBS wrote:
...and stay away from the the bangkok ladies of the night.you dont want to catch anything horrid.lol

Makes me think of that movie 'Full Metal Jacket', with that 'Nam prossie, "Me so hoorrrny. Me love you looong time." LOL.
Actually, they've made that into a rap song quite recently by 2 Live Crew. It featured in a recent movie too, but it's completely slipped my mind as to which one..

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2008-04-26 17:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2008-05-22 01:30 ]
kyle_274
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 20:50
yeah the service providers must get there act together, iv been waiting a 2 weeks for the n81. but i heard the 1 catch had problems,
@gucci. no dude. i dnt hve 3g a barely get edge at my place. im to lazy 2 get certificates. lol. so hacking my phone is my best option. i foot really understand that rom patching. so i wont give that a try.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic