moua
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 10:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Does anyone try the R600 ?

Should i buy T65 or R600 ?

somes little questions about R600 :
Does it have a good sensibility (compare with other phone) ?
the screen seems to be the same size (in pixel) of T65 :
101x67 pixels : it is really the same screen as T65 ?
sometimes it's write that T65 got 6 lines, and R600 only five, what about in real ?
size in use/pixel is more important than size in inch.

And what about Battery performance ?
I currently got a T20e who have (from ericsson) :
200H standby/10H talktime and i get 1 full week of autonomy.
R600 : 90-150H standby/ 2-4H talktime : how many time will i get ?
And does GRPS always connected takes battery power (very much) ?

And what about T9 (and also, occasionally games) ?

So... to summarize, what is best between T65 and R600 ?

(and does anyone have a link with R600 review, test, or information ?
i dont really find review/test on it on the net in french or english (or other with babelfish-like translation ?))

Thanks for your responses.

[moua]

PS : sorry for my bad English
Wanchai
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:45
Please, do mind my poor english, as well. I have the R600. I don't know for sure about the screen resolution, but looking at the T65 compared to the R600, the T65 screen almost looks like it is stretch vertically.

The R600 has lousy battery performance. At normal use I charge my phone every other day and when more heavily used, every day! That is not satisfactory. I can not answer your question if GPRS consumes more battery.

R600 does NOT have T9! I think the T65 has. R600 has something called eZi-text. Some sort of T9-clone which does not work as well as T9. You can't add more words for example.

I think the T65 is embarrising ugly, but if you don't mind go for the T65!

kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 23:07

No, T65 is not ugly. I love the design of both T65 and R600. But as the user mentioned above, R600 does not have T9. The simpler text-input method that R600 has is very much inferior to T9. It doesn't allow input of words and it has a very limited vocabulary.

I would suggest that you go with T65! Cheers, mate!
moua
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 23:21
Thanls for your responses,
R600 is lighter and smallest than T65, and apparently have better games (i dont like tetris and E-maze), yes i know, a phone is a phone, but i like good strategic games on GSM, action games are not made for GSM...

And what about sensibility of both (compare with T20e) ?

I currently use the "ericsson-way" for writing sms (using side button), and it's fast, and T65 no not have a good keyboard (R600 have) so... :-/

Damn... i whant a T65 with R600 games !
kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 00:09

another option you have is to wait a bit, T200, T300 and T600 are coming soon!
jas
K600
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 00:13
Hi Moua,

I think you should go for the T65. You seem to think it is fine to use "Ericsson way input", but I can reassure you, that after you have used predictive text input (T9 or eZi-text) for a while, you will never want to go back. It is just so much faster.

So then it is just a question of what phone has better input. According to a Swedish mobile magazine, www.mobil.se, the eZi-text in the R600 has two major disadvantages: First, you cannot add new words. That is pretty bad. Second, at least the Swedish version seems to be built on a very old dictionary. For instance, the word "har" (Eng: has) is missing, instead the older version "haver" is in. (Nobody is using that word, it is like Old-English "haseth" or something.) That wouldn't be so bad if you could add words, but then again you can't...

So I'd go for the T65.

-Jas

moua
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 00:47
I know, T9 is best than Ericsson way input, i use T9 my sister's nokia 3310, and it's very great, more than somes Ericsson (french T9 on nokia phones use the good punctuation, like ' and accents.
when i read this : www.zicorp.com/textinputdemos.htm

ezi-text seems to be better than T9 (for example, to type 'tomorrow' jou just type tom and choose the right word), and seems to be use on the P800, and apparently, you can't add words mannualy, but it have a database of the new word enterred in past sms, and add them.
But maybe i am wrong (or Ericsson dont use all advantages of ezi-text).

For your .se : do you have a swedish > english (or french) translator ?

Thanks.

[moua]
Wanchai
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-25 08:57
What is the "Ericsson way input"? Is that using the volume slider when pressing keys? If it is, that does not seem to work on the R600. Altough I may not do it right.

The article at mobil.se says a very common swedish word is missing from the dictionary. That is not true with my upgraded R600. I think the dictionary is updated.

According to the information I got, the T65 and R600 has the very same screen resolution. And opposite of what you may have read, the R600 only has three games: Contrary, Erix and Path. But I have to warn you, do not buy the R600 for playing games. They're really no fun at all, and the keys makes it hard to play.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi