Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > purge time at esato?

Author purge time at esato?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-22 19:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i finally visited the club se website that markets itself as alternative to esato (what i saw was an esato wannabe - a copycat. but everything has its own purpose. i just dunno what club se is right now.)

i read through the post (it wasnt difficult, there wasn't much) but what caught my attention was the issue they raised about getting too many irrelevant results, duplicate topics that makes searches ineffective.

i think it's time for esato to purge the topic threads, make it leaner, and maybe move some of the messages (ie inactive, unanswered) into an archive area.

to make it more effective and relevant, the search function will first try the active posts, then if this is not enough, ask the user if s/he wants to try to search the archives.

what do you think?
marton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 19:55
I think the moderators at Esato are to ineffective. They don't delete the junk messages.
stevo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 20:31
Yeh he says with the club-sonyericsson advert below his post! If you dont like it stick to club-sonyericsson, you'll b lucky if ur forums half as good as esato's.
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 20:54
good idea, just get some of the older threads deleted. the important ones can be archived. the rest, just delete em
[addsig]
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 23:05
That's not what really bothers me on Esato, it's the people that post useless everyday topics on the SE General Forum that bothers me. I'm hardly even visiting it anymore because of it.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 23:47
But whats garbage? What's garbage to you could be gold for others.

This post was posted from a T68i

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 05:08
Thank you very much. Such a nice complement from you. You have no idea at all!
Quote:

On 2002-06-22 19:55, marton wrote:
I think the moderators at Esato are to ineffective. They don't delete the junk messages.

[addsig]
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 07:01
Quote:

On 2002-06-22 19:55, marton wrote:

junk, like the advertisment of the club..... ?
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 07:19
I say we ban every clubsoneyericsson supporter in here.
[addsig]
GPRS
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 07:47
Ey morton, pls dnt blame the esato moderators!

This post was posted from a T68i

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 08:31
Peeps, this topic thread was started not to bash anyone. I don't care about that Club SE thing, I was just curious. But the reason I dont think I'll be visiting them again is that they aren't offering anything unique.

But ESATO is not the only forum for sony/ericsson phones on the web (howard forums, t68.com, etc), but it's only Club SE people that keeps on bugging esato people on how their site is much better, etc.
Wings_Talons
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 11:55
Whoever complains about moderators... certainly doesn't know how difficult and time consuming the job of a moderator is. The best way to experience it is to start your own chat room or something similar to that and then try and be the moderator of those who step in.

The moderators have been more than effective and they have also been quite understanding about the needs of 4000+ users who visit this forum. Remember everyone doesn't have the same needs, and as Laffen puts it, what is garbage to you - it might be gold for others. How do you differentiate it? The best way is to make sure that people post their messages in appropriate threads.

And to make the search more effective - as someone suggested - archive the old items. Anything older than, say 3 months, should be archived. And when searching, people should have the option to search both archive items and recent items.

And by the way, no one is advertising a competitor in this forum. Atleast that is not the way I look at it. I guess they are bringing it to the notice of all forum users that this forum is far better than any other forum in the world. If there are other forums which are better, then people will move there no matter how quite you keep over here.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi