Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > S700i Sound problems receiving and making calls.

12  Next
Author S700i Sound problems receiving and making calls.
mrmusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-26 14:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have had my phone now for a week and generally it's ok but for one slight problem..making calls. People can't hear me when I make or receive calls, they complain the sound is muffled or I sound distant. I have full signal, I'm not obscuring the microphone and it happens indoors or outdoors. I have resorted to using the headset for making calls which is good but not practical all the time.I will be retutning the phone the next chance I get for a replacement. Also the sound from video player recordings is very low. Has anyone else encountered these or any other problems with this phone?
nlhall
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-10-26 14:23
My call sound seem good, as for the sound from video player, you can use the volume buttons(on the side of the phone) to turn it up.

one thing i dont like is that the Bluetooth has to be on to transfer sound to my BT ear piece. my old P800 had an auto function which turned it on automatically.

you might be better getting it replaced under warrenty if it doesnt sound right
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-26 14:57
Sounds like a microphone malfunction.

Just get a replacement. [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-26 15:00
Quote:

On 2004-10-26 14:57:36, Krubach wrote:
Sounds like a microphone malfunction.

Just get a replacement.

Or speak in a very loud voice.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
mrmusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-27 12:28
Thanks for the replies folks.
My S700 has now this morning officially died! I was trying to look at pictures on my memory stick but got the message 'insert memory stick or save to phone'. The stick was in so I removed and reinserted it but still got no joy so I switched off the phone. That was it, the phone will not now turn on. I have tried charging it but the phone has no charging light and still cannot be switched on. I have spoken to O2 and a new phone should be on the way tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the replacement.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-27 13:34
@mrmusic

I had a similar problem the other day in that I couldn't turn my S700 on; attempts to charge it also failed. I removed the battery and then replaced it and it is now working fine.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
vineet_d
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-10-27 13:37
In most of the cases removing and reinserting the battery does the job
mrmusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-27 14:26
Cheers guys It worked! but forgot to say that was one of the first things I tried. The only difference was I cleaned the points on the battery this time.
Anyway it should'nt be doinng that and I've still got the call making problem so it's still going back tomorrow.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-27 14:35
@mrmusic

Hopefully your new model will be in fine working order.
normansdog
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 21:38
Hi
I have a new s700i and I have experienced both the muffled microphone and the won't-start problem, I also have a doesn't-receive-sms's problem (they can only be downloaded by power cycling the phone).
Did you get a new phone? and if so, is it better?
N.Dog
Raaab
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 22:44
Has anyone experienced random turning on of bluetooth? Seems weird, it sometimes re-activates after i've turned it off...

as for the sms-problem, my T610 used to do that when i received MMS messages when i set messaging to SMS only (rather than SMS and GPRS). One thing that may work is a setting i saw on my s700, try changing the message settings to ask you if you want to download the file, rather than download automatically
mrmusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 06:53
@normansdog

Hi,
Yeah,got my new phone and it seems ok so far (no lockup and switch off episodes ). The call quality seems better but I've only made a couple of calls with the new phone so far. I'll let you know if I get any further problems.
Have you changed your phone yet?

D_G
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 07:01
guys,
in general, what do you think of the S700?
im thinking to buy this phone for my wife, but what do you think of it? is it worth it? is there anything in the pipeline from SE that i should wait for?
in general, how does the S700 compare to its competitors from other brands like samsung, nokia and siemens?
i appreciate your answer. what could features does it have?
thanks!
mv agusta
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 07:30
And this threads become 's700 problems' area. :b My s700 didnt exp the same problems with u guys. Mine is unbranded, eventhough the phone speaker sound a little crash at full vol and at a certain midi/mp3.

This message was posted from a S700

Gooner Girl
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-22 11:16
I'm so glad I found this forum. I got my S700 on Friday and have had a weekend of people complaining that they can't hear me. I love the phone so far so was devastated at the prospect that this phone and I weren't compatible. A replacement is on it's way to me now and I feel much better knowing it's the phone's fault and not mine!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi