Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > check out www.club-sonyericsson.com now!

Previous  123  Next
Author check out www.club-sonyericsson.com now!
Mohawk
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-21 19:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes, its a good thing to have several places to discuss SE. It opens for more information to flow but it shouldnt be advertized in a competing forum! Thats bad manners! After all, these forums are competetive no matter what people say

This post was posted from a T39

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-21 19:25
there is nothing wrong with starting yet another forum/resource site for sonyericsson users. what is wrong with this is:

a) no originality, how pathetic that the fonts, colors, web style was COPIED from SonyEricsson web sites. i would love to hear what the legal department of SonyEricsson would say. The webmaster claims that they have permission to use the name SonyEricsson (oh, really) so they went over and above and copied the look and feel of SonyEricsson's websites.

b) in doing a) they are trying to make it appear that they are part of SonyEricsson (or sanctioned, or affiliated) and yet have conflicting disclaimer "This page has nothing to do with SonyEricsson. We are allowed to use the SonyEricsson logo and other pictures that belongs to SonyEricsson."

c) the use of Club SonyEricsson was taken directly from Club Nokia, again no originality here. and so is this - "Edward, Moderator: There should be a separate chat board here. I noticed in Esato that some people had turned the Esato forum into a Chat room! There's a chit chat for the Philippines, Sweden, Norway, Singapore, etc. ". Yeah right, improve on somebody else's idea...

that's what i mean by COPYCAT

howardforums is unique, tsixtyeigth.com is unique, but this site?
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 08:17
plus, what kind of different discussions could you possible expect over there? WE have every kind here, and I doubt you'll have different over there

so stop the bullshit.

[ This Message was edited by: lor on 2002-06-22 07:17 ]
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 08:30
besides, from how the trend goes... people, who reside in forums other than Esato's threads, usually transfer here... this is like the library of everything ericsson/sonyericsson.

[ This Message was edited by: ferrarista44 on 2002-06-22 07:33 ]
jr_rca
T600
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 10:05
arnoldc, ferrarista

are u guys from esato?
T68mi lunar grey
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 10:17
And I see they have used the Esato ranking images in the forum.
pogie
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-22 11:14
funny, the most talkative thread here seems to be the quietest thread there. me thinks that they all should get a life! have a break, have a kit-kat! come on now... is that the best they can do?

and they have mobile free zone there also! pathetic! copy cat!

they make me wanna
xilber
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 09:10
The Site Administrators of Club SonyEricsson ( http://www.club-se.com ) has nothing to do with the appearance of the Philippine Board in that web site. In fact, I don't think that they would even care putting a Philippine Board out of the blue and much more so if it was on their own volition.

When I visited the site on June 20, 2002 I noticed that there were three existing national boards, namely: Norwegian, Danish, and Swedish. There was no Philippine Board that time nor any other national boards except those mentioned.

It was just an innocent suggestion that I had made to the Site Admin: Why not add another national board for the Philippines? So they granted my request - it became the 4th national board. It was as simple as that. Mind you Pinoys, they don't give a damn whether the Philippine Board exists or not!

So don't blame them. Just put the blame on me guys!!!

[ This Message was edited by: xilber on 2002-06-23 08:27 ]
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 10:33
xilber/edward (club-se moderator) and marton, the problem is also with YOU TWO! you come here promoting your "perfect" site and degrading esato by saying
Quote:

On 2002-06-22 16:15, xilber wrote:
Yes, I'm satisfied with the content of Esato. But hell Noooo!! I'm not satisfied with the user interface. One more thing, it's been existing for quite sometime now and yet it is still buggy!

and yet you were not able to mention any single bug you've "found" at Esato.

And people like marton has the intelligence to call Esato moderators "to (sic) inefficient"
Quote:

On 2002-06-22 19:55, marton wrote:
I think the moderators at Esato are to ineffective. They don't delete the junk messages.

Now you still think we will like that site, if the people there are like the two of you? Bad move guys. [addsig]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-28 00:20
Well, I dont think its a very smart move,..to say "not so good" things about another forum,,while promoting ones own.

I have to agree with you Arnold !

I speak with moderators on e.g. Tsixtyeight.com on different occasions,..they dont have a problem with Esato,..and Esato dont have any problems with them
Users come and go on both these sites,..no problems at all thats the way it should be done !

And yes,..I'm a moderator in here,..and I never say bad things about another forum/site/or the people moderating it.
I would never dream of it !

Jan

marton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-28 01:03
Ok guys. Maybe I was a little bit hard.

But why cant you handle some constructive critique. Why dont say bad things about the forum or the moderators. What if someting is bad, the users must say what they think, and then you can improve those things. I'm not trying to make esato users become Club-SE users. I'm just saying that i think Club-SE is better than Esato because there isn't so much inrelevant material. The moderators here are way to tolerant with the garbage-discussions. And I'm saying this becouse I know that you guys can be better, Esato (as well as Club-SE) can be mutch more better.
The purpose of my critique is to make Esato to a better site. And if people just say good things about you, the site will never ever be better.

There is nothing that is perfect, everything can be better!

/marton
marton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-28 01:07
Buy the way guys, why don't upgrade to phpBB Version 2?

It would be great!

laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-06-28 02:14
The reason why you sometimes find "garbage" posts on Esato is the large number of posts written each day. On peak days, over 1100 posts are written in this from which is more than the number of posts made to Club-se in its 10 days lifespan. It's a time consuming process for the moderators to go through all these posts every day, and of course we'll miss some of them. Just let us know if you find something that shouldn't be here, and we will take a look at it.

@marton
I'll give you three reasons why we haven't upgraded to version 2:
1. Why change something that's working fine.
2. A large number of modifications have been made to the current version. WAP, ranks etc. This makes it difficult to upgrade.
3. It takes time. New services (themes, screensaver upload) are prioritised.
Eamonn
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-06-28 09:21
Please son't change to version 2 laffen. It makes me
Bajie
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-28 09:50
Chill out guys.

We all know Sony would have to make a bulletin board.
There is nothing for sale commercially which does not have a bbs.
A corporate giant like Sony would be foolish not to use this medium for discussion and also a free way to get feedback on the quality of their product and what we, the users, want.

As far as copying Esato goes ... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic