Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Prick steals my T68i. Read this.

12  Next
Author Prick steals my T68i. Read this.
Sunpup69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-21 06:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Here I am in this cool disco here in Thailand last Saturday. I proudly have my T68i on my table looking cool as ever. I turn my head for less than two seconds and my phone was stolen. F**K I yell out loud. I start to panic lookng around to see who has it. Finally I leave and make a report at the local police. They call my number and some drunk as low life answers my phone. The police hand the phone to me and I ask to the thief, "Kuhn yu ti nai?" It means where are you in Thai. Of course he hangs up. F**! I try again and this time the phone is off. No problem I have a pin code. The next day I buy a new sim card and keep the same number. I borrow my GF Nokia 8210 for the time being.

Across the street from my apartment I notify all the phone vendors of my stolen phone. These guys sell both new and used phones everyday. The place is called the Night plaza and is always jammed with people. The nice thing is that in my city here "Korat" no one has a T68i and I have only seen ONE T68 sold at the Night pLaza.

Okay so I think the thief has NO charger for the phone and NO Thai menu either. He's going to sell it I'm sure. Anyway, last night I get a call from my pal at the Night plaza. Apparently his friends phone shop, located nearby has some guy trying to sell a...Yep T68i!!! His friend has no idea what its worth so he brings it over to my friend. My buddy asks him who is trying to sell him the phone. He replies "Oh some young Thai man." He tells him, "Tell him to hold on a minute." In the meantime I show up and examine the phone. Sure enough it's my phone complete with ALL my pics including one of me! hahahahah. The battery is just about dead and I can hardly make it through the menus. I call my police friend and he shows up. We then walk over to the booth where the thief is waiting to get a price on the phone. The police handcuff him and take him to the local Jail. Remember folks, you do NOT want to be in a Thai jail. Turns out the kid is a young soldier. He keeps asking the police "Beg Pardon Please?" I tell the cop.. "No F******G way!

Today I have to go back down to appear in the local court where he will be sentenced. Damn this is like Jack in the box drive through service! I also learned that my Sp cannot lock the IMEI on SE phones here!!! Ack!

Anyway, I'm just happy to have my phone back. I have learned a dear lesson as well...Keep the phone attached to you at all times! Another interesting thing is that the thief left his sim card in the phone when trying to sell it. The whole time the police had the phone, his buddies were calling like crazy. Heh heh.. Well, I'm just glad to be back because I know you all missed me! j/k

Cheers

Kurt
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-06-21 07:57
Well, that guy was an amateur phone thief Glad you got your phone back. [addsig]
brownjs
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 21:27
very luck inded
mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 21:31
Yeah you are very lucky. Someone stole my phone and I never got it back.
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 21:32
Yeah you were lucky to get your phone back but I'm sure you're glad you did! Just learn by the error of leaving it on the table! I never do this as it's just asking to be stolen. I don't even do it a work as my old T28w went walk abouts there once and the place is quite respectable!

Did you have insurance on your phone?

Ed [addsig]
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 21:35
Quote:

On 2002-06-23 21:31, mhorton wrote:
Yeah you are very lucky. Someone stole my phone and I never got it back.

mhorton what happened about your phone? Did you manage to claim it on your house insurance?

Ed [addsig]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 21:46
Sunpup69 > you're extremly lucky getting it back. I suppose with there not being very many it kinda maks it easier to get it back

edwardm > it was me who was trying to claim it on house insurance and yeah i did get £250 back, which was what i spent on the phone originally so im happy, but keeping the money for my P800
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 21:56
"I proudly have my T68i on my table looking cool as ever."

sorry, thats all i've read....as if you weren't asking for that to be stolen???
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:06
Quote:

On 2002-06-23 21:46, MixiN wrote:
Sunpup69 > you're extremly lucky getting it back. I suppose with there not being very many it kinda maks it easier to get it back

edwardm > it was me who was trying to claim it on house insurance and yeah i did get £250 back, which was what i spent on the phone originally so im happy, but keeping the money for my P800

Oh right sorry Mixin - good result though at least you got your money back! What phone are you using now?

Ed

[ This Message was edited by: edwardm on 2002-06-23 21:08 ]
jamojdm
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:12
When I go out clubbing I dont even take my T68, I take an old 5110 with my sim card in it, that way if it gets stolen I still keep my T68!!!

But theres a big lesson to everyone, always keep your phone on you! and preferably in a sealed pocket!

Jamo
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:19
its a 3310 i use now.... not great, but it gets me by...
and i think jamojdm has the right idea about taking your T68's out clubbing
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:31
Yep always keep mine in a sealed pocket when I go out! Megga paranoid about losing it on a night out!.

Mixin> At least you've got the P800 to look forward to!

Ed [addsig]
mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:38
edwardm

No claimed on my phone insurance. That's how I got mine T68i. I knew the manager in Carphone Warehouse. Which was nice. I have had it now for 2 months or so
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:48
Quote:

On 2002-06-23 22:38, mhorton wrote:
edwardm

No claimed on my phone insurance. That's how I got mine T68i. I knew the manager in Carphone Warehouse. Which was nice. I have had it now for 2 months or so

Hehe was getting confused with two people having their phone stolen! I wouldn't go without my phone insurance! I've only claimed once in 7 years for my T28 but it's still worth it for peace of mind! At least in this thread all is well that ends well!

Ed [addsig]
mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 22:59
Yeah true. I have had a mobile for 6 years and I have only claimed once as well.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi