Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T68m -> T68i upgrade problems

Author T68m -> T68i upgrade problems
SunandRain6
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 21:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all!

I recently upgraded my T68m to the T68i software, and now I'm having all sorts of difficulties...
Worth to mention is that during the upgrade, it stopped half way through the first time. The phone could not be started then, so I returned it again, and they upgraded it again and now it's got the software, but with problems... Don't know if the first interrupted upgrade had anything to do with that?!

When calling or receiving a call everthing goes in slowmotion...
If I press NO to hang up it takes about 2 seconds to respond, and when somebody tries to call me and I press YES, it takes about 1-2 seconds as well before the phone reacts... This is quite annoying and didn't happen with the old software...
And also, when trying to e-mail a picture from my MCA-20, it always gets broken off after 2-4 KB... And when it stays at 2KB for example, it never continues after a while... It's just stuck... So I can't e-mail any pictures, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of it... And I've tried with several different SMTP's, and it's exactly the same on all!

Anybody got any comments, or?
Is this exclusive to my phone, or are anybody else experiencing the same?
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 21:45
no problems whatsoever. [addsig]
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 22:07

the failed upgrade probably caused a memory error in the phone... so just go back to the servicepoint, and make sure you get a replacement unit, cause another upgrade will most likely not fix your problem.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi