Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Bluetooth-show in Amsterdam :)

123  Next
Author Bluetooth-show in Amsterdam :)
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 22:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What a nice show,..went there with Nexlink,..showing the Bluespoon.

Saw/tried some of the following devices : SE P-800, HBH-30, Nokia 7650, 8910, Nokia bluetooth headset, Plantronics headset, Philips headset, philips Fisio 820 phone, Fujitsu Siemens LOOX pda, Toshiba pocket pc, and a lot of other stuff

Asked Sonyericsson if the P-800 would get the Memory-stick,..didnt get a straigh answer,..they just smiled
SonyEricsson's vice president had just spoken on the podium about the importance of Memory-stick,..soooo

Also asked Nokia about bluetooth headset profile in 7650,..it wont get this,..at least not from the beginning,..might come as a software-upgrade 7650 should be out very soon.

Tried out Nokia bluetooth headset,..Sound was quite okay. Spoke to an answering-machine in Finland, hehe.

HBH-30 headset,..really nice,..fits well. Rubber-like ear-hook,..this headset seems a lot smaller than e.g. HBH-10,15.

A bit disappointed about the Fujitsu Siemens LOOX pda,...looks very plastic-like,..clumsy
Toshiba 310 pocket pc was very good looking !

P-800,..very nice,..much better looking in real life than on pictures
Not that big really,..looks neat,..solid built !

7650,..nice one,..just gotta get used to the joystick,..its rubber-like. As with P-800, the 7650 doesnt appear "that big",..actually quite nice looking,.."feels" good

8910,..quite good looking,..nice feel to it

Of course there were some very nice bluetooth-news/solutions and so on,..e.g. gps navigation, voice over ip, bluetooth gaming devices,..and some very good-looking notebooks !

Nextlink didnt have a stand down there,..we were there with our japanese partners. People were very interested in the Bluespoon.
Got a lot of visitors from the "big guys".
Also this was the perfect oppotunity to try out the Bluespoon's sound-quality in an enviroment with a lot of noice and a lot of other bluetooth devices,...the sound-quality is very good,..and you could easily go 10 metres away from the phone, and still the sound was crystal-clear,..so happy about this
people trying the Bluespoon were very impressed,..thats nice !

All in all a great show in Amsterdam, where you could speak/get in contact with all the right people,..it was a business to business congress/expo.

Jan

lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 22:17
release the bluespoon already lol
Ericsson R520m - Nokia 9300i - Nokia E90 - iPhone 8Gb
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 22:19
Hehe,..believe me,..we're working on it

Jan
kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 22:29

Interesting.. Oh, I can't wait for the Bluespoon and all the other Blue-products!!

Ah.. P800 with MemoryStick would be the ultimate mobile! There were rumours some time ago about P800 undergoing a "minor" hardware-makeover by SonyEricsson, I assume that they are talking about the MemoryStick.

You guys know what would be really cool for the P800? Sony is the King of home electronics right? And P800 has IR right? How about a built-in remote-control unit for home-entertainment electronics (like tv, stereo, DVD, VCR) in P800? That would make the phone rock!

Have you guys seen Philips selling an apparatus at roughly the same size as P800 and with a touch-screen.. no, it's not a mobile phone, ONLY a remote-control. And its price is really high.

Nowadays, you must give people more and more reasons to spend money on new mobiles, and with a hefty pricetag that the P800 certainly will have, there must be built-in functions that replace other devices. You must make people think: "Sooo.. if I get this, I don't have to buy this, this, and this.. Oh.. How nice! Here's my credit card!"

What do you guys think about the idea? Maybe we could write an email to and make a proposal?
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 23:03
You can get a program for pocket pc and Palm too I believe,..and turn it into a remote control,..so I guess it could be done too in e.g. java, for the P-800.

This phone/pda really rocks,..its very good looking in real life,..doesnt seem that big either.

I dont know if P-800 will actually get the Memory-stick,..but it just might...and we can hope so

jan

kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 23:12

Really? I didn't know about those programs for Pocket PC and Palm. How much do they cost? I just think that it would be good to have this function already programmed in, in P800 since it's SonyEricsson.. and Sony is the king of home-electronics appliances.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 23:34
I dont believe these programs are that expensive,..just remembered that I saw one of those programs, while surfing another pda-program site.

I think I saw it at www.handango.com or tucows.com.

Jan
pb76
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-17 00:19
kevin81: I have tried one program to my PalmV to turn into a remote control. Didnt work that good becase the ir in the Palm i weak. But you can by en external ir and put it on your Palm.
OmniRemote: http://www.pacificneotek.com/omniProfsw.htm

jh67:
you have to release the bluespoon soon, im dying here!! Have followed you previous thread about the development and other stuff surrounding ut, and i want one now!!!
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 01:39
Jh67, I'll have to hold the P800 myself to believe you
shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 04:13
@ Deltayoda

if you look at the howard Chui's page, he's got some pictures of the p800 in his hand under the Sony Ericsson CBit report link...it looks fair and the white papers have it slightly larger than T68
La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Looking for a smartphone with GSM 850 and EDGE. Hoping the P1000 will come through...
Npalamidis
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 06:00
All the Sony Clie PDA´s have a improoved IR port, and they have included in the software a Remote control program.

It works very good with this port.

if you use a standard IR port you won´t be able to "control" your TV or anything if you get over 30cm away of your tv.

About the P800 I´ve read that it uses Symbian OS, wich is very Similar to PALM and PPC, http://www.handago.com has a lot of software that you should be able to install at the P800.

check this link they have some nice pics and also there is a video of the P800
http://www.cellularmania.kataweb.it/novita/ericsson/sonyericsson2002/index_foto.shtm

Nicos

[ This Message was edited by: Npalamidis on 2002-06-17 05:04 ]
x-daemon
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 09:47
waooww...

p800 looks really very small, i want one of it!!!
| P800
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 10:36
Woow it looks better and better for each time I sees it
kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 10:49

mrNoodles: Yeah.. and I think that you, all of us will really get swept away when we hold P800 in our hands for the first time!

Npalamidis: Oh, I didn't know that about Sony Clie PDAs have that software included. Let's hope that put an improved IR port in P800 too and include the software.

Pb76: sorry that the SW didn't work so well on your PALM because of the weak IR port. Let's all wait for the release of P800!

Btw, have any of you guys heard of the magpie technology that will be implemented in P800? Here's what Magpie is capable of doing:

"So what makes Magpie so special? Imagine this; you've planned a sunday picnic, but want to make sure you don't up eating while it's raining bats. With Magpie, a weather forecast item could be embedded in the listing for the picninc in your Agenda, displaying a small icon next to it to show the expected weather. Information could be retrieved dynamically from an online weather service twice a day, using GPRS and thus almost no bandwidth.

Another example would be for airlines; for busy travelers, it would be nothing less than a miracle to have their P800 beep to alert them that their plane has been delayed, and have the listing for the flight be updated accordingly in their calendar. Heck, throw in gate information and a something about what meal is being served as well, and you might have enough info to decide whether you want - and have time to - eat in an airport restaurant instead. I could go on forever."

With this technology P800 automatically downloads the relevant information needed for you at that moment according to your schedule. Almost like an intelligent secretary Cool huh?

You can read more about magpie at: http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=1682
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 11:02
Hehe I guess I will, the size is the thing that gets me most impressed - its not so much bigger than our "precious" T68
And with all features packed inside!! Lets hope for a "Mem.Stick upgrade" also!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi