Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Horrible Nokia 6600 to 7610 Experience!

Previous  1234  Next
Author Horrible Nokia 6600 to 7610 Experience!
blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 08:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Those are the things that Nokia tried to hide behind the cosmetics and fancy features that they load into their new phones. Some people are too blinded by the nice little features that Nokia flashes in their adverts and fail to recognize more practical matters. In the end though it's still meeting your needs that matters, brand is irrelevant IMO.
resistance is futile.
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 09:48
talk about advert!!. have u seen the SE advert touting the K700 as mp3 player? i couldnt stop laughing.
blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 09:50
yeah i know what you mean... It's really funny if you don't understand it
resistance is futile.
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 10:17
cheers to you too... even though i dont get what u mean.
boto43
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 13:51
Quote:
he only way I could see to do it is to have both devices synchronised with a pc running MS Outlook, which in this case was impossible as his PC has no IR port or BT Dongle for the 6600 (the 7610 comes with synch lead)

I think easy help for that :
just to buy or irda dongle.Not so big problem to be mentioned here.

[ This Message was edited by: boto43 on 2004-09-24 12:52 ]
jomni1
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-25 04:06
RE: transfering contacts when upgrading phones...

What I don't like about nokia is their lack of connectivity options that come with the basic package. The P8 and P9 came with a cradle that lets you synchronize your phone. I used the P800 before. In my case, when I bought the 6600, there's no cable or cradle. You have to buy it separately. Good thing i already have an IR device. The s60 is supposed to be PDA-like and flexible (possiblity of 3rd party software) Nokia should expect that people need someting to connect it with a computer. But they did not include it in the package. Good thing they did in the 7610.

I have no problems with the Nokia Suite. It does the synchronizing process effectively. It's just bad that Nokia didn't include a sync cable in the package. I guess it's a marketing ploy so that we spend a little more buying the cables. But 3rd party generic cables are available and are qutie cheap so there's no real fuss about it.

Sending thru BT is actually the last thing in my mind when I bought my 6600. I know there's an outlook sync software included and my investment in an IR device for my PC payed off (since i can use it with my next phone... whatever the brand).
kenzoden
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-25 06:14
We've been through this issue countless times and this won't be the last.

There are always advantages and disadvantages between different phones and brands. Just a matter of whether they have the features to do what the user requires. Doesn't mean it doesn't do what the user wants, makes it a bad phone. It's probably just not the right phone to suit the user's needs.

It's important to do some homework and research on a phone you're keen on before buying them. After all, it's a significant investment.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-09-30 11:50
Quote:

On 2004-09-24 07:41:04, mib1800 wrote:
nitrofan:

agreed with u here to a point. most people would be defensive on issues related to what they owned. however, i disagreed with your over-the-top topic heading (a.k.a bashing for sake of bashing)

The issue here is not that it cannot do the function you want but just not in the way u want. Furthermore, it is a one function that most people would not need on a daily basis.

i give you one example in which your kind of topic heading is justifiable ==> the exclusion of T9 text input in SE P800.

Ehh I do not see my heading was over the top at all, rather it is a statement of fact! The plain and simple truth is I had to waste three plus hours of IMHO very valuable time! to perform a task I could have performed in one very qick simple operation on an SE phone!

Please explain to me how that constitutes "bashing for sake of bashing" facts are facts and cannot be changed no matter what slant you put on them, I do appreciate some people buy on brand loyalty or what they consider to be "cool" only, I however buy on functionality, and take time to research the functionality of any device before I part with my cash, this means I am not so defensive of my devices faults as I know what I am getting before I spend my hard earned cash.
I am beginning to wish I had not bothered to share my experience with the Nokia product with this particular section of Esato my motive was to make others aware of the undeniable shortcomming of the 6600 in that particular area but others seem to have a much narrower view of things.

Pointing to completely unrelated facts such as the unavailability of T9 input on the P800 (I agree totaly this was an oversight by SE given the phone was aimed at people on the move! Indee despite much research on the P800 when it was launched I had to return mine after 6 weeks as it was so bug ridden it simply was of no use to me) is of little relevence to this particular debate IMHO
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-30 14:40
@nitrofan

if ur friend has been using the 6600, then ur friend would be unlikely to not have used the PC suite before. And ur friend would have known there is an utility in PC Suite to transfer the contacts easily. This "horrible" experience should not even have surfaced in the first place.

suffice to say, if a person is as unfamiliar in using the P900 as ur friend is in using the 6600, then most probably this person would also have spend hours transfering contacts to P900. so in this case would u use the label "Horrible P900 to Pxxx Experience". I doubt so because u r an owner of a P900.

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-09-30 16:44
And I've had a horrible experience buying a Nokia 7610 to an SE K700i back then . . .
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-10-03 13:35
Quote:

On 2004-09-30 14:40:24, mib1800 wrote:
@nitrofan

if ur friend has been using the 6600, then ur friend would be unlikely to not have used the PC suite before. And ur friend would have known there is an utility in PC Suite to transfer the contacts easily. This "horrible" experience should not even have surfaced in the first place.

suffice to say, if a person is as unfamiliar in using the P900 as ur friend is in using the 6600, then most probably this person would also have spend hours transfering contacts to P900. so in this case would u use the label "Horrible P900 to Pxxx Experience". I doubt so because u r an owner of a P900.

Hello again if you read the thread you may just find that the guy did not then have a pc! I still stick to my original point I was merely pointing out that transfering all contacts from a 6600 to another Nokia device was a difficult process without the additional cost of a PC (are they free of charge where you are? where as it can be acomplished in a single action using a SE "T"series or "P"series you do not need to be very familiar with these devices as they are standard menu items! try looking at one, I am sure you would be able to acomplish it within minutes even if your unfamiliar with SE devices

I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-10-03 13:43
Quote:

On 2004-09-25 06:14:29, kenzoden wrote:
We've been through this issue countless times and this won't be the last.

There are always advantages and disadvantages between different phones and brands. Just a matter of whether they have the features to do what the user requires. Doesn't mean it doesn't do what the user wants, makes it a bad phone. It's probably just not the right phone to suit the user's needs.

It's important to do some homework and research on a phone you're keen on before buying them. After all, it's a significant investment.

@kenzoden Hi there I think you have put your point very well but logic will never triumph over the "diehard enthusiasts" vision of their chosen brand.

They will use any kind of argument to defend their favourite's offering logic and fact will have little place in their argument as they use the traditional "Ah yes but" defence in the face of any logical debate!

Facts are facts you simply cannot claim a device can do what it cannot do, if it dont do it, it dont do it period! no matter how many variables and "Ah yes but's" you throw in
imran_soorya
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-08 13:23
i suggest we can backup the phone memory on the memory card and then restore it on the other phone
hugh_lee
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 18:20
i'm not sure why you'd have to spend hours transferring your contacts. i recently transferred contacts from my lowly 5210 to a 6600.i transferd contacts to my sim first, all that the sim could handle, about 250, then transferred the sim to the 6600 and copied sim directory to the phone memory.i had to do it twice but certainly i didnt hve to spend three hours as one of you posted, and most certainly i didnt have to use a cable much more a PC. i dont know if transferring contacts from a 6600 to a 7610 is a different thing, but i checked and you could choose the "mark all" option, then transfer to sim directory. easy, if that was what your friend was trying to do.

oh, and to the 'happy P900 user', i,m sorry but not all of us can afford the P900.maybe you should have advised your friend to get the P900..if he could afford it, of course.
The Iron Lung
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-10-11 20:25
It only takes a second to trensfer a contact on BT anyway/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi