Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K700 online update service is back up!

Previous  123 ... 484950
Author K700 online update service is back up!
ZeluR
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-11-09 19:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-10-15 18:17:50, dualist wrote:
I have an unlocked K700i with a DSS-25 deskstand, and was having exactly the same problem with the SEUS - every time it said it was ready to update the device, it would then suffer a "communication error" and ask me to remove the battery and try again. After a whole day of trying various things, I gave up on SEUS.

I managed to flash it with the Davinci client and my DSS-25. This involved downloading the latest version of the client from http://www.davinciteam.com, along with the DSS-25 'fix' from the Downloads section, and buying a credit with my PayPal account. Flashing to the latest firmware (R2AT003) was then a relatively simple (yet nervewracking!) process.

Having the same problem. SE support say that I've to take it to a service center where they can flash it, because something is locked in the communication port in the K700i. The support doesn't asked for log files so they really could look into the problem, they just say take it to a service center. Can't belive that they can't fix this "issue" with SEUS... I just bought the DSS-25 (quite expencive) so I could update the phone and then it doesn't work, so I've to spend more money to update it on a service center and then I don't know if it will work next time to flash it with upcoming fw or if I've to take it to a service center again.
If DavinciTeam could flash your phone (and probably mine - think I will try it) why can't SE make there SEUS do the same job. [addsig]
Jay_jay
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-02-20 12:02
Hi all,
my first post and it's because I'm looking for some help.
I have a no brand phone (unlocked K700i ) and a DSS-20.
I'm trying to update the firmware with SEUS (rev 2.2.13.7) but whenever it starts the detection of mobile phone, it says: "detection failed".
What's wrong ?
I have the latest version of java, allowed popup for ericsson.com site (I'm using firefox on a win2000 and also on a XP SP2 os).
What else do I have to check ?
I got the same problem with three different mobile phones (2 K700i and a Z1010).
FMA is able to use the dss-20 and works perfectly.
Any hint is really appreciated.
Best regards,
Gianluca
Jay_jay
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-02-20 14:09
Hi all,
it seems that I solved the problem.
I installed SEUS rev 2.2.10 ... then started and automatically upgraded to 2.2.13.7b.
Started the procedure that previously failed and now I have the latest firmware loaded.
Thanks for you great community that allowed me to solve the problem
kirp
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 20:11
hi i have prob with updating soft....i have dss-25 with p910 and i instaled dss drivers but they r still appearing like dss-20 and when i want to update phone update service will allways stuck in that that he thinks docking station isnt pluged in but it is. can somebody help me where can be problem?

i tried reinstal drivers it didnt helped but i can make backup and everything just update service isnt working

thank
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-14 20:50
Is it possible to use a standard data cable to update a K700? Or do you need to own a DSS-25 sync station? I'm sure i read on here you must have a dss-20/25

Thanks
Vince
* No questions asked *
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 484950
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic