Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Suitable for the Job

Author Suitable for the Job
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 15:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@kimcheeboi - With your last post it is more of a 'hot and cold' combination . . . it doesn't even mix when making a coffee . . .

Vlammetje - So, you are quite getting a good number of votes even back then up till here and now . . . Now, given a choice, just who will your best candidates here . . . name at least 3, please!

@whizzkid - Mine is for a definitive approach '@' sign - as I have said as well as before! No one and no one can just 'stop' me from posting that here in the Forum mate, I just have given up all my 'smileys' and I will definitely not letting go of my '@' sign whatever the consequences maybe !
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-07 15:49
All mods are here, think @masseur likes to be busy or he has a light workplace.

This message was posted from a T630

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:00
@Vanquish

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong; forgive and forget and all that!
Of course it takes a very pompous man to use such a situation for his own benefit, I am that pompous, hence this gasbag of a reply!:P
Seriously though, I would agree with you about the obsession some have with issues such as the post count, but with an exception; the problem isn't that these issues are being discussed, it is that it is the same discussion over and over again with little or no new ideas or opinions being forwarded. It also seems to be the case that it is the same members who discuss such issues time and again.
I see nothing wrong with discussing such issues if the discussion is allowed to move forward rather than degenerate into the mindless drivel that it usually becomes.
Anyway, back on topic!

@all

I believe Vlamm is in the lead then. One would almost think that she had been forwarded as a moderator before!:P
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:01
Quote:

On 2004-09-07 15:34:10, whizkidd wrote:
Btw, who was the first mod here at Esato whom Laffen chose?

That was jh67.
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:05
@jn you're a regular comedian :-D

This message was posted from a T610

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:05
@tranquil - So whatever happened to him - @jh67 ? Did he quit his job? Looks like he is not very active here at esato nowadays mate . . .
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:08
Quote:

On 2004-09-07 15:44:41, Ayush wrote:
I really am not pointing out fingers but aren't there some very 'dormant' mods here itch as arnoldc or cytech? Or is masseur just good enough?

I think you are confusing 'not posting many posts per day' with 'dormant'. they are two different things. At least for cytech I can say he is around

Besides i didn't think this thread was for open criticism to current moderators. I think there is another means for doing that if you feel it is justified.

Quote:

On 2004-09-07 15:48:10, JN wrote:
Vlammetje - So, you are quite getting a good number of votes even back then up till here and now . . . Now, given a choice, just who will your best candidates here . . . name at least 3, please!

As it happens, I have never given the matter much thought. I am one of those who believe that esato is in capable hands as it is. If there should be a new moderator I think laffen will be able to decide in the best interest of all of us. Therefore I cannot give you any 3 candidates...... I might not even be able to come up with 3 names if I had given it thought!
It's not an easy job and I can't really come up with one... let alone 3 (!!) names just like that.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:31
@ayush - Being a 'comedian' here at esato almost on a 24/7 ? basis is no laughing matter - as it is with that of being a clown! Specially now that I have just given up all of my smileys at your request mate . . . My posts looks as dull and dead as before . . . Only my smileys can bring back the life with those of my replies . . .

Vlammetje - Okidoki !
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:38
Quote:

On 2004-09-07 16:05:57, JN wrote:
@tranquil - So whatever happened to him - @jh67 ? Did he quit his job? Looks like he is not very active here at esato nowadays mate . . .

jh67 is a busy man. I do believe he's mentioned having to quit his job as a moderator because of other obligations.

he is still around on the web though
mince-inside
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 16:52
A moderator (not just in this community) is someone who is respected, is approachable and has excellent diplomacy skills. In my very limited 4 months on Esato I have to say no one jumps to mind that is not already a mod.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-07 17:02
I find myself agreeing with mince-inside on the issue of their being no member that would immediately jump to mind as being suitable moderator material, with the exception of Vlamm of course; mind you, if pachy were still here ...
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-07 17:09
I think i'd be perfect for the job...
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 17:17
@vlam was it really you who was saying at guru that conversations can take twists and turns?eh? @jn i never barred you to not to use smileys at all! Two per post is adequate ;-)

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 17:22
I guess another 'eligible' candidates would just be - @sir sony_ ericssonman and @orangeman (former, forgot his new username) !
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-07 17:24
Wapchimp :-)

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic