Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Outlook Sync - Contacts folder(s)

Author Outlook Sync - Contacts folder(s)
azr@el
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 10:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have searched countless sites and still no answer to this...

Even SE themselves emailed back with a page from the manual - if the answer was in the manual, would i really contact them??

Anyway, I need to be able to synchronise my p900 with 2 outlook contacts folders..

I need the contacts from my private folder, as well as the contacts in our networks administrator contacts folder...

is it possible to do it directly??

if not, can anyone suggest how this could be done in a 'round-about' kind of way???

Thanks
a_p_a_n_d_e_y
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 11:03
I usually create a separate (3rd in your case) contacts folder which is in sync with my phone. I first set this folder up by merging / copying contacts from other contacts folders (my personal, office, not so useful etc) and then sync this with the phone
Much easier also when you want to just pick up a softcopy of you mobile contacts on a disc. And organizing contacts on a PC is pretty easy
a_p_a_n_d_e_y - a_p900
azr@el
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 11:30
Thanks for that, but....

is it possible to have this 3rd folder automatically synchronising with the other 2 folders?

if one of the other folders is updated (especially the admin contacts - this is updated very regularly), the 3rd folder is also updated??

shiphen
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 23:08
Yes I cant see the merit of having a second copy of my Contacts file within Outlook. Presumably all that's going to happen is that these two versions of Contacts withing Outlook then become out of synch with each other. (Or am I missing something?)

Ship
Shiperton Henethe
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi