Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Configurate Palm 505 with T68 using GPRS

12  Next
Author Configurate Palm 505 with T68 using GPRS
magake
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-11 13:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am trying to use my Palm 505 with my T68 using GPRS. It doesn´t work. Anyone who got any idea ?
RANDYC
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-01-11 23:07
Hi!

I'm using my palm m125 to browse the web thru wap over GPRS ( over the cellphone ). the settings I use is network dependent on my country (philippines), but you can try www.mapalad.org then go to their help section. Maybe you can just change some settings in the online instruction to suit your own network then input it in your palm.
I also went to a german website regarding use of palm via GPRS access and the settings are almost identical except for the password and username.

Hope this help.
sindu
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-01-15 11:18
this is operator sensitive...you need to consult with your cell service provider coz you might need the IP address, GPRS phone # and gateway. You would need to configure both the M505 and T68. I am in Singapore using Singtel service and would be glad to give you assistance if you use the same service provider.
theAnsweringMachine
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-18 15:48
This document saved my life
www.m1.com.sg/m1/wap/PalmGPRST39T68.pdf

Now I can get my Palm m505 to surf and sync
thru my T68.

Imagine finding the info I need in Singapore
How cool isn't that on a scale from 10 to 10?
kafka
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 10:16
I have exactly the same problem here in the UK. I am using an m505, t68 and i am on Vodafone. Both Palm UK and Vodafone themselves have instructions to set up the connection on GPRS over Infrared but I have tried all three variations they offer with no success. Has anyone managed to get one or more of these methods to work or is it down to me using GPRS1 tarrif on Voda-ie no fixed charges, I only pay for the data i use?

Thanks for any suggestions.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 11:45
-

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-03-06 13:35 ]
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 11:46
We have an existing thread on the same topic. You may want to look at the \"palmOS + ericsson\" in the technical forum for more info. It is to everyone's benefit if we search the threads for similar discussions first before asking a question.

This post was posted from a T39

kafka
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 12:11
Like I didn't try searching before I posted. All I got was this thread, obviously...
kafka
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 12:23
Perhaps in future you could hold off on redirecting me to a thread that contains no helpful information on my problem. I have just wasted my time ploughing through all those messages for no benefit.

To reiterate:

I have been through the methods posted by Palm UK and Vodafone UK for connecting an m505 to a t68 via IR and using GPRS to no avail.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could let me know if they have succeeded with any of those methods.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 13:47
@kafka

my objective is only to help. as you have said, you have already tried what the others have been sucessfully using to no avail.

if you are also using the same SP (and phone model ) and the recommended setting wont work with your setup, then obviously something in your setting is different.

Assuming that GPRS is indeed an activated service to your account, and GPRS coverage is available in the area. All that is left are the phone and/or pda settings.

How about posting those settings you're using right now, and ask the others to have a look if you missed something?
kafka
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 14:18
Don't misquote me-I have been asking if anyone has used the settings successfully, and so far no luck.

The Vodafone settings can be found at:
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cgi-bin/COUK/flexible_raw.jsp?
category=phonesandpriceplans+pdas+palm+500+config_p1&
channel=Phones+%26+Price+Plans&menupath=2,4&BV_SessionID=
@@@@1843656406.1015419942@@@@&BV_EngineID
=cadcdglgihggbekgcgjcffgdnj.0

and the Palm ones at:
http://www.palm.com/uk/mobile/gprs.html

GPRS coverage is very good where I am and I have been using it all the time for WAP on the t68, so that's not the problem.

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-03-11 17:52 ]
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 15:05
@kafka, I will check them out when i get back to my desktop. And my original reply in this thread was not meant for you but for @magake, it just happened that it was posted after your post.

This post was posted from a T39

kafka
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 21:37
Apologies for the misunderstanding on my part. I have contacted Vodafone themselves but have had no reply as yet. Also, I have been experimenting with variations on the setups I have, just in case one of them contains a misprint. If you actually go to the Vodafone URL I posted, you will see that the screenshots do not match their instructions, but if you go by the screenshots it doesn't work either, at least for me. Perhaps its the curse of R1B. Am I the world's only t68 user with the original software?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-07 00:58
If it's okay with you, post your current palm and T68 settings or send them via PM.

I'd like to have a look at it.
handleyg
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-11 15:27
It looks like I am having the same problem in the UK.
I have an Ericsson T68, Palm M505 and Vodafone GPRS account in the UK.

I have been banging my head against the wall since December as I cannot get my PDA to connect to the Internet.

Vodafone called me this morning and we went through everything they can think of. They have gone away to think again. If anyone has any ideas I would love to give it a try.

Here goes:
Ericsson T68
The Data account is called "Internet" (as that is the profile name in the Palm) and the CID=1;
APN: internet
User ID: ip
Password: ip
IP adress: blank
DND address: blank

On the Palm M505:
Service: Internet
User name: web
Password: web
Connection: IR to PC/Handheld
Connection type: PPP
Idle timeout: Never
Query DNS: Ticket
IP address: Automatic
Login Script:
Send: ATZ
Send CR:
Send: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet","0.0.0.0",0.0
Send CR:
End

Vodafone have checked the account and there has been no connection through GPRS even though the Palm thinks it is connected.

When I click on a web-clipping application the error "The DNS server address is not setup properly (Net 1250) appears.

Any ideas??

Regards
Glenn Handley
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi