Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > The @axxxr, @patrick, @anish and now @batesie fight thread!

Previous  1234  Next
Author The @axxxr, @patrick, @anish and now @batesie fight thread!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Why do i feel we going around in circles??...have'nt we already covered all this?...seems ridiculous!! [addsig]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:49
@patrick - you can, as long as @axxxr doesn't mind! He can always PM his age to you if he wanted to, and didn't want to post it here!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:50
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 18:28:41, Patrick-in-CA wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 18:03:23,

@ Bestine
The reason it is offensive is because it shows Bush as a Bigot. Not a Racist. And it is an anti-bush poster. If you posted it would that make you a racist? Answer please ...

i wouldnt post it in the first place. ps, check your spelling by the way.

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2004-07-26 18:15 ]
Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:55
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 18:50:00, batesie wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 18:28:41, Patrick-in-CA wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 18:03:23,

@ Bestine
The reason it is offensive is because it shows Bush as a Bigot. Not a Racist. And it is an anti-bush poster. If you posted it would that make you a racist? Answer please ...

i wouldnt post it in the first place. ps, check your spelling by the way.

But if you did ... or anyone who was preceived to be anti-bush posted it ... would they be assumed to be racist?

I'll check my spelling when you check your grammar and punctuation.

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2004-07-26 18:05 ]
Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:59
how weird. page format looks weird to me ... anyone else see that?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:07
I fixed it but I am pretty close to closing this thread
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:09
Fixed now - best not throw those insults about so hard next time!

@masseur - why close to closing this thread?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:16
no because open minded people would of realised how it would be percieved. ANYWAY, i have been anti-bush since before he was in power, because Exxon mobil (Esso) quietly gave $4million dollars to bush before he was elected. for bush to drop out of the Kyoto Treaty not long afterwards. even Korea has signed the treaty! and as the US of A creates almost 50% of the worlds pollution, its a growing concern to many people. [addsig]
anish
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:29
Refree I would like axxxr to come up with evidence to support his allegation (in the other threads) that I am hiding behind forums. And also if he don't have any evidence to corroborate the I would like hime to withdraw the allegation and appologise
Knowledge is two fold. Knowing a subject or knowing where to find out about a subject. I rely on both... That is why I come here.
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:49
I don't want to take sides here - just no personal insults, mmmkay?

Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:50
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 19:16:00, batesie wrote:
no because open minded people would of realised how it would be percieved. ANYWAY, i have been anti-bush since before he was in power, because Exxon mobil (Esso) quietly gave $4million dollars to bush before he was elected. for bush to drop out of the Kyoto Treaty not long afterwards. even Korea has signed the treaty! and as the US of A creates almost 50% of the worlds pollution, its a growing concern to many people.

I contend that open minded people would be able to understand satire.

ANYWAY

If Exxon gave Bush $4 million so quietly, how is it everyone knows about it?
Of course Exxon and other industry wanted the US to be out of the Kyoto treaty. It is in their best interest. As it happens to be also in the interest of a growing US economy - it happened to be the best position for a Republican like Bush to take. And with how our economy is going, I happen to think he's made a good choice. But that's just me.

And maybe if you'd like to entice the country that makes 50% of the pollution (you'll have to show me credible evidence of that by the way) to work with you - you'll need to come up with a better offer than what the Kyoto Treaty called for. Honestly ... what motivation does the US have to agree to strangle its economy after 9/11 and limit industry? The environment ... okay ... humm ...

So he question remains ... you say you wouldn't have posted it because it is so offensive. So then you do state that anyone who posts a racist or offensive or bigoted picture is definitely a racist or bigot? Is that your final answer???
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:51
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 19:29:56, anish wrote:
Refree I would like axxxr to come up with evidence to support his allegation (in the other threads) that I am hiding behind forums. And also if he don't have any evidence to corroborate the I would like hime to withdraw the allegation and appologise

My discussions are over with you anish!...there's no need to argue about the same thing in different threads.And you like me to appologise to you...how about keep dreaming. [addsig]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 19:55
@patrick - that's a bit short sighted off you re. the environment! We might be OK, but just think what the worlds going to be like in 50 years or so! We all seem to be so obsessed with our own insignificant lives that we cannot see the bigger picture. I would have thought a few years of the economy being a little less perky than usual would be a small price to pay for a cleaner planet (assuming we don't all blow ourselves up in pointless wars, that is! )

I've heard many times that the envoronmental problems we're storing up are much worse than anything Bin Laden and Co. could throw at us (Sorry, don't know where in particular that came from though!), so we should really wake up and smell the pollution.

Edit: And I hasten to add, I know it's not easy - I tend to take my car when really I should be walking or taking my bike.....

My Ebay Auctions -Nokia 3100 FS

[ This Message was edited by: Sammy_boy on 2004-07-26 18:58 ]
Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 20:06
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 19:55:11, Sammy_boy wrote:
@patrick - that's a bit short sighted off you re. the environment! We might be OK, but just think what the worlds going to be like in 50 years or so! We all seem to be so obsessed with our own insignificant lives that we cannot see the bigger picture. I would have thought a few years of the economy being a little less perky than usual would be a small price to pay for a cleaner planet (assuming we don't all blow ourselves up in pointless wars, that is! )

I've heard many times that the envoronmental problems we're storing up are much worse than anything Bin Laden and Co. could throw at us (Sorry, don't know where in particular that came from though!), so we should really wake up and smell the pollution.

Edit: And I hasten to add, I know it's not easy - I tend to take my car when really I should be walking or taking my bike.....

My Ebay Auctions -Nokia 3100 FS

[ This Message was edited by: Sammy_boy on 2004-07-26 18:58 ]

Honestly ... I agree. The environment is important. But when our economy was taking major hits ... including the worst terrorist attack in US history ... it just wouldn't make sense to strangle our livelihood. Without the strong economy we have, we wouldn't be able to wage war on terrorist. And without a strong economy - all this talk of how to better protect the environment would be moot ... as we wouldn't have any way to finance any environmental initiatives. We can debate the wisdom of it all - but the American people are in love with their cars. We love our lifestyle. We love our conveniences. If you're gonna convince us to do something else - you'll have to make a better deal. It's just the plain, simple truth.

The other part is the ambiguous "cleaner planet" part. People running around screaming "The world is ending - The world is ending" is how most environmentalists are taken here. Credibility needs to be built up.

I'm for economically and ecologically sustainable methods of production and consumption. But it will not happen fast - especially here in the US.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 20:09
@all - Excusem moi mates . . . I have said in another thread . . . there will never be an ending discussion if you will debate about the folllowing:

1. Politics
2. Religion
3. Food
4. Money
5. Women

and the latest addition . . .

6. Celfones

Just bring the issue in the proper forum - International Tribunal
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic