Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > big news for USA...and world??

Author big news for USA...and world??
shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 18:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
check it out...UTMS...real 3G in the USA...I wonder if this could be like the MMS upgrade (constantly postponned )

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=368
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 19:00

as usual... US is far behind the rest of the world

Japan and Isle Of Man has already working UMTS/3G networks... and several countries are on their way, many has already small test networks up and running...
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 19:06
This is big news just for the US!
The people in Europe and in the rest of the world they have nothiung to care about 3G and Cell phones generally!
With companies like Vodafone and T-Mobile everything is cool!
I am really happy who AT&T is gonna realease 3G network as the Europe is gonna do...
I am with Voicestream who the summer is gonna be T-Mobile and I hear they are gonna make the same network too!
Also cingular is gonna make the same!
The only problem is the Verizon and the sprind Pcs they want to make again the same bullshits like the 2G phones...
They want to make a deferend network....
I dont underrstund why Vodafone stay with Verizon in the US....
If you dont know that they are partner....
45% of the Verizon wirelles is Vosafone...
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 22:23
There are a lot of reasons why all this mobile technology in the US is far behind. Well, it’s not exactly behind, it just not as developed as it is in Europe and the rest of the world.

The problem is with FCC regulations. If you read a little history about it (Doubt you’ll find it online, hehe, but it’s public information), Motorola tried to put up a full GSM network in Southern California in '94 '95, but the problem was that the frequencies that the GSM mobiles used conflicted with the Sheriff Department and Fire Department. I think this is the whole reason why the US is now developing the GSM phones to use at 1900 MHZ. Then there was also a protest from amateur radio users complaining that there cell phone towers were interfering with them, but that's different.

In Europe, I don’t think people complain as much?

As far as I see it, I don’t think GSM will develop as easily as it did in Europe in the US due to a lot more problems like this, especially with this heavy competition right now with CDMA/TDMA phones.

This huge GSM network that Cingular developed in California wouldn’t have been possible without Motorola (And later on, AT&T). Those Cellular towers have been there for ages, unused, they just bought it and started using them again.

So please, all the idiots and morons that say, "Americans know nothing about Mobile Technology" get over your little power trip, I'm finding it very annoying. Take a look at each phones design, and you’ll notice that American companies make a lot of major components for all mobile phones and contribute a lot to GSM networks all over the world than you think.
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 22:35
Europeans, in particular in the uk are more willing to take a risk with technology. Hence gsm,3g ,car technology and digital tv services for example are introduced quicker in the EU

This post was posted from a T68i

haki
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2002-06-06 15:28
There are many wonderful things regarding mobile services in the US. The Nextel network which is a combination of digital telephony and a TETRA system would be a dream-come-true to every European business regardless of size. The CDMA networks are also very nice (eg. SPRINT). We Europeans judge their networks by whether all users can SMS each other. In the States they can email each other instead with their phones (not to mention the extensive use of PDAs and 'hot spots' where they-and notebooks-can be used wirelessly). And when it comes to the issue of pricing you can be sure that they are VERY advanced!!! Unlimited local calls and unlimited weekend calls come at ridiculous prices. And it is practically free to call a mobile phone as opposed to exorbitant prices in Europe. Yes, they get charged for incoming calls, but the first incoming minute is free so one can hang up before it expires.
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-06 16:13
i'll say it again, as usual... US is far behind the rest of the world!
haki
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2002-06-06 18:04
Your arguments are so strong that they make me feel embarrassed for my previous post!!!

This post was posted from a Nokia

Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-06 20:54
Great argument Decoy7, maybe they should send you to make peace talks between India and Pakistan.

Laffen should brand you as the village idiot of the board.

decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-06 21:45
Quote:

On 2002-06-05 22:23, Deltayoda wrote:
Well, it’s not exactly behind, it just not as developed as it is in Europe and the rest of the world.

which part of it isn't exaclty behind?

and i should be labelled village idiot???....hahaaaaa, yeah alright mate, your the clever one
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi