Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Using the Sony Ericsson K700 with an Apple Mac

Author Using the Sony Ericsson K700 with an Apple Mac
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2004-11-07 10:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey Jools

Quick question. I just downloaded and tried PhoneAgent with my s700. Works great. My question is, are they serious about the price. I think it is a bit pricey for a what it does considering, that BluePhoneElite does almost the same thing for free. Not to mention that for just sending and receiving SMS's, the standard phone book is quite enough as well. Your thoughs.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
qwertypoiu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-21 21:12
Sorry for being stupid - im a complete novice at this kind of thing..

Ok..

I have a SE k700i and an iMac running on mac OS 9.0.4

Basically all I want to do is use both the above to do some basic stuff:

1) transfer mp3's to my phone from my mac
2) transfer photo's pics to/from my phone
3) transfer video to/from my phone

I'm not looking to update my OS system or anthing like that. Just want to have some fun with pics, video and mp3 to and from my phone and mac.

Which compatible software can I use to do this?

Which compatible equipment/cables do I need? ( I have 2 usb ports free + 1 firewire port)

im not too bothered about speed.. if it takes a few mintutes to transfer each song I don't mind. Same goes for all the more technical applications. I just need to do the 3 basic things mentioned above..

Anyone that can help me out? thanks.

(ps, can I do any of the above by/through email - e.g sending media to/from my phone via email attachments?)

[ This Message was edited by: qwertypoiu on 2004-11-21 20:21 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-22 11:39
You'll need a SonyEricsson RS-232 data cable such as the DRS-11 (or third-party equivalent from eBay). You can't use a USB cable as there are no Mac drivers available.

You will then need a RS-232 to USB converter for your Mac, such as this or this sold by Keyspan. This does come with drivers so you can use the above RS-232 cable on your Mac.

Finally, for sending files to the phone, via the above cable & converter combo, you'll need a program such as GSM Remote.

You'd be better off upgrading to Mac OS X and using Bluetooth though. Much easier and better and allows you to do so much more with your phone.

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2004-11-22 10:41 ]
GeminiTM
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 10:36
Please help me with this problem: I was able to sync my SE K700i couple of times with my iMac G5, but not anymore. The problems started after adding .mac service to the cycle. I can send and receive files via bluetooth and iSync recognizes my K700 - but when combing info and sending it to K700 - it hangs. After a while after "Contacting K700i..." and "Cleaning up" there is an error message:

|K700i| Device refused to add a contact (18)
Conduit K700i generated an internal error NSSyncConduitException (Device refused to add a contact (18)): can't close cleanly the connection to the device.
|K700i| Cannot get full calendar from device : an unknown error occured (18)
Conduit K700i generated exception NSSyncConduitException: Cannot get full calendar from device : an unknown error occured (18).
can't connect to the device to synchronize K700i.

- 10.3.7 does not help
- removing device and adding it again does not help
- removing .mac from iSync does not help

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 11:39
Try deleting the pairing from both phone and Mac, then go to:

~Library/Application Support/SyncService

and delete the folder in there (probably called "501"). Restart the Mac.

Then try pairing again and setting up iSync and Bluetooth as before.
paulus
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 13:47
How do you setup the K700 as a faxmodem for your BT Powerbook? I don't have an analog line, only cable and GSM. Sometimes, receiving a fax is handy and OS X provides software. I thought it was easy but I haven't found the correct settings for this software yet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
memphis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 23:53
Jools, all, thanks for this forum

mac : 10.3.7
SEk700i Phone
Isync 1.5

ISYNC GREYED OUT HELL

so, don't know if this helps anyone else, but follow exactly what is outlined on page 1 of this thread, but when it comes to selecting a passkey on your phone (that you will subsequently enter onto your mac)...

CHOOSE 1234

not a six digit or 3 digit code, just that 1234. else you'll hit the wall we did.

It's midnight. enough. to think we scratched Nokia days ago for incompatability.

leesie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 17:51
jools,

wondering if you can help me out.

have tried all suggestions posted, but my K700i still is not recognized by iSync.

latest version of OS X, of iSync, etc.

I can use BT fine and transfer files and all.

iSYnc is the only one with problems. have tried removing pairings, etc.

thanks for any help.

* when i click Add Device>Search...it says, NO Device found, though oddly enough, K700i says session completed.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 17:55
Have you tried initiating the pairing process from the phone rather than the Mac?

If so, try upgrading the firmware in your K700 to the latest (currently R2AE033).
thewiccaman
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-21 00:23
There is a sticky thread for Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=52690

It's in the general forum. So anything you need to know about SE phones and Mac OS can probably be answered there.

Hope this is helpful.

[ This Message was edited by: thewiccaman on 2005-02-20 23:23 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 22:19
Jools is right. The only way I could get mine to iSync was to pair from the phone. I also sent a guy a copy of my "library"file that he copied into his. He changed the Mac address and it worked. Sorry but I do not remember the name of the file. I will search for the mail though. Maybe Jools knows the file.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
subStereo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-01 03:24
Leesie - I don't know if you solved your problem, but I suddenly also got this problem after having installed the 1.2.0 Bluetooth firmware update, as my k700 had very big problems with updating from <> to adress book.

With no troubles prior to this, I noticed that iSync remembered the pairing even if it was deleted from Bluetooth prefs and the phone. So I deleted the device, restarted, repaired and thought iSync would discover the phone again.

Had the same problem as you - iSync connecting to the phone - session finished on the k700 - no units found.

This is what I did:
* Moved the /Library/Application Support/Syncservice/501 to my desktop (just because I generally don't like to just delete stuff)
* Disabled the "Use encryption" in the Bluetooth prefs
* Turned off the Bluetooth conn in BT prefs
* Restarted
* Renamed my phone to its default name ('k700i' in my case)
* Reenabled the "Use encryptioin"
* Paired the phone with the mac

Now suddenly the initial screen with "Choose the services to use with this phone" came up, and from there, the phone appeared again in iSync. Just to check, I now deleted the pairing and renamed the phone to its custom name, and the pairing + iSync detection still worked fine.

I guess the big thing is moving/deleting the Library 501 folder, restarting and then renaming the phone + pairing from the phone first and then from the mac.

Have anyone had my troubles with the k700 not syncing adress book? (mine stopped after some time) - will let you know if it happends again
mrlemonpigeon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-09 21:28
Hi...

I've been trying out PhoneAgent, mentioned earlier in this post, and seems like it should work with my S700, but I'm a little hesitant to drop the $30 just to find out (especially if it doesn't...).

Specifically, I'm hoping that it'll sort out all the things that Jools mentioned earlier about the iSync 1.5 release: i.e. Syncing addresses, notes, photos; resolving the '. .' company/name issue; resolving 15 character limit on company names.

Anyone had success with this program and an S700/710?

Thanks!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-03-10 21:35
@subStereo

Strange that you had this problem as the k700 was addressed in the upgrade of the k700.

tillmoscow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-12 13:22
I could solve the following problem with the steps described further below:

Problem: isync dosent see my k700i (R2AE033) anymore

Situation:
- OSX 10.3.8
- isync 1.5
- synchroonisation with .mac account

When I bought the k700i everything worked fine with isync.
After 2 weeks isync started to produce error messages and didn sync anymoe with my k700i.
Then I removed the k700i from isync and tried to add it again.
The following happend: the phone produced the message "session completed", as if a sync session was completes successfuly. isync is saying "no device found".

I deleted the corresponding preference ect files:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.isync.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
~/Library/Application Support/SyncService

The I did the following steps:

1. removed any pairing info on the s700i and the mac
2. initiated pairing from S700i.
3. Once paired, started iSync.
4. Options to sync address book, calendar etc appear (should have 3 options)

The phone appeared in iSync and everything works fine again by now.

I just do not sync with .mac anymore (I anyway decided not use .mac beyound the free trial version).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi