Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Using the Sony Ericsson K700 with an Apple Mac

Author Using the Sony Ericsson K700 with an Apple Mac
yellowdog22
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-06 09:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Guys

Is there any app with the mac (OSX) that can control and edit the address book and the phone and sim with the k700i?

I'm trying an Italian phone manager app called MegaCellX with my k700i. It works in the same way the ericcson client and I don't think its going to work but I have one question that maybe someone can answer, when connecting I get asked what tranfer rate i would like to use. It goes from 300 to 230.400, I guess this is what was once called the baud rate. Any ideas?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-08 10:26
Try PhoneAgent that works fine although its for the T610. Apparently they are working on a K700 version.

I tried MegaCellX and it seems to work fine with my K700, but as its all in Italian and they don't appear to provide any other language versions its not too good for me.

You can also try GSM Remote but that doesn't support the extended phonebooks (i.e. more than one number per contact).

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG3 on 2004-08-09 09:12 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-09 23:45
Apple has just released Mac OS X 10.3.5 - it's in your Software Update preference panel!

Of interest is:

- improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 08:46
Salling releases software for Sony Ericsson K700, S700

August 9 - 18:08 EDT
Salling Software today released Salling's Remote Basics 1.0, a set of free remote controls for popular Mac applications that work with Sony Ericsson's K700 and upcoming S700 models. "The K700 and S700 models have a simple built-in feature that lets the user remotely control a computer using Bluetooth," said Jonas Salling. "Unfortunately, popular Macintosh applications are not supported out-of-the-box." Salling's Remote Basics 1.0 fills the gap by adding the ability to control iTunes, DVD Player, EyeTV, VLC, PowerPoint, and Keynote. Simple commands like stop, next track, volume up/down can be given when the controlled application is in the foreground.

Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 23:55
iSync 1.5 is finally out. Get it from your Software Update or here.

And the K700 is now officially supported. Just downloading now, so will try it as soon as possible.

All day event syncing is now possible! Read this Apple Technote for more details.

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG3 on 2004-08-10 23:42 ]
hunghoward
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 05:08
But with the new iSync 1.5, it's still not syncing the address on my contact to the phone. Or am I not doing something right?
I thought the new iSync supposedly can sync the address as well, what's going on?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 08:10
The new iSync 1.5 still has the following limitations:

- Addresses are not synced
- Notes are not synced
- Contact photos are not synced (even though on the iSync site its says "On supported phones, iSync transfers the picture from your Mac OS X Address Book to the phone, along with contact information.". And the K700 is now an officially supported phone
- Company names still appear as ".." in the contact list
- Company names are truncated to 15 characters in the "Company:" field

So, all in all no improvements over v1.4 except:

- Pairing is easier
- All day events are now transferred to the phone (as read-only)
- We get a proper K700 icon in the iSync window

I suggest everybody fill in the iSync Feedback form to tell Apple.
gobang
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-12 15:37
Hi all

got a K700 with a new Powerbook Mac OS 10.3.3, iSync 1.5, and address book 3.1
All Blue Tooth connections/sync seems to work fine but sending text messages from Address book (as someone pointed earlier)
Any one has succeded in that ?
Just got the k700 and can't figure what version of firmware it has

Also would anyone know of a k700/Mac compatible utility to compose your own melodies (not piling up loops like Music DJ...), doesn't have to be polyphonic either...been missing those old school ringtones !

cheers
paulus
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-15 22:23
@gobang
Sending text (sms) messages works fine here, although it would be nice for Adressbook to confirm if sending was succesful or not. Texting my girlfriend 5 feet away worked great and AB popped up a window when she sent a reply. It even let me register the message which is then timestamped and added to the Notes field in her AB card. I'm relatively new to this generation of BT phones so I don't know if it's an old or new thing but I LIKE IT!!!

Maybe you should try updating your OS X to v. 3.5 it solves some BT issues at the OS level.

Oldskool is cool but I prefer to use GarageBand tunes as ringtones. Standard with every new Mac it allows you do whatever you want in music, ringtone-wise. I'm sure there are quite a few GB users that planted their home grown MP3's somewhere for you to use them as realtones.
gobang
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-16 21:19
@Paulus

thanks !
I moved to 1.3.5 and all is fine now !!

I'm actually a bit into music (hence the Mac!) but never really went into Midi file stuff
Although I have all it needs to program Midi, I still don't know how to assign each part to a specific sounds/instrument so when sent to the k700 each chord, melody etc plays the right instrument...

Cheers
paulus
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-17 16:34
Quote:
I still don't know how to assign each part to a specific sounds/instrument so when sent to the k700 each chord, melody etc plays the right instrument...

Sorry mate, can't help you on this one. I'm not a midi guru but when I play a file on my Mac it sounds similar (not exactly the same) to the phone when using the same file as ringtone. I'm not sure if you should worry too much about mapping instruments. But again, I'm relatively midi-stupid.

Be sure to check out Salling's Remote Basics. It turns your phone into a remote for your Mac...
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-17 16:38
@gobang:

I think you can change the instruments with QuickTime Pro. At least you can with existing MIDI files. I amused myself for about 30 seconds changing intruments to dog barks and other sound effects!

Load the .mid file into QuickTime Player. Choose Movie > Get Movie Properties.

Choose Music Track from the first pop-up, then Instruments from the second pop-up.

Double-click on an instrument to change it!

gobang
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-19 15:10
Thanks JoolsG3

that was really enlightening !

Cheers
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-30 20:33
MacMedia have added K700 support in v1.2 of PhoneAgent.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 17:12
For any Mac OS X users who want a very quick and easy, drag and drop method of making videos for your K700, try this link:

http://www.kwerkx.com/rd/products/FEDrop.html

There's a 15-day free trial, and its $10 after that.

To make a video for the K700 do this:

- Load the program "FE_ConvertDropTrial"
- Drag a QuickTime movie into the window
- Choose "3gp 3gp2 Mobile Media" from the Convert To pop-up
- Click 'Convert' and type a filename, and click Save
- Click the "Audio" tab and choose "AAC-LC (Music) from the top pop-up and "Mono" from the "Channels" pop-up
- Click "Ok" and wait a few minutes for your K700 format movie
- Transfer the movie to the phone and enjoy!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi