Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Settings for Smart Communications, Inc. (Philippines)

Previous  123 ... 12 131415  Next
Author Settings for Smart Communications, Inc. (Philippines)
cream
T310
PM
Posted: 2003-03-01 02:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@neilgoth.... im using my isp's email service. ive tried 2 settings: the one i personally use (my isp at home) and the one i use in the office. the one at home might not work kasi i havent used outlook to access my mail, so it might just be a beginner thing. yung sa office, i just copied the settings sa outlook express, so it's bound to work, but it doesnt. what's weird is while im using my personal isp's email service, the phone always goes to "cannot connect to server"... but when i use the company's email, the "connecting" message just goes away, then nothing comes next, it just goes back to the email menu. wala man lang "message sent" or something. i know it doesnt work kasi no matter how many times i send something, nothing arrives in my e-mail. ive a hunch that this has something to do with my phoneline being pre-paid... pero many times in this forum, people have said na it doesnt matter, so i guess i have to rule that out.

ooh, coffee....
JavaMadness
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 15:57
If anyone managed to set up GPRS for the mobile IM apps at www.justyak.com for use under Smart's network, please post to share. Thanks in advanced.
angelikdevil
W550 red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-06 11:52
@cream.... some isp's require that you login muna before you can send/receive email (mag dial-up ka muna which is not possible sa mobile devices) - i'm assuming (of course) na dial-up yung isp mo.

Yung sa office, bka naka local intranet email kyo. Which means na sa office mo lang pwede i-access yung email mo (send/receive).

Try signing up for a free 3rd party(not your isp's) POP3 email. i.e., myrealbox.com, hotpop.com. Use their pop3 and smtp setting. Kung ayaw talaga gumana, check mo kung ang ginagamit mong profile for email is the SmartPC setting (nka smart ka naman di ba?). If it still doesnt work, weird nga phone mo (<-- not an insult ha).

Im on prepaid and im using it to send/receive emails. Im using hotpop, myrealbox and tri-isys.
cream
T310
PM
Posted: 2003-03-11 04:06
@angellikedevil.... i'm using tri-isys, too! i just followed their typical pop3 settings (like what i use in outlook express). weird...

i tried asking the smart hotline what's wrong with my settings. i dunno for sure... pero my phone's a t39m, and they say it's not smartgprs-supported... but i tell them that if my phone doesnt support smartgprs... then how the hell did i download their settings? out of frustration, im kinda, uh, concurring with them na

oh well...
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-11 04:47
@cream

i use a T39mc, its "smartgprs" capable actually if you ask the service personell ng smart some of them are dumb saying that the T68i lang ang may gprs, pero the T39 was made beyond its time. i did the over-the-air setting and sent gprs on to 333 and it was not working, it took like a month for it to be activated. in your t39 you can see the signal bars sa left lower hand corner diba? its triangular diba? sa taas nun may indicator na solid inverted triangle this indicates gprs signal. kung activated na and there is gprs signal it will be black and solid kung walang signal and activated gprs its still there pero gray ung kulay. kung walang gprs walang indicator na makikita.
DasKiD
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-11 13:28
i am using t68i iwth prepaid sim
i cant download my mms msgs
it says 'pls check your settings and try again'

but i already have profiles for mms and gprs

pls help. tnx
Turd2003
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-08 09:01
I still can't send an mms even though activated na mms and gprs ko, i could browse my wap but the thing is i could not send any mms, could someone pls. help me?
fatusai
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-06-03 19:02
dont use gsm data mate it will chage, like you use it when you place a call
Erwin777
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-06-11 16:04
@ TO ALL, gud pm gusto ko lang po malaman kung puede ung bluetooth instead of cable for connecting in the internet??? kasi madalas kong mabasa d2 sa esato datacable ang ginagamit, eh panu kung bluetooth?? thanks
doc chikito
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 01:14
help guys...

i recently switched to smart via addict. i carefully followed all the OTA settings from page 1 of this thread, but still i cant access gprs and mms (the only ota setting i got from smart was labeled 'internet'... no Smart GPRS, no SmartPC, no Smart MMS)

can you please post the manual configurations of the gprs and mms settings for the t68i?

sorry if the post seemed redundant, though i cant find mms settings in this thread.

thanks for your patience and help.
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-02 07:39
The manual GPRS settings are on the first page of this thread.

The manual MMS settings are found here - http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=7285&forum=14
kieboy
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-07-03 00:10
@ * - ako I tried putting the settings to my gf's T610...siyempre wala pang T610 na settings sa SMART, but I still I tried typing SET GPRS ET610 and walang result. Pero naisip ko na pareho lang naman siguro yun eh. So i tried doing SET GPRS ET68i and SET MMS T68i and sending to 211 then GPRS ON and MMS ON sending it to 333...gumana naman heheheh. Got the settings OTA.

~ P910i ~
P910i Freak!
cat_fly9
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-18 09:28
people
whats the smart e-mail settings/configurator.. I do the search I cant find an answer pls help me on this
erikok
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-11-08 02:39
Im using the T610 nw.
I already set the GPRS and MMS so i can use it.
But still i cant use the POP/SMTP.
When i try to connect it, i got the error "can't find the server".
Is it POP Server Problem? I can connect to the internet kase.

and when i want to use this service, i have to apply to Smart?
I went to Smart wireless center 2times but they said, no need to apply.

I want to make sure about this issue!
Gays please give me the advice :'(

jett
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-08 03:03
t68i per kilobyte sent po..! .25 per kilobyte...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 12 131415  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic