Author Bacanito's Canadian Forum
soulsaber
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-29 05:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-05-03 18:01:27, Prom1 wrote:
MAJOR HUGE UPDATE for ALL Canadians!

Rogers is the FIRST RETAILER to offer the Nokia N95 (version N95-4 8GB Imbedded) with Dual Band HSPA support & Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE.

Furthermore, its OFFICIAL and channels get it this Tuesday, May 6/7th and its a Rogers ViSION phone!!! that $7 Unlimited on device data is going to SELL this phone like CRAZY! and Video Calling ... yeah thats going to pickup HUGE in Canada soon enough!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365305

Confirmed by a long time Rogers Seller, insider, Official Store Manager (Rogers Store, not a RadioShack/TheSource/Futureshop store).

Ya, but it still costs like $400 even on a 3 year contract, which is a freaking long time.
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-04 18:36
some NEWS ladies & gents.

Canadian spectrum auction!

http://network.nationalpost.c[....]-nigh-for-jaguar-wireless.aspx

[quote=Financial Post]SpectrumWatch: Round 21 results - The end is nigh for Jaguar Wireless
Posted: June 04, 2008, 11:11 AM by David George-Cosh
Telecom, SpectrumWatch

With no bidding in the last five rounds or so and the expiration of its last waiver, Jaguar Wireless Holding Corp. appears to be on its last legs.

The company, led by former CanTel boss David Parkes and funded by a variety of Saudi Arabian firms, today may be the end for Jaguar Wireless. Mr. Parkes and his associates have remained very quiet throughout the auction process and only bid on Toronto spectrum licences, topping its bidding at $213-million.

Regardless, at the end of round 21, bidding continues to climb with revenues reaching $2.62-billion. If the auction were to end today, the three incumbent players – Telus Corp., BCE Inc. and Rogers Communications Inc. – would control the

New entrants Quebecor Inc. Globalive Communications Corp. and Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Wireless Inc., who are each vying for national bids are still contesting several licences such as southern Ontario, Toronto and B.C. Shaw Communications Inc. has scaled back its bidding but still remains in the running for spectrum in B.C., Nova Scotia, northern Ontario and Winnipeg. Upstart Novus Wireless Inc. may represent the last of the regional players with $43.4-million devoted to licences throughout metropolitan areas in B.C. and Edmonton.

Will bidding reach $3-billion? With three more rounds today, it certainly might.

For a listing of where each company stands and how much they have committed to spectrum licences, click here. To read more of FP Posted's continuous coverage of wireless spectrum auction, click here. Subscribe to the RSS feed here.[/quote]
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-23 05:48
New Rogers Wireless Data Plans for Blackberry users, BIS users rejoice in decent pricing models.

http://your.rogers.com/busine[....]lan=blackberrydata&cat=2&typ=2

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
t_mo_t
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-07-21 17:40
Hey guys, i have the w960i and i would to set MMS and all other settings to it, i tried sony ericsson text setup, but i didnt receive anything!! i m using Fido, can someone from Ontario tell me the settings? i would like to input them manualy... thanks!!!
jonathansrf
W660 Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-22 15:29
HEY .... im dominican
que tal...

Somebody have a cell for sell...here??
i m looking for a Sonyericsson w800 cheap like me that phone...somebody tellme thing?? or how i can get it?

[ This Message was edited by: jonathansrf on 2008-08-22 14:30 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-13 01:11
UPDATE Fellow Canadians!!!

Rogers customers gain access to Nokia's innovative mobile services on Canada's fastest mobile network

as First posted by Apoc on his site (http://www.a site.com/news/008/09/groundbreaking_gage_and_maps_services_on_rogers.htm) and also

Rogers source: http://your.rogers.com/investorrelations/news_wireless.asp
You need to specifically click on the heading " Nokia launches groundbreaking N-Gage and Nokia Maps services on Rogers Wireless' High-Speed Network" for September 10th in the above site as it renders within a Java window

Nokia source: http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1250249

[quote=Rogers Wireless & Nokia] Toronto, Canada and San Francisco, CA, USA - Rogers Wireless and Nokia today announced the Canadian availability of exciting new wireless services that allow Rogers consumers to experience the latest in mobile gaming and navigation on Nokia devices. This services agreement between Nokia and Rogers is the first such agreement with a wireless carrier in North America, further establishing Rogers Wireless' leadership in delivering Canadian consumers leading-edge wireless data experiences.

Nokia Maps, with GPS functionality and featuring Location Based Services, enables users to expertly navigate, whether searching for an unfamiliar address in their home city or exploring a vacation destination. Consumers can see the world in a new way, with on-screen maps for more than 160 countries and millions of points of interest. Making finding your way easier than ever before, users can now plan their route street to street, city to city, or country to country. They can view different perspectives, including satellite images, street maps, or combinations of the two.

Using Nokia Maps, users can enjoy world-class car navigation with turn-by-turn visual and voice guidance in 46 languages, and dynamic re-routing to avoid trouble spots. For those needing the last mile assistance or pedestrian guidance in town, consumers can get turn-by-turn navigation instructions on their Nokia device.

With Nokia N-Gage, consumers can easily find, try and buy the best in mobile games with a range of innovative, made-for-mobile titles from Nokia, such as Reset Generation and Dirk Dagger and The Fallen Idol, as well as popular brands from leading 3rd party publishers. Consumers are able to take their mobile gaming experience to new heights as they connect with other users through the N-Gage Arena community. Through this thriving community, consumers can meet friends, find others to challenge, communicate with each other via message boards, live chat, tournaments and other interactive exchanges that bring the mobile gaming experience to life. [/quote]

THIS is how contracts & business relationships should be done! I hope SE can pick up their game in handset functionality & design and negotiate deals.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic