Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > V70 tri-band on expansys.com?

Author V70 tri-band on expansys.com?
MicroT13
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-26 21:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I was just at exspansys.com and if you go to Motorola GSM mobile phones, they now have 3 versions of the V70, a dual-band (GSM900/GSM1800), a single-band (GSM1900) and now a tri-band version to be released in 28 days. Can anyone confirm this because I will wait for the tri-band if it exists, but Motorola hasn't announced anything on a tri-band yet.
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-05-26 21:41
I think the tri-Band is true but i am not completely sure...
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-27 04:14
I seriously find that phone incredibly overpriced!

$652.50 for TRI-BAND for a V70? This thing doesn't even compare to the T68i and yet it costs more? This phone shouldn't even cost more than $300 at most! What a ripoff...

And why would you buy a single band phone if the dual band costs only $20 more? Sheesh.

It does look ok, but it really looks like something you would attach to your keychain.
MicroT13
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-27 05:33
Price isn't a question for me since I am buying the V70 for its looks, not its features. I have a T68 packed with features already. Also, since I am from New York (in the United States) I really can't use a dual band phone that only works with GSM 900/1800 (for Asia and Europe) in the United States, huh? Consider you're (yoda) from California, I would assume you knew that.
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-27 06:59
I never suggested that you would use dual band in the United-States (I don’t even know where you would get that from). Then again, I never suggested that you do anything. Your dumbass comment doesn't help at all.

I am disappointed about the price on this phone when it absolutely doesn’t have anything special to it, and considering the Asian market already deemed it overpriced, I would never even think of buying this phone for such a high price for so little.

If you feel that the price seems fair, by all means go ahead and buy this phone right now, and then watch the price drop another $200 in about a month or so. In fact, I even encourage you to buy this phone at a higher price (Considering Expansys is already expensive enough): http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cell-tronics/v70gsmcelpho.html
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi