Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > (UK) Tesco GPRS/Palm

Author (UK) Tesco GPRS/Palm
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 19:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anyone any idea how to set up Tesco GPRS (using a Palm and T68i through IR/BT)? I can't find the APN settings etc. anywhere. Thanks, Bri

This message was posted from a T68i

slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 20:08
try this gives you a list of all uk operators gprs settings
http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 21:26
Thanks, that's very helpful but I need a lot more info e.g. init string and some script.

This message was posted from a T68i

mwright
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 23:54
There are various tutorials on this subject - but the basics go something like this.

I am assuming that you already have GPRS set up and usable on the handset. I am also assuming that the O2 setup is similar to Orange that I use.

On the handset examine the data accounts to find the one you need to use. On orange it has the APM "orangeinternet".

For each data account there is a "CID" number - on my handset orangeinternet is CID=6.

Assuming that you can persuade the Palm to use the T68i as a modem, give it the dialstring "*99***n#" where n is the number determined above.

You should not need any init strings - these strings only confuse matters and provide no more information than the dialstring I just gave.

Good luck

Just a thought!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi