Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Would u trust a car running windows OS?

Previous  12
Author Would u trust a car running windows OS?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-15 14:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Via: engadget

Microsoft has released Windows Automotive 5.0, a new version of the Windows CE-based OS for embedded car computers. According to the company, the latest rev includes new tools for developers, such as a new UI toolkit, as well as support for Bluetooth, WiFi UPnP, USB, XML, SOAP and other common standards. Companies like Clarion, Alpine and Pioneer are already working on products, such as audio gear and GPS systems, that will be built on the latest version of Windows Automotive.

[addsig]
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-15 18:52
Picture yourself driving down the highway at 100 km per hour, and your car system crashes, locking your wheels, steering, braking system, doors - and even airbags

In answer to the question, "No; I wouldn't. Not if my life depended on it!"
PS: I used to be known as AYA
Cornholio_666
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-15 19:00
car would be in the garage every day downloading updates, then every six months the engine would have to be re-installed because it wouldn't work properly. so the answer would be no.
Queens Of The Stone Age RULE!
Also known as "THE ROADIE"
Burn The Witch
"I find that on the internet, everyone's very tough in an anonymous, pussy sort of way'" - Josh Homme. March '05
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-15 19:01
Alot of cars have built-in electronics nowadays so why not ? If it is tested like any serious crash test's then yeah maybe but I prefer mechanics than electronics
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-15 19:04
I would'nt trust my car with windows....no way,have too many bad experiences to ever trust it behind the wheel....on the other hand i would trust Tiger! [addsig]
SsTiTcH
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-15 23:56
Not only NO.! But HELL NO.!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi