Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Bluetooth for Bluebeard?

Author Bluetooth for Bluebeard?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-16 18:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

I have a problem with Bluetooth headsets, in that the wearer either looks like a prat, or if it is particularly discreet, comes across like a schizophrenic talking to God. However, given that I have no particular desire to irradiate my brain with microwaves for prolonged periods, I have been thinking long and hard about a possible solution, and by Jove, I think I have it!

The obvious and elegant solution is a Bluetooth-enabled parrot which would perch on your shoulder, pirate-style. Not only would this lend you a certain rakish air on the Number 73 bus, it would make it entirely clear to fellow passengers and the man in the street that you are perfectly sane and merely engaged in a conversation with a friend. Given that it is almost impossible to wear a Bluetooth headset without looking like a tit, one may as well go the whole hog and give people a laugh into the bargain.
This invention would also solve the problem of annoying your fellow passengers quite so much. Researchers (well, Jakob Nielsen) have found that the most irritating thing about overheard mobile phone conversations is that they can only hear one half of the conversation. By simply using a concealed loudspeaker in said parrot, mental irritation of your fellows would be significantly reduced. Perhaps there could be an option to have your caller's voice broadcast in either their natural voice or in a comedy parrot voice? The opportunities are limitless.

Now, I've googled this idea, and nobody seems to have built one yet. Granted, there are Bluetooth handsfree car kits which are called Parrot, but do they look like a parrot? They do not. This is clearly a gap in the market and a significant opportunity for first mover advantage. All I need is some investment money to build the first prototypes. Anyone care to chip in?

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-04-16 17:01 ]
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-16 18:12
Though i couldn't read it full this is hilarious :-) . What about just wearing a wig eh? Or a bt wig :-D

This message was posted from a WAP device

Aussie Blue Boy
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-04-19 14:52
Well stone the crows.

It's the Norwegian Blue !!!

We've got to tell John Cleese and the Monty Python boys.

The 'dead parrot' (Norwegian Blue) was apparently a cyborg.
It was neither kipping (sleeping) or dead.

It was obviously just missing its Bluetooth Implant !!!

Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-20 17:42
@axxr is that you?
Ayush
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-04-21 11:59
deary, deary me....

i'm just imagining the diagnostic tool:
your bluetooth device has gone to join the heavenly choir, it is in effect an ex-bluetooth device.....Abort, Retry, Fail

[ This Message was edited by: gelfen on 2004-04-21 11:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gelfen on 2004-04-22 00:28 ]
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-21 12:06
...ABORT retry, fail :-D

This message was posted from a WAP device

Aussie Blue Boy
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-04-21 12:31
Yes this is working rather well.
If I remember John Cleese properly:

" It seems as if you've got to SCREAM until you're BLUE in the face to get anything done in this country!"

Well done AXXXR this has GOT to go STICKY!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi