Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Grand Theft Auto Chat Thread

Previous  123 ... 414243 ... 525354  Next
Author The Grand Theft Auto Chat Thread
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 13:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-05-07 13:13:15, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Just bumping my questions from my earlier post, if someone could please have a go at answering them, that'd be great.

On 2008-05-07 04:09:15, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

How come you get six stars when you go to the other islands? I mean, I know you aren't allowed to go there at the beginning, but what is the reason for that? I think I missed it.

There is a terrorist alert on, hence the six stars and the cops going bonkers!!!

Rockstar being current once again!
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-07 13:54
I can't wait to go home and have another play on this. Been neglecting my running last weekend cos of this lol. Better run for a bit 1st then play later.
It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward - Rocky Balboa
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 14:12
Thanks for the replies fellas. I thought I heard something about terrorists on the radio, but I seem to have missed the whole bit about the islands being blocked off because of it!

I managed to find a boat actually. It was a pretty good one too! I found it in the river/bit of water between the two sections of the first island (I guess the first island is actually two islands). It was parked at a jetty on the lower island.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 17:49
Dicky Snapples idk about you, but is'nt the point to play a game to escape realism? I think all these titles making their games realisic, just makes the game more hard, frustrating, boring and slow. Well thats my opinion any way, don't get me wrong, in a sports game, fair enough, but GTA was made famous and gained all the attention for being, fast and highly unrealistic which made it so damn FUN in the first place.

A game were you could kill a bunch of people and drive of with a frenzy of cops behind you, now, you get shot a few times and you die before you get in a car. Thats not fun at all.

BTW with the ps3, you can spawn a helicopter with the cheats so I flew over the islands. They definately all look very small from an ariel view, San Andreas was definately much larger but not as detailed. It will be fantastic if they revisit San Andreas on the ps3 in a future title, and make it even better like they did with Librety city.
Vein
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 01:01
Im waiting for the next GTA London 1969 tbh, still one of the best GTAs there ever was!!
Upto 38% now, still not on the third island
Anyone had joy in shooting the "flying rats" (pigeons) ??
Vein Autostyling (+28 -0)
www.cliosport.net
www.e30zone.net
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 01:55

On 2008-05-07 17:49:55, KingBooker5 wrote:
Dicky Snapples idk about you, but is'nt the point to play a game to escape realism? I think all these titles making their games realisic, just makes the game more hard, frustrating, boring and slow. Well thats my opinion any way, don't get me wrong, in a sports game, fair enough, but GTA was made famous and gained all the attention for being, fast and highly unrealistic which made it so damn FUN in the first place.

A game were you could kill a bunch of people and drive of with a frenzy of cops behind you, now, you get shot a few times and you die before you get in a car. Thats not fun at all.

I tend to agree. I preferred being slightly more invincible in previous titles. I'm getting killed with only a one star rating sometimes in this game just because them damn cops only need about 5 shots to kill me. But in other GTAs I'd never get killed with one star and not usually even with two stars. The cover system is great but when you're in the middle of the road with cops on all angles, its hard to find any cover. I just think they've gone a bit too far with the realism. Sure, make it more realistic, but not to the extent that its frustrating!
Evilchap
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 03:44
Its not that bad, strap on an armoured vest grab an AK-47 and a fist full of grenades and you can hold out for quite a while.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 03:55
Yeah I guess I'm speaking a little soon... I'm yet to come across armoured vests, so hopefully they come up soon! I spose I'm still getting used to the controls as well.
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-08 11:22
On a similar note though, I love the way that you can lose your wanted level by driving out of the "circle" and lying low for a while. At least now you have a chance of losing a three star wanted level, something I could never do in the previous games (was it even possible?)
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-08 11:57
Managed to get one pigeon so far and i've done 3 of the 50 stunt jumps. I'll have a look later as to what percentage i'm on. Last mission i did was "search and delete" then just went for a drive round, bought some molotov cocktails and went a bit mad lol
It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward - Rocky Balboa
DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 13:46
i like how if you steal a FIB car, you can search the police computer database,find criminals,then track em down and kill them
scottt
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 14:12

On 2008-05-08 01:01:57, Vein wrote:
Im waiting for the next GTA London 1969 tbh, still one of the best GTAs there ever was!!
Upto 38% now, still not on the third island
Anyone had joy in shooting the "flying rats" (pigeons) ??

Upto around 37/38% myself still not unlocked 3rd island but oh well heard its not as good as the other two....

Killed one "flying rat" so far, that was when i was in the mission were you have to retrieve the drugs from the old hospital

Bloody loving this game at the mo not played on it it an insane amount though becoz of the beautiful weather
I my 32GB iPhone 3GS

DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2008-05-08 14:16
ive killed about 15 flying rats, ive been concentrating on the missions so haven't really been looking out for them [addsig]
Lunion
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-08 18:29
I;ve killed..... 2.... lol
If you live in a glass house, don't be chuckin stuff about.
Lunion
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-09 11:36
I'm on around 46% and have the third city unlocked.

It's not all that great, but there is a pigeon in the hedge on the first mission you do there

i'm upto 3 now!
If you live in a glass house, don't be chuckin stuff about.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 414243 ... 525354  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic